The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Bonesplitterz stay, but instead of naked Orcs they become bone and leather wearing skirmishers. "Naked" Orcs are transferred to new Chorf "Laborers" unit. Both factions become playable in TOW and AOS.

By "leather wearing skirmishers", you mean of the "barbarian" kind, not the Slaaneshi kind, right ? Right ? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

become bone and leather wearing skirmishers.

Feels pretty close to Kruleboyz. 

There's some unresolved lore/conflict with Kruleboyz that I'm hoping gets expanded upon. 

"The War of the Broken Promise" Iirc.

There's only a brief mention but needs more. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

By "leather wearing skirmishers", you mean of the "barbarian" kind, not the Slaaneshi kind, right ? Right ? 

I mean I want to see an army of Conan The Barbarian/Spear from Primal Football/Soccer Hooligans that doesn't involve an eight pointed star on the tabletop. 

6 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Feels pretty close to Kruleboyz. 

There's some unresolved lore/conflict with Kruleboyz that I'm hoping gets expanded upon. 

"The War of the Broken Promise" Iirc.

There's only a brief mention but needs more. 

I feel like "The War of The Broken Promise" is the AOS equivalent of "The War of Vengeance/The Beard" but with Chorfs and Kruleboyz instead of elves and dwarfs. We know that the two factions "work" together via hobgrot proxies, and that both are actually cheating the other out of the "good stuff," but I want to know why this is the case.

28 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Naked orruks need to just go. Controversial, I know but they do. 

ToW is out soon and the line just needs to go back to its home. 

This opens up more design space for Ironjawz and Kruleboyz. 

You had a good run but time to go. 

I guess you know where I stand on this. AoSified naked orruks would be the coolest orruks ever. Then Ironjawz and that is all the orruks we need. Swamp Fimir can have their own book. Or not.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Beliman said:

Not sure where they come from, but new rumors:

Lore of Primal Frost:

• Hoarfrost
  • Cutting Air: CV7, Wholly within 18", Add D6+6 extra range to missile weapons  or +1 atk to missile weapons.
  • Ice Capsule: CV6, caster cannot move but gain +1save and Ward4+
  • Primal Blizzard: CV8, 1D6 visible units take 1D3mw each and 1/2 of their movement.

Primal Magic: Extra dice in casting, unbinding or dispelling, but 1D3mw and the action fail on a double.

Cutting Air and Primal Blizzard are hugely problematic. Strong shooting is always a pain point, but a spell that buffs them isn't wholly inappropriate. The big problem is the range increase. Cutting air could be a huge buff for kruleboyz if their magic wasn't so terrible.
More aoe mortals across d6 units and having their move is just hugely impactful.

57 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Bonesplitterz are great, they just need better rules and a small range expansion. The narrative of permanently hyped up hunter orruks constantly seeking the thrill of the hunt and the strongest beasts they can find to release the energy of their god is super cool.
Small model range with poor diversity, and boring rules really hold them back. They should be a proper johnny/timmy army, like Gitz or BoC, and the rules should make it feel like hunting. Tireless trackers for a pregame move is cool, but they need more to fulfil the fantasy proper. Stuff like flanking bonuses, forcing charges & retreats, tiring out enemy units, retreat and charge, etc.
An army of hunters is a super good concept that you can work a lot of narrative flavor into, they just need to put the effort in.

Several new kits could really revitalize the range too, Bonesplitter Brutes who can use big stabbas or greatbows, a proper centerpiece (maybe a shaman channeling a ton of energy into a monstrous skeleton, krondspine style),  a gobbapalooza style cohort of characters, and/or an archer/hunter boss would go a long way.

21 minutes ago, novakai said:

A different set of spells?

IMG_0795.jpeg.8db300b3868532030a37f13d5c4fc4c1.jpeg

This set of spells is less problematic, but this would make 5 spells, which is strange (but not unheard of). Frozen heart is a bit too much imo.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

I thought the same but this warband changed my mind. Pretty cool. I would expand on shaman/vodoo theme.

MXZ5aSK1sAWbIbKL.png

• Like 10
  • LOVE IT! 1

22 hours ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Tbf SCE don't get even half the attention Space Marines get. Only reason to compare Marines to Stormcasts is because they're heavily armored "good guys" that make it in every starter set. 

The SCE range is nowhere near as big as the Marines'... And we are not getting banged on the head over and over again with SCE releases every year unlike what Space Marines get. Yeah Stormcasts get a big wave every beginning of edition but that's pretty much it. Apart from random heroes here and there. SM get multiple kits per year. 

And tbf I would like to see new SCE kits. Particularly remakes of the 1st Ed ones with better proportions (no more short thighs and squatting legs), more poses and more head variety. 

Yes, they're not like Space Marines. Except in all the ways you just listed. Which is what people were complaining about.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, darkdark25 said:

On the topic of Bonesplitterz, wereboars is all we need

WEREBOARS WOULD MAKE ME COLLECT THE FACTION SO FAST I WOULD DO A WHOLE ARMY OF PIGS AND PIG MEN OH OH OH AM I BUYING A MAW GRUNTA NOW? OH WAIT WHAT YES I AM.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

Love all the support for bonesplitterz, they really need it. I would love to see them lean more into the spiritual side of the orruks instead of more armour though. More magic, more spirits,  some exclusive incarnates.

(Spiderfang needs some love too)

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Aeryenn said:

If you put it that way it doesn't seem that bad. 

I heard a rumour that SM Rhino outsold all Wood Elves. It's

iirc, one of the first primaris vehicles was essentially a more heavily-armed rhino, so yeah, i could believe that... especially with the og boxy rhinos being conversion fodder

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beliman said:

Let me tell you about a game called Malifaux...

81vKZS76CjL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

I really want to get into Malifaux... I have some 40k projects with some friends, then I can make my band of magi cslinging undead steam punk cowpokes...? I admittedly know nothing about Malifaux other than the models are amazingly up my alley. 

• LOVE IT! 1

8 hours ago, Aeryenn said:

I thought the same but this warband changed my mind. Pretty cool. I would expand on shaman/vodoo theme.

MXZ5aSK1sAWbIbKL.png

Yes!! When I saw these I immediately prayed to gorkamorka to see the range refreshed filling this aesthetic. Would be an instant buy and collect. They carry the feel of the old models but a perfect facelift. I also think they can help provide another unique angle to the orcs.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

Man, the drip feed of Cities information is really starting to wear me down. Feels like that faction has been on hold for a year now.

I just want to see those cool new Ogor mercenaries and that big cannon already, and whatever other amazing new stuff they have cooked up. I also finally want to get the inevitable disappointment when units that I have get removed over with.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Man, the drip feed of Cities information is really starting to wear me down. Feels like that faction has been on hold for a year now.

Same thing here.

Thirteen months since the initial announcement and very few reveals (2 units 1 character, that's not much for such a long time).  
I know that sounds like childish frustration, but I'm also tired of waiting and especially of not being able to project myself, plan a painting schedule, exactly what to paint, etc. 

Fortunately, this is the very last army I'll be waiting for at GW (after almost 25 years, it was time to settle down 😛) !

• Like 4

2 years, 7 days and counting…

If anyone was wondering how the incredibly slow release of the new cities of Sigmar and the Dawnbringers event has been going since the start of the ‘Era of the Beast’.

• July 3rd, 2021 Dominion release (Pre-order June 19th, released July 3rd, 2021). Black Library Novel: Dominion . By Darius Hinks.

• April 11th-15th, 2023. Dawnbringers Week 2023 eShort Subscription.

• Present day: June 16th, 2023 Second short story. “Dawnbringer Chronicles Part II-…
Edited by Ledgington
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Mutton said:

These spells are kind of ridiculous. Game shiftingly powerful stuff. Lumineth, Tzeentch, Soulblight, and Seraphon are going to destroy the world this year.

Good, then I can field my Chaos Warriors/Chosen in my DoT and still have a chance at winning if the wizards are broken cause GW can‘t manage to make using units outside our own battletome (even if T-marked CW at the very least should be part of it) really worthwhile! 😅

• Like 1