The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, GeneralZero said:

I'm curious to see how thay will be assigned to Heros. Maybe all heros will be able to access all those commands abilities at anytime, but this make many heros useless and most super cheap heros powerful...

Which heroes do you think would become useless by these generic command abilities? 

10 minutes ago, PJetski said:

I think that has more to do with some of the Verminlords being undercosted (most notably the Warpseer)

Definitely, but if that’s the new normal then other things should hopefully come down to meet it, or the undercosted stuff will come up. Hopefully. 

7 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

1k meeting engagement pitched battles are previewed today. These look awesome and like a lot of thought's gone into them. :D 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/06/11/the-generals-handbook-2019-meeting-engagementsgw-homepage-post-2/

This was a really cool article.  I was already quite interested in a dedicated 1k play mode - but this looks really neat.  I like the idea of splitting up the force into a few "detachments" that are specifically used differently for the scenario.  That makes the game both somewhat thematic and also potentially very tactically interesting.  The size restrictions on units seems good also.  I hope there is also some restriction to prevent some of the more powerful/expensive heroes from being used in this game mode.

I was pretty excited for these rules already, but this teaser has made me more excited.

10 minutes ago, Beliman said:

A lot of things to digest. It seems really fun at least.

I think that it was focused first on "FAST" (&furious certainly). Tiny map. Tiny number of units arriving on 3 turns. That makes tha party super nervous and punchy.

Brainstorming is ON for this one! Like it.

• Like 2

These rules for Meeting Engagements are cool, but the whole idea to spread out deployment and bring units in gradually seems like a mechanic that would work better in 2000 point games than 1000 point.  I never feel overwhelmed with the amount of stuff on the table all at once in a 1k game, but with 2k games that can happen if you have lots of hordes to move or a ton of shooting to do.

I guess I just feel like 2k games would benefit more from this system (with unit limits increased a bit, of course).  I think it might also help mitigate the effects of one person getting a double turn since the units would be a bit more spread out and you'd have 2 or 3 "waves" of forces coming in.   It might spread things out a bit.  Maybe it's a dumb idea, but I think I'm gonna try this at a larger scale, because honestly it seems like the "waves" will be too small (like, 1 squad - 2 squad - 1 squad) for a lot of my armies at 1k.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kugane said:

Does this mean you can only take 2 units of clanrats per army for example? Or am I misreading it?

I think this type of play will stop the 1 turn games at least. It may be great for IDK as well

Yep, only 2 units of each Warscroll. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kugane said:

Does this mean you can only take 2 units of clanrats per army for example? Or am I misreading it?

I think this type of play will stop the 1 turn games at least. It may be great for IDK as well

Well I’m wondering how this system will work with armies that currently only have the option of 1battleline unit and next to the heroes nothing else like Eldritch council etc.

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Thiagoma said:
3 minutes ago, Kugane said:

With min sized unit in spear head. So, obviously no clanrat at turn one...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thiagoma said:

I see thank you!

Just now, Skreech Verminking said:

Well I’m wondering how this system will work with armies that currently only have the option of 1battleline unit and next to the heroes nothing else like Eldritch council

Indeed. Maybe they are changing stuff up and we wont need 3 battleline at 2k anymore.

Would open some room for armies with heavy battleline tax as well.

4 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Well I’m wondering how this system will work with armies that currently only have the option of 1battleline unit and next to the heroes nothing else like Eldritch council etc.

I just made my Eldtrich Council list!

Archmage/Drakeseer/Waywatcher (ally)

Swordmaster x10 Swordmaster x 20

Total 1k. 

I always wanted to field EC but didnt want to invest in extra Swordmasters in the case the unit gets removed from the game!

• Like 2

I hope the 1000 point game mode takes off. It seems interesting and it’s a good size for me (small enough I can do multiple armies without going bankrupt, but big enough that I can still include some bigger monsters and stuff which tend to be my favourite models). 

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 minutes ago, Still-young said:

I hope the 1000 point game mode takes off. It seems interesting and it’s a good size for me (small enough I can do multiple armies without going bankrupt, but big enough that I can still include some bigger monsters and stuff which tend to be my favourite models). 

Also it is A great format for people that like converting their armies 

Less work 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

...and in some battletomes, you are really quickly at 1000. Beastclaw are immediatly out of the game lol

funnily enough this has actually revitalised my desire to start a little, quick to paint (kind of), and I have to say fairly cheap, BCR army. 

1 Frostlord on Stonehorn/Thundertusk / 420
2 units of Mournfang / 320
1 Icebrow Hunter / 140
1 Icefall Yetis / 120 

1000pts. Job done.

Or even cheaper and possibly better on the table, lose the Yetis & kick the Frostlord down to a Huskard, and with the remaining points take the Necromancer and Skeleton mercenaries (assuming their points are roughly as they are now) and that means I'll also have a wizard and a unit with some bony bodies in there for claiming objectives, (if that's a thing in these games).

1 Huskard on Thundertusk / 340
2 units of Mournfang / 320
1 Icebrow Hunter / 140
1 Necromancer + 10 Skeletons / 190

990pts.

Either way it's only going to knock me back around £100 and it's done. Winner!

Edited by JPjr
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, madmac said:

Ironjawz aren't exactly festooned with double-edged blades either, though, and the attachment point is much closer to what various Ogor weapons have.

Mournfangs, Ironguts, and Tyrants all have weapons with those riveted wood pieces on the side, I don't recall a single Ironjawz weapon that does. Ironjawz weapons also tend to look more like great big hunks of steel, while Ogor weapons are typically a bit more restrained like this. Covered in teeth but otherwise usually not as outrageously proportioned.

Given the proportions of the weapon, I'd say this is some sort of Spear or Glaive, which leans a bit more towards Beastclaw than Gutbusters, but it doesn't rule them out.

Hmm I could see why you say that but it’s a lot about proportions and with such a close up it’s really hard to judge. I for one see that weapon way closer to Ironjawz or something slaves to darkness like. 

About the rivets and teeth. Take a look at the brutes big weapons, that looks quite close already (how the teeth are attached on the blades) 

but you’re right nothing is ruled out.  that was the point of my post. There is no 100% certainty with these kinds of thing.

Edited by Kramer

7 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

I think that would break the 1 ally rule tho.

I'm not sure about that. Companies are not "allies" even if they just take from the same pool of points.  

My main concern is:
"The Sons of the Lichemaster let you add a Necromancer plus some Zombies, Skeleton Warriors and a Corpse Cart to any army."

We don't know how the companies are build, but from the community post, it seems that we must take all the units from this company (so 4 units) unlike the Grugg Brothers (add ap to...) or The Blacksmoke Battery (Cannons or Organ gunns). Hope I'm wrong.

Edited by Beliman