The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, RyantheFett said:

And yet AoS is 10x better than 40k when it comes to giving love to all the factions. Like even the other human factions are treated as an afterthought most of the time.

10ed seems to have gotten a bit better by copying the AoS approach of every faction at least gets one thing when their book comes out.

Very true, thankfully, but I'd love to see all other factions getting properly "established" before SCE get the next big wave. The problem is definitely not on SM levels but it would be so cool to have all major factions have a nice selection of cool stuff before they redo one. SCE already have too many units for their own good, I hope the next update will at least sharpen their roster and once the SCE are done they'll ****** off with them for a long time (as nice as recent releases for them have been) and focus on the factions that got next to nothing finally. I'm far from a SCE hater, even if my post suggests it,I just wanna see the missing factions get stuff. I feel bad for those players at this point. It's been many years and they got almost nothing.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, MitGas said:

I hope the next update will at least sharpen their roster and once the SCE are done they'll ****** off with them for a long time (as nice as recent releases for them have been) and focus on the factions that got next to nothing finally.

this has happened in every edition so far, so no reason to think it won't continue.

personally i'm hoping for all Redeemer units to be one warscroll, with liberator/sequitor/etc a loadout not a separate unit. Paladins are absolutely begging for it... only hiccup there is annihilators are 3s and everyone else is 5s. sigh.

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Very true, thankfully, but I'd love to see all other factions getting properly "established" before SCE get the next big wave. The problem is definitely not on SM levels but it would be so cool to have all major factions have a nice selection of cool stuff before they redo one. SCE already have too many units for their own good, I hope the next update will at least sharpen their roster and once the SCE are done they'll ****** off with them for a long time (as nice as recent releases for them have been) and focus on the factions that got next to nothing finally. I'm far from a SCE hater, even if my post suggests it,I just wanna see the missing factions get stuff. I feel bad for those players at this point. It's been many years and they got almost nothing.

My favorite interaction was when I told a friend I am using these Vigilors as Judicators and Liberators as Sequitors. He had a blank expression, said he had no idea what I was talking about, and how they all looked the same.

It was at that point that I felt that SCE have way too much stuff that should be combined, other factions should get some more love,............................... and to proxy a lot more lol!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, RyantheFett said:

My favorite interaction was when I told a friend I am using these Vigilors as Judicators and Liberators as Sequitors. He had a blank expression, said he had no idea what I was talking about, and how they all looked the same.

It was at that point that I felt that SCE have way too much stuff that should be combined, other factions should get some more love,............................... and to proxy a lot more lol!

Yea I think we're hitting the point we're sce might have more choices than any of the non order alliances combined

1 hour ago, flying_dutchman said:

Yea I think we're hitting the point we're sce might have more choices than any of the non order alliances combined

Stormcast certainly have a lot of units but we're nowhere near that. The Stormcast book only has about 10 more warscrolls than the Slaves to Darkness book. The next edition would need to add 40 or 50 warscrolls for Stormcast to pass the smallest grand alliance. Also that gap is growing not shrinking. This edition Death has got the fewest new warscrolls but they still got more than the Stormcast. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

Stormcast certainly have a lot of units but we're nowhere near that. The Stormcast book only has about 10 more warscrolls than the Slaves to Darkness book. The next edition would need to add 40 or 50 warscrolls for Stormcast to pass the smallest grand alliance. Also that gap is growing not shrinking. This edition Death has got the fewest new warscrolls but they still got more than the Stormcast. 

Hitting was a strong word.  I should have said nearing.

9 hours ago, Luperci said:

I definitely think KO will get a release wave in 4th with gholems

Haha, do you mean Gholems or Gholemkind? Because there is a (literally) huge difference.

Gholems: giant Titan-like mechs that are too massive to be carried by airship so operate in the Skyports.

Gholemkind: a race of apparently mineral people that worship Grungni and ally with Kharadron but are willing to sell their services to humans.

image.jpeg.ce31f1d0304286d3e796292d02b1c559.jpeg
image.jpeg.d13cbf3e207e560461021df8ae6b34fb.jpeg
image.jpeg.62f13d7e1b18fdd5c7f4f91d5b5f8711.jpeg

Of the two I see Gholemkind much more likely as a Kharadron sub-faction to give them heavy duty elite melee & ranged options if not go pure “Trogg herd” with a stonecold Gholemkind commander at the helm.

Gholems seem to outrageous for now until something justifies them(like a big 5th or 6th edition escalation of chaos duardin trying to pull the sky-ports down and the Gholems able to jump off and counter-attack their armored siege gargants)

Near future-wise I’d expect the Cogmunculus first:

image.jpeg.c8c10858e4d54eb4fd6233bd1eed6b8c.jpeg

Would be perfect for a near-invulnerable(2+ Save) melee & mid-range shooter unit to bolster Kharadron combat at the cost they guzzle Command Points(which fits the new KO focus) which are required to “program” them just to carry out simple battle instructions like charging, piling in, using line of sight, etc. (plus Endrinriggers can repair them too)

5 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

Paladins are absolutely begging for it... only hiccup there is annihilators are 3s and everyone else is 5s. sigh.

I’m willing to argue Annihilators & Retributors can remain seperate. Retributors prove themselves to become Annihilators so it works they’re a little less elite until they get reforged enough to become the meteoric paladins.

just give a new “retribution soul-maces” load out plus the glaives & great axes since the Annihilators are the new hammer bros.

I have similar feelings for packing all Redeemers together But keeping Vanquishers separate as they can flesh them out instead with their cool lore having “Dojos” that mirror Custodes “Katas” in sword tactics they can specialize in before battle(anti-horde standard, crippling strikes to weaken large targets, future sight Wards and debuffing enemy To-Hits).

And for a bit of flavor since after a Vanquisher bonds with their celestial greatsword they take it with them even if they change chambers they can align with any sword-using hero Stormcasts to all attack one after the other on the same target ala Lumineth Lightning Reflexes(which should be ours by lightning right 😄️)

• Like 8

6 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

personally i'm hoping for all Redeemer units to be one warscroll, with liberator/sequitor/etc a loadout not a separate unit. Paladins are absolutely begging for it... only hiccup there is annihilators are 3s and everyone else is 5s. sigh.

I agree with this (and we could easily see Paladins boosted and going to units of 3) but the real trimming should happen in the Leaders section

• Like 1

The Thrund Armoury Gholem Aether Rig (to give it its full name) isn't Titan sized. In Soulbound's rules it changes your size to Large, and the units given as examples of that size category are Dankhold Troggoths, Kurnoth Hunters, Gryph-chargers, and Rat Ogors. 

And the Cogmonculus already existed on tabletop, it was an artifact of power Endrinmasters on foot could use in their 1E and 2E books. Because they're not supposed to be combat units, they're supposed to be little robot assistants who mantain your equipment. 

Edited by BarakUrbaz
  • Like 3

Imo SC range is so bast that it can be counterproductive. I joined with the Mortal Realms issues and wanted to collect Stormcast. I got a fairly decent roster in sprues (as I was moving house twice in little short time), but then they launched third ed with a ton more SE. So I ended selling my 14k points and bougght the new cities roster, which I prefer also aesthetichs/ theming wise.

10 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Imo SC range is so bast that it can be counterproductive. I joined with the Mortal Realms issues and wanted to collect Stormcast. I got a fairly decent roster in sprues (as I was moving house twice in little short time), but then they launched third ed with a ton more SE. So I ended selling my 14k points and bougght the new cities roster, which I prefer also aesthetichs/ theming wise.

Agreed, I hope come 5th edition a different order army gets into the starter set rather than just continuing to expand the SCE range for the sake of it

I have no problems with SCE being the "Poster boys" for AoS. I think there is still a vast amount of creative space that can be explored through them and it makes a lot of sense from a marketing and game development standpoint. They are incredibly friendly and forgiving as a modelling project for new and young players (something that people wishing for other factions to appear in STARTER boxes over-look)

• Like 13

9 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

Haha, do you mean Gholems or Gholemkind? Because there is a (literally) huge difference.

Gholems: giant Titan-like mechs that are too massive to be carried by airship so operate in the Skyports.

Gholemkind: a race of apparently mineral people that worship Grungni and ally with Kharadron but are willing to sell their services to humans.

image.jpeg.ce31f1d0304286d3e796292d02b1c559.jpeg
image.jpeg.d13cbf3e207e560461021df8ae6b34fb.jpeg
image.jpeg.62f13d7e1b18fdd5c7f4f91d5b5f8711.jpeg

Of the two I see Gholemkind much more likely as a Kharadron sub-faction to give them heavy duty elite melee & ranged options if not go pure “Trogg herd” with a stonecold Gholemkind commander at the helm.

Gholems seem to outrageous for now until something justifies them(like a big 5th or 6th edition escalation of chaos duardin trying to pull the sky-ports down and the Gholems able to jump off and counter-attack their armored siege gargants)

Near future-wise I’d expect the Cogmunculus first:

image.jpeg.c8c10858e4d54eb4fd6233bd1eed6b8c.jpeg

Would be perfect for a near-invulnerable(2+ Save) melee & mid-range shooter unit to bolster Kharadron combat at the cost they guzzle Command Points(which fits the new KO focus) which are required to “program” them just to carry out simple battle instructions like charging, piling in, using line of sight, etc. (plus Endrinriggers can repair them too)

I’m willing to argue Annihilators & Retributors can remain seperate. Retributors prove themselves to become Annihilators so it works they’re a little less elite until they get reforged enough to become the meteoric paladins.

just give a new “retribution soul-maces” load out plus the glaives & great axes since the Annihilators are the new hammer bros.

I have similar feelings for packing all Redeemers together But keeping Vanquishers separate as they can flesh them out instead with their cool lore having “Dojos” that mirror Custodes “Katas” in sword tactics they can specialize in before battle(anti-horde standard, crippling strikes to weaken large targets, future sight Wards and debuffing enemy To-Hits).

And for a bit of flavor since after a Vanquisher bonds with their celestial greatsword they take it with them even if they change chambers they can align with any sword-using hero Stormcasts to all attack one after the other on the same target ala Lumineth Lightning Reflexes(which should be ours by lightning right 😄️)

So, who would be ally with Slaanesh, Tzeentch...

9 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

That's exactly what I expect. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Hollow said:

I have no problems with SCE being the "Poster boys" for AoS. I think there is still a vast amount of creative space that can be explored through them and it makes a lot of sense from a marketing and game development standpoint.

Creative space? Maybe. Can the dictionary handle this? Unlikely.

Tinker, Tailor,

Judicator,

Liberator,

Castigator,

Decimator,

Fulminator,

Desolator,

Evocator,

Prosecutors,

Retributors,

Storm-

drake

Guards!

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, madmac said:

I'm gonna say new Flagellants.

I feel the same way.

It can be linked to the flaming skeleton I think and also with the wood and metal piece posted by Baron Klatz. I don't think it's kruelboyz. There's a diamond-shaped piece of metal and it's a typical COS geometric shape.

• Like 2