The Rumour Thread

16 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Does anyone know if Krethusa has anything to do with CoS Lethis at all? Im brewing some raven themed Order thing.

Apparently not, considering Whitefang's sad face. I think she's just Daughters of Khaine, but in opposition to Morathi - where she could be entering the story seems confusing though

5 minutes ago, DoctorPerils said:

Honestly, there's a pretty decent chance imo - if the season's pattern is followed, the next box will be Order vs Chaos. Of the main chaos factions, all but 3 have had their warcry bands already. And of those three, Slaanesh and BoC don't seem to be in the spotlight ATM.

Now of course, the previous season's last boxset bucked the train of a god-chosen chaos warband vs X, so you'd be right to keep your hopes in check.

Personally, I'm going to hope for Eshin Skaven vs Kurnothi Sylvaneth - though I couldn't for the life of me predict the theme. Poison and Venom perhaps?

Skryre vs kurnothi would make more sense to me, nature fighting back against rampant industrialisation. Maybe engineers/acolytes and weapon teams/jezzails folded into a single unit

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Does anyone know if Krethusa has anything to do with CoS Lethis at all? Im brewing some raven themed Order thing.

She is not a real person, so you can modify her backstory however you see fit. If you want her to be related to Lethis, then by Sigmar, she will be related to Lethis!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

I am not saying it is not a good thing. I am subscribed, but the rumours say there would be a price increase because it is not selling well enough.

That makes no sense. If something's not selling, you drop the price. The reason it's not selling is probably because of the over production of Dominion. It's already pretty easy to get hold of Kruleboyz for a pretty low price. I fully expect 4th edition to have a much smaller production run. This in turn would make hachette much more appealing. 

1 minute ago, Luperci said:

Skryre vs kurnothi would make more sense to me, nature fighting back against rampant industrialisation. Maybe engineers/acolytes and weapon teams/jezzails folded into a single unit

That definitely would make sense (and might _force_ me to get it) - however, I think Eshin fits better with the warcry skirmish format, and the leak from a couple of days ago excluded Eshin from the main Skaven release, and I want to believe the monkey-rats will be replaced sooner than later

Just now, sandlemad said:

It’s good, nice to see Astreia get fleshed out with some personality and background. Knowing she is from Settler’s Gain and her father was a lensman under the Lumineth is interesting.

Wonder if she has the chance of being thunderstrike-ed come 4th ed

this new dok hero is the perfection,greek vibes and not over the top as usually is in aos.

the city box i am not fan,but if it cost around 40€(and not the rip off that was backtalon) i would get it to use in citys,a wh for my tow empire and a castellan for sc is usefull.

the lumineths im torn,the armored are great but the armorless are too much plain

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Twisted Firaun said:

@MitGas, @Neil Arthur Hotep, @Clan's Cynic, @KingBrodd forgive me....... but if those Lumineth are what we can expect of the river/water caste..... I might have to keep both war bands instead of just buying the night haunt one off of eBay. I agree with @Gitzdee that the Pyregheists are a bit generic for a warband of fallen priests/monks and tomb robbers, but I do love them and will be including them in my undead legions regardless (lorewise this is what happens to the liche priests who fail my Tomb King and his Dynasty).

The ones with visors and chest armor look alright but the others have to be the worst design in AoS I've seen so far, no usual Lumineth malice included, they just look reeeally off to me. Those suspenders/straps make them look like kids! But good if you like them, I'm happy for those that like them.

Collect even more Lumineth and I'm gonna call in the Tzeentchian council and we gotta decide what to do with ya though! 👺👺👺 You have been warned, we don't look kindly at those that split up their allegiance to our wonderful lord! 

The DoK character is really cool but there's nothing of interest to me personally - I wonder if GW overcommited to the Solar Auxilia though. Do 30k players want something other than mahreens? 

Edited by MitGas
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Marcvs said:

- we're around 240€ of just books to follow the narrative arc. that's a good chunk of an army (even without looking outside of GW systems)

I'm stopping with book four, and regret purchasing books 2 and 3.  In retrospect I should have only gotten book one (with the path to glory campaign rules) and four (with at least some stuff for factions I already play).  The overall narrative hasn't been terrible, at least compared to what we've had for the rest of 3e, but also very much isn't worth us$300, if not more.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sception said:

I'm stopping with book four, and regret purchasing books 2 and 3.  In retrospect I should have only gotten book one (with the path to glory campaign rules) and four (with at least some stuff for factions I already play).  The overall narrative hasn't been terrible, at least compared to what we've had for the rest of 3e, but also very much isn't worth us$300, if not more.

Yeah I only bought two books in the series, one and three but while I enjoy reading the narrative stuff they are just not worth the huge outlay of buying them all, and while the rules content is neat I'm not dumb enough to expect any of it to survive contact with 4E. You could buy half an AoS army for what it would cost to get all six books, and they're not easy to get discounted either, stock is pretty low with 3rd parties in my experience.

The thing is, I regretted not getting the broken realms books.  Big, important, setting-changing events happened in each of them that are still relevant now.  The Dawnbringers books really haven't been like that, though.

• Like 4

Just now, Sception said:

The thing is, I regretted not getting the broken realms books.  Big, important, setting-changing events happened in each of them that are still relevant now.  The Dawnbringers books really haven't been like that, though.

There's some really fantastic army shots in those as well. I've been constantly referring to the Teclis book for their pretty awesome Zaitrec showcases in there.

1 hour ago, Lord Kroak said:

She is not a real person, so you can modify her backstory however you see fit. If you want her to be related to Lethis, then by Sigmar, she will be related to Lethis!

I guess she can get away with being a raven priestess of Morrda and make a non-sigmarite CoS Lethis army. I can see this happening.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

HWG said the kroot were about half of what is coming for them.

I'm not a 40k person, but these could tempt me.

Yeah I keep thinking in my head if I got a Tau army and built it 50/50 between Tau and Kroot I could have them face off for smaller pick up games with friends or join forces for full 2000 point battles. Plus between Kroot and Commander Farsight all my favourite Tau are getting updated.  

So this new expanded Kroot range has me once again contemplating doing a conversion project to bring them into AoS or (maybe Old World).

Do Cities of Sigmar still have demigryth knights from the empire range, the Krootox rampages looks like they could be a count as for those, then convert the carnivores into ranged and melee infantry. Normal Kroox could be the new ogre with gunner on top, or perhaps the cannon.

We know from the new year shadow there is going be another mounted kroot thing, so maybe normal cavelary there.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Trokair said:

So this new expanded Kroot range has me once again contemplating doing a conversion project to bring them into AoS or (maybe Old World).

Do Cities of Sigmar still have demigryth knights from the empire range, the Krootox rampages looks like they could be a count as for those, then convert the carnivores into ranged and melee infantry. Normal Kroox could be the new ogre with gunner on top, or perhaps the cannon.

We know from the new year shadow there is going be another mounted kroot thing, so maybe normal cavelary there.

If I recall correctly, Cities just lost their monstrous calvary; I would anticipate them getting a new kit for that in their next wave, though!

Anyone more familiar with the Callis and Toll series can you let me know is Lyssa Revenya a regular human or is she an Aelf? The fact that the model has her hood covering her ears and my desire to see more integration in Cities has me hopeful but doubtful.  

Edited by Neverchosen

43 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

I guess she can get away with being a raven priestess of Morrda and make a non-sigmarite CoS Lethis army. I can see this happening.

and dark rider/doomfire warlock is a strange (unique?) double kit cross army CoS/DoK

• Like 2