The Rumour Thread

13 hours ago, SilentSentinel said:

I might be hoping for too much but I'm hoping the reason that they're holding off on a full gameplay reveal until June is because it's going to coincide with a reveal for some more Kruleboyz units/models to come with the destruction themed Dawnbringer book. Mostly because Kruleboyz by themselves don't really have a large roster. Especially when it seems like Stormcast will be getting a decent number of their models in the game and in general it would be nice if Kruleboyz had a couple or few more units.

Again I'm probably hoping for too much, considering the first book hasn't even been released yet it might be too early to reveal more for the second book.

Maybe there'll be a new Kruleboyz unit in one of the upcoming Warcry sets?

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

3 hours ago, Gareth πŸ„ said:

I like where your heads at. ✊

Or perhaps something for the destruction dawnbringers book.Β 

It'd also be cool to see these new namedΒ  heros made into plastic. They even say the name of the Kruleboyz and SE leaders names but I can't quite understand what the dev says.Β 

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Gareth πŸ„ said:

I put wager that the 2nd harbringer book (the one that the Maw-Grunta is part of) as having new Kruleboyz models release with it

• Like 4

8 hours ago, MitGas said:

Well, while I agree with your general statement, I think the way itβ€˜s presented does not inspire confidence - itβ€˜s not exactly much. Every other new game system had more in terms of minis and hype from GW. Hell, even outliers like the aircrafts or titans games came with more. Doesnβ€˜t mean itβ€˜s going to be bad or anything but it looks like there is an unusual lack of initial support to it. 2 resin characters. Usually β€žnewβ€œ game systems come with plastic boxes….

My point is it hasn't actually been presented yet. We haven't reached the point where they're showing us what they're doing. We're still in the pre-hype phase before that, I think.Β  Similar to when they showed us the 1 Terminator and Termagant a few months ago. We all knew that wasn't going to be the entirety of 10th edition 40K. It wasn't just going to be 2 models. We all knew that there's be a bigger presentation later when they revealed more of their plans. We're still waiting for that with TOW.Β 
Β 

Edited by GhostShark
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Vasshpit said:

...They even say the name of the Kruleboyz and SE leaders names but I can't quite understand what the dev says.Β 

Killaboss Dankfeer and Sigrun. (And Sigrun's right-hand-man appears to be named Iden.)

Edited by LordSolarMach
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Tomorrow will be the announcement of Harbingers going up for pre order next weekend...

I think it's still too early.Β 

Apart from 40k 10th edition, we need to fill the next 3 months, and AoS has just had Seraphons (generally they don't do two weeks in a row with the same game system).

Basically, for June/July/August (since that's the summer period for GW), we're going to have :

• 40k 10th edition (probably coming out on 24 June)
  • Dawnbringers T1 and the 4 heroes revealed at WarFest
  • Underworlds starter set and Nighthaunt warband
  • Warcry starter set (Crimson Court vs. Stormcast's Xandire)
  • Horus Heresy : Cerastus knight (and characters, upgrade)

For tomorrow, my money's on Underworlds, BB starplayers already shown, orΒ the latest 40k references not yet available individually (The Lion, Agastus dread, desolation squad...).

Β 

4 minutes ago, Draznak said:

Apart from 40k 10th edition, we need to fill the next 3 months, and AoS has just had Seraphons (generally they don't do two weeks in a row with the same game system).

Basically, for June/July/August (since that's the summer period for GW), we're going to have :

For tomorrow, my money's on Underworlds, BB starplayers already shown, orΒ the latest 40k references not yet available individually (The Lion, Agastus dread, desolation squad...).

Β 

My money is on that as well. They said the lion would be available on his own before 10th is out.Β 

I don't think we'll see anything now for AoS (actual AoS) until after 10 Ed is out.Β 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Talas said:

There are some rumors from 4chan doing the rounds on Discord, seems like a wishlist, but hey, rumors!

kUkhfdP.png

4VkCQqi.png

prgf8pG.png

LmFNGRs.png

It seems good, but there is something weird. If warscrolls only need minor tweaks, why the Index?

Monsters being -1 to be wounded and all the cavalry and infantry stuff seems fun to play with.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Draznak said:

Β 

Chapter/Generals were released one week before Dominion/Indomitus preorder.

The main problem with new editions is that the released are always 3-4 weeks including the two preorder weeks, so the timeline is half July and half August for all the contento after Leviathan party starts.

Leviathan preorder starts June 10, a lot of influencers have the box right now and they are preparing the material for the release.

4 hours ago, Talas said:

There are some rumors from 4chan doing the rounds on Discord, seems like a wishlist, but hey, rumors!

kUkhfdP.png

4VkCQqi.png

prgf8pG.png

LmFNGRs.png

Real Rumours! Everything sounds interesting, not sure about how I feel about the need for mystical terrain but love some of the other choices like unit distinctions and how they made monsters tougher. Still I am taking it with an excited grain of salt.

2 hours ago, Beliman said:

It seems good, but there is something weird. If warscrolls only need minor tweaks, why the Index?

Monsters being -1 to be wounded and all the cavalry and infantry stuff seems fun to play with.

I am just hoping that GW is just catching up with the world and realizing that giving free Warscrolls is a huge plus for getting new players interested in their product. Unfortunately that is not what the source claims.

Edited by Neverchosen

I think it is fairly safe to say that if they are going full "New Edition, New Battletome" then they will probably do what they are doing with 10th 40k and have the Warscrolls online for free and available to buy in card decks until new books come around.Β 

some better than now things, but not a fan on new magic being bad outside buffing ur units since so short range etc

Β 

and was hoping for melee changing like in 40k, but it is even worse now. always only 1 row fight with some units on 2, and need to be in galletian batallon in order to be playables. only real change is they removed the cheat of 21mm bases having always 2 rows fighting.

nothing about coherency changing?

If magic is getting a lot worse now, can we get better ways to use chaos warriors and the like in DoT in return? Just in case someone from GW reads the forum. πŸ˜… Well, the shared hero phase sounds interesting. I just hope the rules stay simple.Β 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captaniser said:

Thought: Could this picture on the front page be a teaser for the Seraphon vanguard box?

Post image

Probably not, it has 2 heroes and all the vanguards so far have just one. It looks to be just a group photo for the book.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The timing of these rumours is also a bit suspect imo, given that they have come about the day after Warhammer Weekly did a show about wishlisting for the 4.0 and a fair chunk of the things discussed there are part of these 'rumours'.

• Like 5