The Rumour Thread

48 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

The baseless conspiracy theory that I 100% believe is that the new Ossifector is just a variant Boneshaper that they had designed for the initial release of the faction but not put into production. It's basically the exact same guy in a different pose.

Given I got the two confused when looking at them on the webstore recently, I don't disagree.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

45 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

Man, those Tzeench models are brilliant! I hardly can wait until we can purchase them separately in a year or two.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

I don't play the game, so doubling would never work for me. I collect a few models though.

The Vanguard only has 10 models, and while these are pretty, it has to compete with 18 from the SC. I also think the dryads are more usable in D&D like games.

Gitz Vanguard gives you squigs, shooty goblins, stabby goblins, short goblins (riders from the squig hoppers) and squigs with goblins on them in two varieties, as well as trolls. That's a brilliant box.

I see what you mean and from that perspective I understand it completely.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2023 at 12:34 AM, Hollow said:

The problem I have with Kruleboyz is that they seemed to come at the expense of established factions getting much-needed love. A dozen new plastic kits for a faction that kind of came out of nowhere and didn't really seem to have prior demand. It was a strange choice IMO (although GW does work in mysterious ways, they frequently make decisions that just completely baffle me.) 

The Kruleboyz release was all kinds of messed up imo.
What they actually are is a Greenskinz reimagining. So they're to orcs what lumineth are to high elves. If you analyze the units there are clear parallels for everything except the sludgeraker, mirebrute, & sloggoth, who wouldn't have felt out of place in greenskinz anyway.
For some reason when it came to kruleboyz though they seemed to be avoiding making that connection, unlike with lumineth where they clearly said what their intention was. They also pushed the narrative of them being particularly sneaky and cunning, despite the models not really reflecting that at all. Cruel looking? yes. Swamp dwelling? yes. Kunnin? a little. Sneaky? absolutely not, how are monsters and big infantry blocks supposed to be sneaky.
We know GW tends to do the models and identity first, and the rules/narrative second, so its a bit baffling what happened here.

My speculation is that when they got to the rules they felt that if they followed through with the greenskinz reimagining they wouldn't do enough to differentiate them from ironjawz or bonesplitterz.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Snarff said:

It's true that we definitely didn't need a model like it anymore, the model itself I think is gorgeous. Just like the recent Ossiarch model. More models with that armor style would be super welcome and very fitting to the lore.

There just has to be something coming. Grimnir being confirmed to be getting powered up (though not ready to return yet), something stirring beneath the main FS lodge due to the Rite of Life, neither FS nor KO getting souped, both explicitly not going along with Grungi, and all in lore attempts of Duardin unification not amounting to anything. I know GW drops a lot of lore threads, but Grimnir returning is on par with Morathi's apotheosis in both importance and being built up ever since all the way back in AoS1.

Mate Fyreslayers have so much untapped potential to be the most visually striking Faction.

I believe and hope thst 4.0 is a Duardin Edition. 

Give us a massive range update to Fyreslayers.

Give Kharadron some new infantry and ship.

Release Chaos Duardin.

And finally tease a release for a new Order Dispossessed Faction.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

On 4/15/2023 at 12:29 AM, Chikout said:

I'm still not convinced by the way they are tackling the project but I'm starting to realise that having an old school game for those that want it, frees up AoS to do something even more different from the old game. That's something I am excited about. 

this is a great point, I hope it comes true :)

13 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Mate Fyreslayers have so much untapped potential to be the most visually striking Faction.

I believe and hope thst 4.0 is a Duardin Edition. 

Give us a massive range update to Fyreslayers.

Give Kharadron some new infantry and ship.

Release Chaos Duardin.

And finally tease a release for a new Order Dispossessed Faction.

Chorfs are not an if, they're a when. You don't reintroduce back the hobgoblins into AoS as hobgrots and don't make a Warcry warband called "The Horns of Hashut" for giggles. There's something bigger behind that.
In the dark, polluted land of England, in the forges of Zharr-Nottingham, great and terrible miniatures are forged to fuel the war machine of the Dawi-Zharr, as they prepare to conquer the Mortal Realms in the name of Hashut, the Father of Darkness. So have the Sorcerer-Prophets of GW decided !

Idk if Fyreslayers will get a "massive" range update. I always feel like there are more FS players than meets the eye, so if GW has deemed them profitable enough to warrant a second wave, why not ?

Kharadrons are in a good spot because even though they have a small roster it is well rounded so I don't see new big releases. Maybe a Warcry band ?

New Dispossessed, I don't know. Seems like a big stretch to me.

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Chorfs are not an if, they're a when. You don't reintroduce back the hobgoblins into AoS as hobgrots and don't make a Warcry warband called "The Horns of Hashut" for giggles. There's something bigger behind that.
In the dark, polluted land of England, in the forges of Zharr-Nottingham, great and terrible miniatures are forged to fuel the war machine of the Dawi-Zharr, as they prepare to conquer the Mortal Realms in the name of Hashut, the Father of Darkness. So have the Sorcerer-Prophets of GW decided !

Idk if Fyreslayers will get a "massive" range update. I always feel like there are more FS players than meets the eye, so if GW has deemed them profitable enough to warrant a second wave, why not ?

Kharadrons are in a good spot because even though they have a small roster it is well rounded so I don't see new big releases. Maybe a Warcry band ?

New Kharadron book blatantly teases Gholemkind, so that's one direction to expand them into. Agreed that Fyreslayers are always assumed more unpopular than they really are, they've had a consistent mid-high meta percentage in tournaments their entire lifespan and I see new people picking them up often enough. Maybe not a massive wave but I do feel like they are due a real update in 4th edition, it's been more than long enough.

As for new Dispossessed, since the entire storyline of Grugni returning hasn't resulted in dwarf soup or any real changes for Fyreslayers or KO, either updating Dispossessed or adding Grugni focused Dwarfs seems like the most plausible path for all that teasing to lead into. Probably not anytime soon, though. Still, Dispossessed have endured this long, even apparently into the revamped CoS.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I agree Chorfs are an inevitability. They've dropped far more than just hints to that effect. If there's not a big file of chaos_duardin_aos_concept somewhere on a hardrive on Nottingham I will be very, very surprised. The only problem is they seem as inevitable as Malerion... who has been "when, not if" for about seven years now. I think we're as likely to see Chorfs in five years as we are to see them next year. Maybe if 4.0 is cycling around to Chaos being the 'antagonist' half of the starter again we might see them in there? My money would still be on a Skaven revamp or Slaves To Darkness, but after Kruelboyz who knows.

Fyreslayers feel like victims of GW's vicious cycle of, "nobody collects them because they don't have new models, therefore we won't make new models for them." Fyreslayers in terms of player numbers always remind me of Genestealer Cults, in that you don't really see them casually, but when they're good in the meta the tournament scene tends to have a disproportionate amount of them. It's not even like they need much, just something, anything, which isn't a foot Hero or Naked Infantry. 

Dispossessed I think are the big great unknown. What's left are all kits only a year younger than AoS, so they're still very much 'modern'. GW have done a good amount of reinforce their place in the world building, specifically within Cities of Sigmar. Equally, there's still plentiful ground for them to be separated out into a new Grungni army if they wanted to. On the other hand, said Grungni army could end up being a Sylvaneth-esq situation, where we end up with Gholemkind and/or a whole new line of new models, with Dispossessed nonetheless being kept within CoS ALA Wanderers not going to Sylvaneth. Or maybe GW just relegate them exclusively to The Old World because they're worried using the same box for two games would 'confuse' Lil Timmy (although I don't see that happening).

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Dispossessed I think are the big great unknown. What's left are all kits only a year younger than AoS, so they're still very much 'modern'. GW have done a good amount of reinforce their place in the world building, specifically within Cities of Sigmar.

Aestheticly, the thing the recently revealed New City Humans remind me of most are the Dispossessed. So maybe the Cities Dwarves we have already, already fit with the new look?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Aestheticly, the thing the recently revealed New City Humans remind me of most are the Dispossessed. So maybe the Cities Dwarves we have already, already fit with the new look?

I actually like that in the Cities fluff humans and dwarves are the ones who keep everything running while elves are smugglers, crime lords and cult leaders. So I'm all for more human/dwarf friendship!

• Like 1

dont get it. why seraphon box is 20€ more than chaos one???

everything inside will cost exactly the same as chaos one, and the things in the box didnt get a raise in price, so rise in price isnt an answer. boxes should have same % discount, if the things inside get a raise. box get a raise, but overall discount will be the same.

but this box has same value inside than last 5 40karmyboxes and chaos one, but costing 20€ more, so with like 15% lower discount on it, reason??? 

Edited by Kitsumy
wrong word
  • Like 1

The Freeguild do have the blocky look and winged ornament helms going on. Between duardin being the main builders behind the cities it’s not a stretch that Dispossessed make up the majority of craftsmen & smiths as they do in the Ironweld(I can imagine that’s where their update will come in next edition for new warmachines, fliers & cogsmith units)

It makes a fun dynamic as Neil said. Humans & duardin(and of course Stormcast) are the main forces while city-Aelves & Darklings take advantage of society’s cracks while benefitting it with more experimental magic, eldritch narcotics and both monsters they smuggle in and bio-engineer as with the Drakespawn(made me happy lorewise they keep the Cold Ones while Seraphon get something new and different as they’re not captured anymore but artificially made by the druchii, so Seraphon have less reason for them besides magic memories)

• Like 2