The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Oh sure, when the sigmarite barbarians use necromancy it’s considered a holy rite, but when the liche priests of LONG LOST NEHEKHARA!!! Do it it’s considered blasphemy of the highest order. That said, they have some excellent drip.

Actually that was established since AoS1. All the Stormcast with skull helms(Relictors) are reforged necromancers that turned from Nagash.

So it’s fitting the main mortal army has necromancy when the guys keeping the God-King’s immortal legions maintained are necromancer-paladins using a mix of necromancy & holy magic to empower souls.

That aside, awesome kits to wake up to! Definitely nailing their own unique flair for the Mortal Realms with the right mix of plainness the guards brought for a GoT or even Elden Ring vibe but also some extreme weirdness with talking mummy heads and super big guns that’ll be excellent for customizing an army to come from different realms(these easily from Shyish or Chamon cities)

• Like 1

Face 10

Hair 0

Who designed those do's? The relic envoy is maybe blowing in the wind but the white guy marshal's head looks like he just rolled out of bed after slathering on a ton of pig grease the night before*

*not a personal anecdote.

Edited by The Red King
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Face 10

Hair 0

Who designed those do's? The relic envoy is maybe blowing in the wind but the white guy marshal's head looks like he just rolled out of bed after slathering on a ton of pig grease the night before*

you go on campaign and try maintaining a presentable hairstyle ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Actually that was established since AoS1. All the Stormcast with skull helms(Relictors) are reforged necromancers that turned from Nagash.

So it’s fitting the main mortal army has necromancy when the guys keeping the God-King’s immortal legions maintained are necromancer-paladins using a mix of necromancy & holy magic to empower souls.

That aside, awesome kits to wake up to! Definitely nailing their own unique flair for the Mortal Realms with the right mix of plainness the guards brought for a GoT or even Elden Ring vibe but also some extreme weirdness with talking mummy heads and super big guns that’ll be excellent for customizing an army to come from different realms(these easily from Shyish or Chamon cities)

Don’t get me wrong I understand the reasoning behind the Crusading forces getting necromancy, after all the worship of saints is based primarily off the holiness of their corpses, I just like stirring the pot every now and then. 

14 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Face 10

Hair 0

I don’t know @The Red King, I’d say that these guys have the most accurate form of helmet hair that I have ever seen! They look like they just spent an entire afternoon in the midwestern sun playing football and I’m here for it.

3 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

A strong Kentaro Miura style on the new Cities and I am loving it. If they retain the Aelves and Duardin... I might have a hard time resisting these.

If we get a swordsman in full-plate as a hero option I’m painting him black and calling him Gatsu. On a more serious note, if GW is “borrowing” aesthetics from Miura and Soulsborne stuff I wonder how future projects like Ind and Khuresh will turn out?

3 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

Also, another sighting of the "complete Dawnbringer building" terrain in this frankly just awesome image.

YeKOpXRnAF8LxoaC.jpg

The better to corrupt into new Chaos Dreadholds my dear @Asbestress….

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

31 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Face 10

Hair 0

Some would call it "messy", others "easy to highlight".

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

none comenting anything about how the litle skink on chair cost 45€?? it seems way over the top joke, for a mini that should be 25-33 at best...

or salamander being as overpriced as lumineth ballista is. or how the saurus hero on raptor cost almost the same as the unit if 3 raptors

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 4

1 minute ago, Kitsumy said:

none comenting anything about how the litle skink on chair cost 45€?? it seems way over the top joke, for a mini that should be 25-33 at best...

or salamander being as overpriced as lumineth ballista is. or how the saurus hero on raptor cost almost the same as the unit if 3 raptors

You're not wrong, but this is what new hero prices have looked like for a while now, it's not anything new.

Guys, you don‘t understand…. with GW perhaps taking visual cues from Elden Ring and other FromSoft games, the strange hair and tired faces are just another feature to make them even more SoulsBorne! Be glad they didn‘t give them a face like 50% of the playerbase usually configure! 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MitGas said:

Guys, you don‘t understand…. with GW perhaps taking visual cues from Elden Ring and other FromSoft games, the strange hair and tired faces are just another feature to make them even more SoulsBorne! Be glad they didn‘t give them a face like 50% of the playerbase usually configure! 

Wait! People actually change the face of their Soulsborne characters? I thought everyone was too busy trying to figure out the best builds and making bosses into memes….

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kitsumy said:

You must be new. 😉

Prices are single handedly the #1 reason more of my friends won't get into this hobby. 

12 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

You must be new. 😉

Prices are single handedly the #1 reason more of my friends won't get into this hobby. 

Prices are single handedly the #1 reason I can't afford to get any friends outside of people in this hobby. They might want to actually do something 😅

• Haha 6

37 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Wait! People actually change the face of their Soulsborne characters? I thought everyone was too busy trying to figure out the best builds and making bosses into memes….

I do… and it takes me at least one full hour each time recreate a cooler version of myself in those games 🤣 I‘m very vain!

• Like 2