The Rumour Thread

Just now, Draznak said:

Otherwise I also hope that COS will have at least one named character. This release is a golden opportunity to expand the Mortal Realms lore and a new charismatic figure would be perfect to reinforce that.

It would honestly be shocking if the Freeguild got no named characters, given that they are basically getting a faction reboot in the style of Gravelords. Like, why wouldn't there be a named general on a horse or monster mount? We just don't have any solid confirmation of it yet.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

It would honestly be shocking if the Freeguild got no named characters, given that they are basically getting a faction reboot in the style of Gravelords. Like, why wouldn't there be a named general on a horse or monster mount? We just don't have any solid confirmation of it yet.

Why not also a kind of great theogonist on a giant altar dedicated to Sigmar ? It would be very accurate in dawnbringers crusades theme.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Some sort of new centerpiece is probably a safe bet. I am not sure any old Empire kits will be returning in the new book at this point, though. The for the collegiate arcane stuff I mentioned above, we only have the info that "they should be safe", meaning their warscrolls are still in the book at least, but they too might get new models.

I kind of expect to some degree that they keep mostly the units that the current range has. Some current ones are sure going to be totally deprecated, but I'm quite confident that most will have "upgrades" so people with current freeguild can use them as "counts as".

• Light & heavy  infantry
  • shooting unit
  • light & heavy cavalry
  • warmachine
  • flagelants

plus the expected characters and centerpiece model.

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I would recommend to take GW at their word when they tell you what to expect. They are not the kind of company that would surprise-release Kislev folded into the Empire at launch. When they say "These are the factions: ...", then these really are the factions.

At least initally. I have seen some people take the newest article to mean: "These are all the factions the game will ever be about." But of course it makes no sense for GW not to grow the game by adding new armies like they do for literally all their other ones.

I'm expecting nothing on the Kislev side (if they have rules at launch maybe a made to order of the old stuff). In fact, I'm not expecting any new range of anykind at launch. Damn, its even hard to fathom how the launch is going to be... start collecting for all 9 factions? just the 2 on the box? We can just guess, wishlist and discuss online at this point XD

Edited by Gotz
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Ossiarc Bonereapers and SOublight FAQs:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/faqs/?=#warhammer-age-of-sigmar

It seems that Ossiarc Bonereapers had a facelift in some abilities. Easier to understand and play with, with some changes like Petrifex reducing To Wound rolls instead of Damage.

Kind of funny that Petrifex got nerfed again (justified though). I guess time in the Mortal Realms really is cyclical.

18 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Kind of funny that Petrifex got nerfed again (justified though). I guess time in the Mortal Realms really is cyclical.

I would call this one a soft nerf, though. The effect seems weaker, but it also applies to all attackers.

I wonder if we should expect similar change to the Seraphon Scaly Skin. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Flippy said:

I would call this one a soft nerf, though. The effect seems weaker, but it also applies to all attackers.

I wonder if we should expect similar change to the Seraphon Scaly Skin. 

With the way the seraphon saurus and monsteres are priced in points, I doubt.

I imagine army wide damage reduction is less problematic when you barely have any healing or model returning in said army.

• Like 2

My playgroup is probably gonna give old world a shot, we have old WFB armies lying around. I'm hoping the azhag wyvern gets re-released, IMO that model looks great and its super expensive second hand. I wouldn't mind using it as a vulcha in my kruleboyz.

1 hour ago, Beliman said:

It seems that Ossiarc Bonereapers had a facelift in some abilities. Easier to understand and play with, with some changes like Petrifex reducing To Wound rolls instead of Damage.

I like most of these changes.
Targeted nerfs to neferata and Legion of Blood were definitely welcome, although I really don't like how they handled doomed minions. I disagree with the ruling, and now we might end up with other weird edge cases where a command trait gives an aura that won't apply to mounts. I wish they'd just properly errata'd it.

OBR changes seem fair, maybe they watched the WH weekly bit on why -1 damage is a bad rule. The gothizzar change is pretty impactful since you can kill the unit outright now, but it also won't apply to shooting or hero phase damage.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, EonChao said:

New AoS novel coming featuring the Lumineth and Deepkin and following up in the end of Broken Realms Teclis vs Nagash fight

War comm link

9AC23F69-1C52-4628-8950-1938AFCCCF76.jpeg

Very excited about this. Was really hoping that Evan Dicken would finally write a full AoS novel. You should all go and read his novella, The Red Hours. It's excellent. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Flippy said:

Was Kislev ever a proper WFB army? There is your answer.

Kislev_6_Cover.jpg.84c6a00abb797bd2778fb623cb6e864a.jpg

They had an army book(let!).

It is even newer than the 'most recent' Bretonnian army book was! So they received more updated support than one of the armies already being shown in the old worlds return!

3 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

The following units are basically confirmed:

• Handgunners (weapon preview)
  • Big Cannon (@Whitefang confirmed)
  • Ogor Mercenaries (strongly implied by Whitefang)
  • something religious (religious icon preview)

I would say that new Greatswords are also very likely. Whitefang has also told us that the Collegiate Arcane units are in the book, but the Ironweld Arsenal units are not (although we don't know if that means just the artillery or the Steam Tank and Gyrocopter as well).

Mounted Marshal for sure

edit: kind of expecting the mounted version to have a Named Counterpart

Edited by CommissarRotke

27 minutes ago, RexHavoc said:

Kislev_6_Cover.jpg.84c6a00abb797bd2778fb623cb6e864a.jpg

They had an army book(let!).

It is even newer than the 'most recent' Bretonnian army book was! So they received more updated support than one of the armies already being shown in the old worlds return!

The term "brochure" would better reflect the actual content of this publication.

But I have to be honest here - I simply don't like this weird and shallow mix of CEE tropes they called Kislev.

4 hours ago, Beliman said:

Nvm rip Kosargi 🥹

Edited by JackStreicher

22 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

They actively did not errata the Corpse Cart issue 🤣

I thought the issue with the cart was that it could be taken over it's starting size by the heroic action but since the cart doesnt have "summonable" it's no longer a valid target for the effect.

• Thanks 1

Weird question that I feel isn't currently known, is the next season of Warcry going to use the aesthetic of Crypt of Blood or keep the Ghur themed terrain or will it be something new?

I really love the Ghur Terrain but it unfortunately doesn't match great with the aesthetics of my armies shared winter setting, so I have not committed to any of the new Warcry sets so far and wanted to know if this will remain the case going forward?

5 hours ago, EonChao said:

New AoS novel coming featuring the Lumineth and Deepkin and following up in the end of Broken Realms Teclis vs Nagash fight

War comm link

9AC23F69-1C52-4628-8950-1938AFCCCF76.jpeg

why idoneth? book says a lumi novel :D ( didnt read article still)

or you say it for the fish in cover?

ok read it.... dont make any sense. why would idk atack lumineth elves? they are always far of them in fear of teclis getting them and they even helping nagash ????

Edited by Kitsumy

4 hours ago, Arzalyn said:

With the way the seraphon saurus and monsteres are priced in points, I doubt.

I imagine army wide damage reduction is less problematic when you barely have any healing or model returning in said army.

in fact it is a massive buff, and i really hope scaly get changed in our faq.

-1wound always? or -1 dmg only on more than 1 dmg? no brainer for me. since most of game besides heros and monster are dmg 1.

this change would shut up a bit of the seraphon haters and would rise the winrate( and coalesced will really need it lol)

Just now, Kitsumy said:

in fact it is a massive buff, and i really hope scaly get changed in our faq.

-1wound always? or -1 dmg only on more than 1 dmg? no brainer for me. since most of game besides heros and monster are dmg 1.

this change would shut up a bit of the seraphon haters and would rise the winrate( and coalesced will really need it lol)

-1 to damage is very hard to balance.
Against armies that pay a premium for 2 damage, like ironjawz and ogors, you can negate nearly half their value for little cost.
against armies that have lots of damage 1 it does nothing.
Its the equivalent of a 4+ ward vs damage 2, a 5+ ward vs damage 3/4 and a 6+ ward vs damage 5/6
-1 to wound on the other hand has a pretty flat mathematical effect on the damage.

With that said the reason petrifex was problematic was because those units were not at all priced for that kind of buff, and trying to price them for it would make them unplayable elsewhere.
In the seraphon book it seems like coalesced were priced with that buff in mind, which is why the coalesced stuff is so overcosted.

I do agree that they should change it in seraphon too though, with point decreases on coalesced units. We just shouldn't have -1 damage be something we can get armywide. Its fine if used in limited ways though, like the debuff spell from SBGL or the nighthaunt dude, because the players can play around those abilities.

Also I think most of the seraphon hate is going to be directed at starborne and not coalesced, coalesced seem fair, maybe too fair.

• Like 3

Rip vampires with the new faq.

Got many huge nerfs deleting every viable tournament build.

Rigth now only legion of blood won tournaments and one tournament won by vyrkos spaming zombies and the xploit of revive corpse carts.

Now the zombies build got deleted because cant revive corpsecarts(was obvious and cheaters who did it) and worse wr cant get in combat units with zombies revive if we wasnt in combat allready.

And leguioj of blood.........only have been DELETED, everything that had have been deleted;

-gimmick of neferata that lets us get in enemy face our cavalry or big unit was deleted

-the neferata spell that wasnt changed for years,now have been deleted and useless in the 99% situations(only usefull against rend2 or more and a nerf against rend0)

- the comand trait that let us hit at 2 with ours units now dont work to mounts, so is a nerf of 16% or even more to the damage of the vampire on zombie dragon and a nerf to bk also.

Yes leguion of blood needed a nerf,but only the nerf to the teleport of neferata was enougth,now habe been overnerf and vampires wont be competitive.

Meanwhile kharadrons,khorne,tzemth,slanesh have similar win rates and dont get balanced

• Confused 2

9 minutes ago, Doko said:

Rip vampires with the new faq.

Got many huge nerfs deleting every viable tournament build.

Rigth now only legion of blood won tournaments and one tournament won by vyrkos spaming zombies and the xploit of revive corpse carts.

Now the zombies build got deleted because cant revive corpsecarts(was obvious and cheaters who did it) and worse wr cant get in combat units with zombies revive if we wasnt in combat allready.

And leguioj of blood.........only have been DELETED, everything that had have been deleted;

-gimmick of neferata that lets us get in enemy face our cavalry or big unit was deleted

-the neferata spell that wasnt changed for years,now have been deleted and useless in the 99% situations(only usefull against rend2 or more and a nerf against rend0)

- the comand trait that let us hit at 2 with ours units now dont work to mounts, so is a nerf of 16% or even more to the damage of the vampire on zombie dragon and a nerf to bk also.

Yes leguion of blood needed a nerf,but only the nerf to the teleport of neferata was enougth,now habe been overnerf and vampires wont be competitive.

Meanwhile kharadrons,khorne,tzemth,slanesh have similar win rates and dont get balanced

image-16.png?resize=474%2C489&ssl=1
I personally have never seen anything as high as the new soulblight tome, although stuff may have been higher in aos1, but don't catastrophize it. Both legion of blood and neferata were way out of line, especially at neferata's point cost. I would be absolutely shocked if SBGL weren't still competitive after these changes, in fact I imagine they still need point increases.

But yes, Khorne, slaanesh, and kharadron also need nerfs. Tzeentch is pretty safe in the middle at the moment, but those books didn't explode to this kind of winrate overnight. I'm sure they'll all get hit with the GHB.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Also the new nerf to the vampires comand trait to not work on mounts set a new rule for all others armys?

I mean,they have copy pasted the rule in the book to say because dont work to mounts, but then following this same answer what happen with other comand traits as my cities of sigmar have that add +1 hit to melle attack to units wholy within 12" if they have charged, then now dont work to mounts? 

Edited by Doko
  • Confused 2

11 minutes ago, Doko said:

Also the new nerf to the vampires comand trait to not work on mounts set a new rule for all others armys?

You mean, as it was already the case per Core Rule 27.3? "artefacts of power and command traits that affect attacks made by friendly models do not affect attacks made by their mounts, unless noted otherwise"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

yup last 2death and daemons book were way over the top. and they even eclipsed the allready op goblin book.

only hope next general fix it for good, not tipical +5 points on 1 or 2 units

dont know why in contrast we got seraphon book, where only kroak is cloose to those levels

• Confused 1