The Rumour Thread

11 minutes ago, Lowki said:

Completely relative to ones expectattions of course, but prices are not that bad right? Skelletons go from 25 Euro per 10 to 45 per 20, so basically 5 Euro less expensive, Zombies from 32.50 to 42,50. New Bloodknight are a lot cheaper (as expected) by 30 Euro, and fell bats stay teh same at 40 Euro.

Zombie price raise is considerable...maybe, if assumptions are correct that prices ar somewhat relative to the % they make up from an armylist, Zombies may cost more points in the new Tome?

Lauka is cheaper than I expected

That all looks pretty reasonable by GW standards. Lauka Vai even looks kinda cheap. I think that means she is smaller than we though previously. Sigvald size maybe?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cofaxest said:

The dwarven part is the most obnoxious, to be honest. Not only Grungni helping Sigmar (AGAIN!) instead of his own people, but at the same time, all dwarves souping together without any real reason and for sure will not get any new models for the next 2-3 years (at best). I see this as bs even if it's true..

Aelves can have half a dozen battletomes but duardin will be capsulized into one. What a failure. Hope it's a fake.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Raviv said:

Blood Knights for 50 matches the relatively recent LRL cavalry.

However, 3 bats for 40 sounds expensive. Maybe you get 6 in one kit?

The new Fell Bats seem to be a lot bigger than the old ones. They were previously on 40mm bases, but check out these absolute units in the back near the Terrorgheist:

w77l67304vMZ9Sjb.jpg

Maybe they are more of an elite choice now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's the same rumour from earlier which Whitefang said was fake but not fake which is rather frustrating. I am almost at the point that I hope I hate the new destruction faction. If the rumours of Shadow Aelves and new Cities kits are true, I'm going to be very poor indeed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Agree with the Stormcast perspective. They are, much like SM’s, not just the protagonist of their setting, but the brand identity and the ones that will do most of the heavy lifting in terms of marketing. It stands to reason that GW want them to look the best they can. I feel this is perhaps a soft reboot of the warrior chamber in order to bring the design quality up to the standards of recent releases. If you look at the original AOS release compared to now, there is a noticeable shift in aesthetic whether that’s attributed to better technology or different miniature designers I’m not sure. 

re Duardin, merging Kharadron makes no sense to me. They are one of the most isolationist factions by nature and have a very unique aesthetic. Fyreslayers on the other hand, owing to the fact they exist in “lodges” and often act as mercenaries, I can see how they might be merged with a more classical Duardin force. 

Finally, I’m not sure what exactly this next Destruction faction will be, but I think there is a good chance at some point this edition we get some kind of refresh or substantial Beastmen release. They mentioned this is the “Era of the Beast”, the edition cover art features Yndrasta fighting what looks like Chaos Spawn, and for the most part the setting will focus on Ghur. Also Kragnos... 

• Like 3

Skeletons are priced exactly where I thought they would be. I'm still surprised they are 20 in the box though. The fact that they are slightly cheaper than the recently retired set it also surprising. The blood knights are a great price (I'm assuming that they are multipart and that things like the banner are alternative parts) I was expecting them to be up there with the big chaos knights in price.

The rumour seems like its just an an amalgamation of all the wishlisting and guesses from other rumour threads. I find it hard to believe that they would bung all the dwarves back together when we have cities of sigmar (who have already been mentioned as being Human, dwarf and elves that are going out and reclaiming the chaos wastes) and the overlords have been pushed so hard since launch as their own thing. I just don't see it being true. I'd like it to be- I much prefer mixed battletomes more reminiscent of the old army books that let you own one book and build a million different themed forces from it.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Blueraven84 said:

Back to rumours, stealing this from Jabber who got it from Reddit:

kuva.png.ee4e830c8715e0051791f3a324abd802.png

Come to think of it, are we even confident that we will see mongolian inspired wolf riders/steppe goblins anymore? Bretonnian Stormcast definitely did not pan out (as far as we know), and since those rumours were connected, I'd say that counts against the wolf rider theory. Plus, when I think swamps and mires as the newest teaser implies, I don't really think wolves.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Come to think of it, are we even confident that we will see mongolian inspired wolf riders/steppe goblins anymore? Bretonnian Stormcast definitely did not pan out (as far as we know), and since those rumours were connected, I'd say that counts against the wolf rider theory. Plus, when I think swamps and mires as the newest teaser implies, I don't really think wolves.

To be fair, considering how Idoneth Deepkin and Ossiarch Bonereapers have been described in the past "Bretonnian Stormcast" could have definitely referred to these leaner, more traditional-paladin-style armours, even if it wouldn't be a very good description. But yes we'll have to wait and see because we've got some very odd conflicting possibilities (like sun-worshipping grots being a decently likely option that could work well with the teaser banner but on the other hand also contrasting a lot with the swamp location and aesthetic).

• Like 1

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I think "Bretonnian Stormcast" was never meant to be a literal description, but more about the more classic looking armour style, which does fit. 

We could still see larger greenskins (between gobbos and orruks) riding some form of beast, but I wouldn't take it as a literal description that we're getting the old Hobgoblins back. 

8 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

The price of that vampire lord highlights the Crimson Court as one of the increasingly rare cases where a WHU kit is a far better deal than the normal hero. €22.50 for a vampire lord or €32.50 for four vampire lords.

This seems to be the common thing now. I picked up the KO warband yesterday as they were finally back in stock. Its €20 for a Aether-Khemist (which I think is a better sculpt) and three other models against the single Aether-Khemist at €22.50.

Just now, RamsesIII said:

To be fair, considering how Idoneth Deepkin and Ossiarch Bonereapers have been described in the past "Bretonnian Stormcast" could have definitely referred to these leaner, more traditional-paladin-style armours, even if it wouldn't be a very good description. But yes we'll have to wait and see because we've got some very odd conflicting possibilities (like sun-worshipping grots being a decently likely option that could work well with the teaser banner but on the other hand also contrasting a lot with the swamp location and aesthetic).

1 minute ago, SunStorm said:

I think "Bretonnian Stormcast" was never meant to be a literal description, but more about the more classic looking armour style, which does fit. 

We could still see larger greenskins (between gobbos and orruks) riding some form of beast, but I wouldn't take it as a literal description that we're getting the old Hobgoblins back. 

Personally, I can more easily see OBR as "new Tomb Kings" and IDK as "cthulhu elves" than I can see the new Stormcast as Bretonnian. I can rationalize that description if I try, but when I think Bretonnia I would have expected different, more medieval helmets, tabbards and (above all) horses. Maybe there is a unit still to be shown that hammers this home, but given just the models we know of already, would you not be more likely to call them "gritty stormcast", "realistic stormcast" or even "angel stormcast"?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bluesummers said:

Some info for the LoN players: 0xmfhgc915y61.png

Though it was pretty likely the LoN was on the way out as soon as this was announced, I wonder what's happening with stuff like the Mortarchs and Nagash himself. (Unless they were all rolled into Bonereapers- its one of the few battletomes I've not brought and I've no idea whats in there tbh)

Just now, RexHavoc said:

Though it was pretty likely the LoN was on the way out as soon as this was announced, I wonder what's happening with stuff like the Mortarchs and Nagash himself. (Unless they were all rolled into Bonereapers- its one of the few battletomes I've not brought and I've no idea whats in there tbh)

According to that 4chan leak that was right in all other aspects, Arkhan is no longer in the book, but Nagash and the others Mortarchs are.

38 minutes ago, Chikout said:

That's the same rumour from earlier which Whitefang said was fake but not fake which is rather frustrating. I am almost at the point that I hope I hate the new destruction faction. If the rumours of Shadow Aelves and new Cities kits are true, I'm going to be very poor indeed. 

Yeah somehow I missed all these rumors.....I know this has been said 10000000000x on these forums but jeez new Cities kits would be so so cool.

I also do really like the new Stormcast.  And hobgoblins would be great.  My poor poor wallet....

On 5/8/2021 at 10:16 PM, Lowki said:

Maybe I see things that are not there, but this from the hint:

image.png.28bcc9aeceb45d2e7af3088caf78773a.png

Looks a lot like something seen on the cover art:

image.png.6290dd5814a814a29a7bb489e844fb85.png

Is that something we know, already exist or...?

On 5/8/2021 at 10:26 PM, Souleater said:

What if the those guardsmen are actually surrounded by one big monster with a lot of eyes! 

bj6l8rxy7j211.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg

This + the mountainworms from the Hobbit + covered in eyes.

Give giant squig(swamp)worm now plz!

22 minutes ago, RexHavoc said:

This seems to be the common thing now. I picked up the KO warband yesterday as they were finally back in stock. Its €20 for a Aether-Khemist (which I think is a better sculpt) and three other models against the single Aether-Khemist at €22.50.

Thundrik's is from the time "long ago" (2 years) when Underworld Warbands were 22,50 euros. They have gone to 32,50 with a reduction in average model count.

I also really like that the Skywarden doesn't have a flying stem.