The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

They are gonna redo all the Primarchs

Not sure if redo is the word to describe the new primarch models. From what they said  (warcom), it's more about primarchs in their "peak". Horus Ascended seems to be a good indication, and we already had his rules in the book.  Same with the Khan on their custom bike and Lorgar Trascended. We even had post-Istvan Corax rules too in our Last Edition.

IMO, another Dorn after taking Terras defense pre-Siege could be possible but a bit boring compared to other big boys.

Edited by Beliman

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I am so hyped for this Preview. New Ironjawz and Troggoth!? Potential Ogor Warcry Warband?!

Alas we have Space Marines in this Preview, cant wait for AOS as a whole to get 15 minutes while they harp on about a new single Primaris unit for 20.

Honestly with it being likely that we're getting new Assault Squads, Vanguard Veterans and Terminators, plus a rumoured Command Squad, as part of the Marine release there probably won't be too much to delve into Marine wise. "Here's new kit, it has a bunch of options, look how good it looks, move onto the next one"

16 hours ago, CDM said:

What's everyone thoughts for the preview. We've got FEC and Ironjawz incoming . 40k will bespace marines I bet ( I don't mind the release of the poster boys for a new edition but I  can't be doing with the host gushing over them and the wet knickers. Didn't want it taking up 50% of the overall time!) But what else is there. What did the Warcry and underworlds timelines hint at?

I don't know why but I feel this preview as a particularly big one.

My bets:

• Full Space Marine range. Admech and Necron unit to be released with their codex, and updated timeline.

AoS

• Ironjawz reveals, Troggoth, some FEC (at least the leaked sprue), Dawnbringers 2 and its heroes (if we have something else appart from IJ), and updated timeline.

Underworlds

• A big box. Order vs Something, so maybe we get a CoS surprise? But I don't see it too feasible, so I would go with Silvaneth vs Nurgle.

Warcry

• Did someone say Ogor?

Old World

• Leaked Bretonnian Pegasus and a few more kits, not many. 4-5 in total plus the announcement of the launch date, according to rumors.

Blood Bowl

• Vampires team.
Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 7

Alright, betting time. Remember to always bet against me, because my track record has been atrocious recently.

• 40k - Space Marines, duh. Probably enough new stuff they won't show anything else except maybe the codex roadmap.

• AoS - Ironjawz obviously. Since Elarin said September for Dawnbringers II I don't really see them not showing everything, although it's possible they might save the odd model for a last minute New Model Monday or something. I'm 50:50 if we'll see the leaked Ghouls or not, but GW don't seem as quick to un-PotatoCam sprue leaks and there's presumably A LOT to reveal, so I'm erring on not.

• Horus Heresy - Lorgar Transfigured, MKIII and maybe the Deredeo.

• Warcry - Kurnothi seem to be the bookies favourite, so I won't bet against it. I'm always going to say 'Ogor warband' because if I predict it for long enough it'll eventually come true (it won't).

• Underworlds - Educated guess is something CoS based off how much 'human explorer' art we've seen of them in UW recently, but realistically it'll be another Witch Elves team. In all seriousness, maybe a new Ironjawz team since the last two were based off the Black Orc models?

• Old World - Probably the plastic Pegasus Paladin and a Tomb Kings equivalent. 

• Blood World - Vampires, since we had that Rumour Engine a while back which aligned perfectly to the old models. It sure as hell won't be Chaos Dwarfs.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Lord Panther said:

Always good to do a browse of the unsolved Rumour Engines before a reveal. Thankfully Warboss Kurgan does all the hard work for us: https://warbosskurgan.blogspot.com/p/rumour-engines.html

Apparently the oldest unsolved one is from 2021:

image.png.73939641d9376ae431b666b5f4180d9a.png

Almost has to be a Hero + Codex for Necrons.

The oldest unsolved AoS looking one is the one im really looking forward to (for a while). Really wonder whats up with this one. Its haunting me from 2022-09-13 till now.

2022-09-13.jpg

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Lord Panther said:

Always good to do a browse of the unsolved Rumour Engines before a reveal. Thankfully Warboss Kurgan does all the hard work for us: https://warbosskurgan.blogspot.com/p/rumour-engines.html

Apparently the oldest unsolved one is from 2021:

image.png.73939641d9376ae431b666b5f4180d9a.png

I'm going to bet this will turn out to be a commemorative/limited edition Necron model of some kind.

11 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

2022-09-13.jpg

This guy is really weird, though. I thought @Whitefang more or less confirmed it to be another upcoming Incarnate. I really wonder what happened with Incarnates in general. Almost seems like they abandoned that idea mid-way.

19 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:
  • Blood World - Vampires, since we had that Rumour Engine a while back which aligned perfectly to the old models. It sure as hell won't be Chaos Dwarfs.

wasn't that rumour the one that ended being one of the Claws of Karnak minis? 

image.png.7c542cf34800e9a74da1feca3ab8633e.png

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I'm going to bet this will turn out to be a commemorative/limited edition Necron model of some kind.

According to Valrak the Necron character will be

Spoiler

Imotekh the Stormlord and while he has a staff it looks different than the one in the rumour engine so might be part of a limited model? On the other hand Necrons got a lot of special miniatures during the last few years

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

This guy is really weird, though. I thought @Whitefang more or less confirmed it to be another upcoming Incarnate. I really wonder what happened with Incarnates in general. Almost seems like they abandoned that idea mid-way.

Portal Troggoth

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Yeah i found a comment on it. We left Gallet a while ago right? Seems like something happened.

On 10/20/2022 at 8:57 PM, Whitefang said:

Spider incarnate is connected to gallet

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Alright, betting time. Remember to always bet against me, because my track record has been atrocious recently.

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I'm always going to say 'Ogor warband' because if I predict it for long enough it'll eventually come true (it won't).

Maybe perhaps you should therefore be predicting that there definitely will not be an Ogor warband.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gitzdee said:

Yeah i found a comment on it. We left Gallet a while ago right? Seems like something happened.

I wonder if the Thondia box sold that badly. I have recently picked up most of the terrain from it separately (apart from the out-of-scale dino skeleton), and it's actually all really nice. But the box itself always felt a bit too expensive to justify, and I had no real interest in running the Incarnate because it felt weirdly pay-to-win for casual games. Which is a bad feeling for a thing from a narrative box to evoke.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I wonder if the Thondia box sold that badly. I have recently picked up most of the terrain from it separately (apart from the out-of-scale dino skeleton), and it's actually all really nice. But the box itself always felt a bit too expensive to justify, and I had no real interest in running the Incarnate because it felt weirdly pay-to-win for casual games. Which is a bad feeling for a thing from a narrative box to evoke.

the terrain of that box was/is pretty but it was also not very well designed for the game: not blocking line of sight, not offering platforms or flat areas to put models on them etc.

The Incarnate thing remains an interesting mystery though, the spider Incarnate was a pretty persistent rumour (just as the general idea that we would be getting more incarnates). Victim of production problems? Or maybe was it produced in China like some of the terrain and somehow cost increased due to shipping/customs problems?

The first incarnate also had the issue of trying to be a model that could slot into any faction, (making for a fairly uninspiring design, imo) I've mostly only really seen it in competitive lists, where its strong rules make it valuable in some circumstances, but anecdotally it didn't really seem like a piece that was very inspiring for either more casual play or from a collection standpoint.  I might even speculate that very narrative focused players would be more likely to come up with a conversion/proxy piece that matches their collection than use the actual model, though that's just guesswork.

I'm not sure any of that, even if true, would necessarily impact GWs approach to incarnates in general, but who knows?

5 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

I might even speculate that very narrative focused players would be more likely to come up with a conversion/proxy piece that matches their collection than use the actual model, though that's just guesswork.

I don't think that's speculation particularly, I seem to remember lots of people at the time talking about what they were using or would be using as proxies.

1 minute ago, EntMan said:

I don't think that's speculation particularly, I seem to remember lots of people at the time talking about what they were using or would be using as proxies.

and at the other end of the spectrum, competitive players didn't want to pay for a box full of terrain to get the model and went for 3d printed alternatives (90% of the incarnates I have seen in a tournament really), helped by the fact that there was a pre-existing model from (if memory serves) Artisan Guild which was very similar. Once the separate box came out, everybody who wanted to use it already had it basically.

29 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

The first incarnate also had the issue of trying to be a model that could slot into any faction, (making for a fairly uninspiring design, imo) I've mostly only really seen it in competitive lists, where its strong rules make it valuable in some circumstances, but anecdotally it didn't really seem like a piece that was very inspiring for either more casual play or from a collection standpoint.  I might even speculate that very narrative focused players would be more likely to come up with a conversion/proxy piece that matches their collection than use the actual model, though that's just guesswork.

I'm not sure any of that, even if true, would necessarily impact GWs approach to incarnates in general, but who knows?

incarnate of ghur looks pretty good with bonesplitterz I think? Although it probably looks fine with heavily ghur themed armies.

4 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

incarnate of ghur looks pretty good with bonesplitterz I think? Although it probably looks fine with heavily ghur themed armies.

I probably would have enjoyed it way more if it was actually designed for Bonesplitterz and had proper rules to fit that army

• Thanks 1