The Rumour Thread

42 minutes ago, Elarin said:

It's not up to me, but I hope I will be able to tell a little bit more at the very beginning of the week - I would love to share the excitement 😁 However, it won't be a lot - just slightly more about the coming Orruks. I have no info regarding any other factions/releases

Youre an absolute legend mate and have already done more than enough!!

Dont go into too much detail if you believe youre source will get into trouble, the info you have shared already has greased the hype wheels.

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

What the hell happened to those sprues that they ended up at a car boot sale for £1 

Yeah that's a dodgy story. These are probably stolen. Also with everyone having a good phone in their pocket why are leaks always so blurry?

2 hours ago, Bog_Goblin said:

From Reddit, apparently sprues off a new FEC unit and a Bretonnian Pegasus character. Allegedly from a car boot sale. 

IMG_7966.webp

IMG_7965.jpeg 

Dang! A new plastic sculpt for ToW. I wonder if it is part of the launch box?

If the other spur is ghouls, they are very different from the old Vampire Courts era ghouls. I see halberds, nice looking swords and a standard. Could be an elite unit rather than battle line ghoul replacement. Guess we will find out in 6 months or so. Or sooner if stuff keeps falling off the back of a truck.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Wraith said:

If the other spur is ghouls, they are very different from the old Vampire Courts era ghouls. I see halberds, nice looking swords and a standard. Could be an elite unit rather than battle line ghoul replacement. Guess we will find out in 6 months or so. Or sooner if stuff keeps falling off the back of a truck.

It seems to be ghouls with an option for two-handed weapons or single handed swords. Not sure if they will replace the current kit and warscroll or if they will be a new, different unit.

7 minutes ago, Grunbag said:

Ok thanks for the clarification. So it’s 5 orruk boxes not 5 ironjawz right ?

iirc even the leaker isn't 100% sure but they all supposedly seem to be ironjawz just in how the names sound.

Edited by bethebee
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Grunbag said:

Just asking so maybe the monsta killaz count in the 5 boxes 

They definitely don't count. It seems like the source has a release list. It would have listed warcry separately.  I expect the two warcry warbands we have seen to launch alongside each and not with the AoS releases for the two factions. As far as I'm aware gw have never done a combined release of warcry and AoS together. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, sandlemad said:

That’s not a brute on top though, that’s a boss or nob of some sort. Everything about the dudes on the sides - armour, pose, weapons, scaling - is almost identical to the brutes kit, with the exception of having full-face helms. They’re quite distinct from the existing ardboys and hardly different at all from the existing brutes.

Brute boss is same size of a brute. Only megaboss on foot is bigger than a brute/brute boss. I am pretty sure those orruks on the side of maw gruntas are the new ard boyz . 

JEVNpHf.jpeg

Edited by cyrus

24 minutes ago, Elarin said:

They don't 

Thanks! People can not believe ironjawz/orruks can receive 5 distinct brand new kits. I hope there is also a Wurrgog/Wardokk double kit in it.

WAAAAAAGH !!!!!

Edited by cyrus
  • Like 1

I received a very similar information from another source so I can confirm some things:

Cities of Sigmar army set and Seraphon Vanguard release date: September 2nd

Later in September for Orruks:

Tuskboss on Maw-Grunta - centrepiece kit for this release

Zoggrok Anvilsmasha - Megaboss or Megaboss-sized model on foot

New Ardboyz

Ardboy Big Boss

Weirdbrute Wrekkaz

Gloomspite Gitz:

Rabble-Rowza separate release

Trugg's Great Troggherd - similar box to the recent Dawnbringers boxes with a mix of new and old models

Edited by Elarin
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 6
  • LOVE IT! 8

38 minutes ago, Elarin said:

I received a very similar information from another source so I can confirm some things:

Cities of Sigmar army set and Seraphon Vanguard release date: September 2nd

Later in September for Orruks:

Tuskboss on Maw-Grunta - centrepiece kit for this release

Zoggrok Anvilsmasha - Megaboss or Megaboss-sized model on foot

New Ardboyz

Ardboy Big Boss

Weirdbrute Wrekkaz

Gloomspite Gitz:

Rabble-Rowza separate release

Trugg's Great Troggherd - similar box to the recent Dawnbringers boxes with a mix of new and old models

Weirdbrute Wrekkaz????

Sounds like a shaman unit, maybe Warcry? Bonesplitter Brutes???

Love a named megaboss too, and finally new ardboyz!

Hype!

• LOVE IT! 1

11 hours ago, Baz said:

I'm thinking book 3 will be more order themed so fyreslayers for the crusade in Aqshy and hopefully kurnothi to feature in the Ghyran crusade. Maybe the final dawnbringers book will be death themed to coincide with the flesh eaters battletome. 

I am no fully sure if many factions would appear recurrently on the books, appart of the most important ones in the narrative. And I don't think Fireslayers is one of those important ones this time, hence why they were covered in the "intro" book.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bog_Goblin said:

From Reddit, apparently sprues off a new FEC unit and a Bretonnian Pegasus character. Allegedly from a car boot sale. 

IMG_7966.webp

IMG_7965.jpeg 

Nice to see Old World plastics (why not show these off first instead of resin?). Gives me hope for Tomb King kits.

And nice to see more armoured ghouls. Hoping they have some "knightly helmet options". Or not. I don't want another army to collect...

• Like 3