The Rumour Thread

6 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I'm going to place my bets and say this is the start of the rise of Soulblight Gravelords. I think we are looking at the beginning of the narrative that will ultimately lead to Nagash losing his complete dominion over Death.

I thought of Malerion,  but that’d also make sense! Anyway, very cool story! 

Edited by LuminethMage
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Two theories: 

Spoiler

The one I like most - Malerion wants to assassinate Sigmar.

The most plausible - A Soublight vampire lord  wants to assassinate Nagash which could mean death civil war.

Bonus theory - Clan Eshin will get sth out of a BR book 😛 !

Edited by Sigmarusvult

Just now, Samukai said:

Lord of shadow. Cloaked in shadows. Sits upon a throne. Hulking winged body. Works with Clan Eshin who are known to operate in Ulgu. THIS IS MALERION. We have the first idea of his intentions, very exciting stuff.

If you read all the story the manners of the shadow-lord is more like an animal, growling and being ready to attack their prey. That is clearly a vampire description.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nezzhil said:

If you read all the story the manners of the shadow-lord is more like an animal, growling and being ready to attack their prey. That is clearly a vampire description.

I disagree. I think Malerion is half dragon/demon/beast and the description fits well. I would not describe a vampire as a "winged monstrosity" and i dont think that getting skaven to assassinate sigmar (seemingly) would be something they would do, at all. 

• Like 2

Just now, Samukai said:

I disagree. I think Malerion is half dragon/demon/beast and the description fits well. I would not describe a vampire as a "winged monstrosity" and i dont think that getting skaven to assassinate sigmar (seemingly) would be something they would do, at all. 

I thought it was Nagash, rather than Sigmar, personally. 

Just now, Samukai said:

The impossible to destroy and to end the eternal is clearly a reference to kill Nagash.

He is the Death, and you can't kill the death.

He is the Eternity because he can give you the immortality.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Samukai said:

I'm completely torn... As I read, I thought of Malerion (but not wanting to assassinate Sigmar I was thinking maybe destroying the forge or a key structure in azyr to prevent the Stormcasts from being reforged) but as I read your comments, vampires seems also likely to help introduce the soulblights narratively because why would malerion work with skavens, don't he has his own assassins ?...

Also killing the eternal being a reference to Nagash also makes sense !! 

Arrrrg what a great story with interesting possible consequences !

Edited by Jeremierty

1 minute ago, Still-young said:

I thought it was Nagash, rather than Sigmar, personally. 

I did at first but he basically mentions Nagash by name calling him "The Necromancer" so if that is who he meant he would have said that i imagine. Also the use of eternal to describe stormcast eternals seems about right. If he is working with Morathi she has just taken one of Sigamrs cities which might be part of their grander initiative/plan.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeremierty said:

I'm completely torn... As I read, I thought of Malerion (but not wanting to assassinate Sigmar I was thinking maybe destroying the forge or a key structure in azyr to prevent the Stormcasts from being reforged) but as I read your comments, vampires seems also likely to help introduce the soulblights narratively...

Arrrrg what a great story with interesting possible consequences !

Not going to lie, but I would derive a certain amount of satisfaction from the Stormcast Eternals becoming the Stormcast Temporaries.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

23 minutes ago, Televiper11 said:

Squatting the rules for the Rogue Idol, Troggoth Hag, and Dread Saurian would be a real blow for those armies. I’d hate to see it happen.

I think it would be more interesting if we would get GW-Modells instead for the forgeworld units. It would be more accessable and the chance that we would get some lore would be higher than with forgeworld. I would have added a Troggoth Hag or some Squig Gobbas already, if they were GW instead of Forgeworld.

• Like 1