The Rumour Thread

7 hours ago, petitionercity said:

Here are the GB prices

Screenshot_20240101-014233.png.118f0f4b227567acb329e60cddea9364.png

This is from the "Asia Export Order Form 01.01.2024", on Rest of the World options on tne retailer resources site.

The most egregious part of that list are the dice costing £26. 

I know they've been combo raising the price and shrinkflationing their dice for a few years now, but that's a crazy price, even if they are an optional accessory. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Taerg Ad Ywons said:

Do we have AUD prices? I'm curiously optimistic about pricing, and the starter boxes look here to stay, which is a relief.

I am looking for the EUR ones as well but I cannot find a single prices sheet on that page 😅

35 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I know they've been combo raising the price and shrinkflationing their dice for a few years now, but that's a crazy price, even if they are an optional accessory. 

That's madness on a whole new scale. Last time I checked you could get custom-made dice for less. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I’m going to assume that the dice sets include the spells and magic item cards with them. They’re nowhere to be seen elsewhere and, as you say, without them the price would be egregious. 

16 minutes ago, Bolfrig Bearhide said:

I’m going to assume that the dice sets include the spells and magic item cards with them. They’re nowhere to be seen elsewhere and, as you say, without them the price would be egregious. 

If that's the case it is not that bad deal. Would be nice for AoS to get that kind of bundle. Simply ace.

Edited by Ejecutor

Store Anniversary Fyreslayer Runesmiter! Hopefully a sign that more is to come for them in 2024.

FzIhJgn2HJoRdD2r.jpg

I know 'another Fyreslayer Foot Hero' is a running joke now, but at least he's an improvement on the existing, admittedly kind of awkwardly posed, Runesmiter who comes with the Magmadroth. 

And a Tau Ethereal, if you're into that.

CdGQZLzGynqZEPV6.jpg

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 11

6 hours ago, Cataphract said:

I would argue that the Twinsouls are the Chosen and the Paingivers are the Warriors.

99120201101_HoSSymbareshTwinsoulsLead.jp

Oh, I don't agree with the graphic I've posted in all regards, I just wanted to whine about having no cool armored mortal Tzeentch unit and quote Morty Smith! 

Edited by MitGas

30 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Store Anniversary Fyreslayer Runesmiter! Hopefully a sign that more is to come for them in 2024.

FzIhJgn2HJoRdD2r.jpg

I know 'another Fyreslayer Foot Hero' is a running joke now, but at least he's an improvement on the existing, admittedly kind of awkwardly posed, Runesmiter who comes with the Magmadroth. 

And a Tau Ethereal, if you're into that.

CdGQZLzGynqZEPV6.jpg

And a few RE engines solved!

The Tau one has at least two. The sword and the pot.

• Like 1

Perhaps the Fyreslayer anniversary model is a hint that they'll be getting some sort of sizeable release sometime within the year much like how the the previous anniversary model was a ghoul king that was eventually followed by the FEC release.

That and there's a correlation between the ethereal and the new Kroot/Tau wave happening in the near future, could be that going forward the anniversary models might be hints towards upcoming faction release waves. 

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 5

2 minutes ago, SilentSentinel said:

Perhaps the Fyreslayer anniversary model is a hint that they'll be getting some sort of sizeable release sometime within the year much like how the the previous anniversary model was a ghoul king that was eventually followed by the FEC release.

That and there's a correlation between the ethereal and the new Kroot/Tau wave happening in the near future, could be that going forward the anniversary models might be hints towards upcoming faction release waves. 

The Ghoul King wasn't an anniversary model, it was iirc a new year's limited edition.

The 2023 anniversary models were a Votann and a Kharadron.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, SilentSentinel said:

KO only receiving the Codewright last year despite being the AoS Anniversary model admittedly doesn't fill me with optimism, but then again, there was the Boxing Day Ghoul King.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

KO only receiving the Codewright last year despite being the AoS Anniversary model admittedly doesn't fill me with optimism, but then again, there was the Boxing Day Ghoul King.

Votann didn't receive anything but there are rumours of a bigger second wave with their codex so it doesn't necessarily need to be the same year.

• Thanks 1

That Fyreslayer is a vast improvement over the old runesmiter. It looks like GW have finally got the Fyreslayer aesthetic down. I’d love to see a full resculpt of the range with this new look. 

• Like 15
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 minute ago, Still-young said:

Did a bunch of stuff go Online Only with the new site, or was it before that? I was just having a Quick Look at the LRL models and considering they’re a pretty new range, a lot of their models are online only. 

I don't know if more went online only after the new site but LRL already had quite a lot limited to on there bevor

Fyreslayer mini is nice. Not "blow me out of the water" amazing, but a step up compared to the original range and hopefully a sign of things to come for the faction. I really do hope they get a decent sized second wave, and that this causes more people to pick them up as an army. They deserve the love.

• Like 7