The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

This is an old illustration of Catherine O'Connor, she was an illustrator that worked for GW. The sword is the same as the artwork and the image is called "The Ghoul King".

I think it comes from a Cursed City expansion that was never released

Very good catch ! 

If it's not a Cursed City expansion, wouldn't it just be a new hero for the next FEC battletome ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

image.png.f5ef3d898ffb2a569ecac783562602f8.png

This is an old illustration of Catherine O'Connor, she was an illustrator that worked for GW. The sword is the same as the artwork and the image is called "The Ghoul King".

I think it comes from a Cursed City expansion that was never released

Could very easily be turned into a FEC mini then thats great detective work mate!!

39 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

It seems artificial

2022-09-20.jpg

42 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Is it Seraphon or Idoneth looks like a fin? Maybe it is some kind of contraption for Ironweld for Cities?

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/10/18/the-rumour-engine-18th-october-2022/
l4u8DAYuSAiVamLC.jpg

New Kharadron Overlord vessels? Or even COS?

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

The mace rumor engine pic looks very similar to the mace from the soulblight Underworlds vamp with the wings. Thinking new grave guard. 

Yeah, a  lot of those older ones give me a FEC vibe as well. I really think things got screwed up on the back end with that and makes me wonder how much was never released. 

Edited by Vasshpit

9 minutes ago, Still-young said:

The Twitter post for todays RE says ‘there’s somefin strange going on with this weeks rumour engine!’ Now I used to be the biggest proponent of the rumour engine text not meaning anything, but now I’m thinking probably fins rather than feathers. 

Yeah same. Between that and the "No one ever saw Votann coming, just like this" text, I've now decided this is fishmen. Metal Fishmen, apparently, to make them distinct from IDK.

• LOVE IT! 1

Hmm two rumour engines of things that are so similar might very possibly mean that it's a bigger release than just one unit or hero. The weird thing is, I don't recognize anything remotely similar in any army, so either an existing one gets a slight visual overhaul with these new bits, or it's something from a completely new army

• Like 1

Ok. It can't be Eldar as Eldar don't usually use bolts like that. I thought maybe it's admech but they already have flying things with a different aesthetic. It's too smooth to be marines but not spiky enough to be chaos. Unless it's an all new faction it has to be something for AoS. It looks like it could be a fish but it probably isn't IDK as they have plenty of real fish. 

The same is true with Seraphon as they have real flying things. It can't be destruction or death as it's far too clean for them. It must be the return of the old dogs of war birdmen and part of the crazier side of the new cities update. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, GenericEdgyName said:

Hmm two rumour engines of things that are so similar might very possibly mean that it's a bigger release than just one unit or hero. The weird thing is, I don't recognize anything remotely similar in any army, so either an existing one gets a slight visual overhaul with these new bits, or it's something from a completely new army

I definitely don't think the fins match any AoS army, much less one of those still waiting for a 3rd edition tome. My guess would be they are from one of the side games. Since they look kinda techy, maybe Necromunda.

2 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

Doomdiver confimed ! ! !

image.png.e32a159ff89045a94b0df1dd848f9d2a.png

okay but actually... Ironweld war machine??

Today's fin also reminds me of the Gorechosen headdress a little.

54 minutes ago, Still-young said:

The Twitter post for todays RE says ‘there’s somefin strange going on with this weeks rumour engine!’ Now I used to be the biggest proponent of the rumour engine text not meaning anything, but now I’m thinking probably fins rather than feathers. 

The RE page itself says "How are you all getting to grips with your new Leagues of Votann armies? Nobody could have guessed the Rumour Engine would be revealing the return of the Kin all those months ago – just like nobody will guess what this is:"

which makes me want to say IDONETH because they already got a book and why would anyone guess an army that already came out...

29 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

Everyone else is thumbs-upping the AOS articles right? Drive some engagement, MAYBE having actual web traffic patterns will get us more articles.

I didnt even realize there was a thumbs up option  ===jumps over to GW community site === Oh shoot, I guess there is! Ill start clicking on those for AoS articles. Good idea CommissarRotke

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

I didnt even realize there was a thumbs up option  ===jumps over to GW community site === Oh shoot, I guess there is! Ill start clicking on those for AoS articles. Good idea CommissarRotke

Ok...now I'm depressed. Just looked back through the entire month of October to click the thumbs up. Theres only been three AoS articles released, and two were for the sons of behemet battletome. 

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

Everyone else is thumbs-upping the AOS articles right? Drive some engagement, MAYBE having actual web traffic patterns will get us more articles.

It probably because their battletome release have had minimum changes that they can only drum up one lore article and one rule preview article per AoS release.

not like I think their thumb up mechanic does much for them