The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Aeryenn said:

I'd like some zombie heroes and monsters for a second wave of Soulblight.

I'd second that. For the Era of Beasts, I think we were all hoping for some more beastly diversity. Huge skeletal/zombie undead monster would be cool, but a 3 model unit of some large undead creatures would be good too. 

Or a skeletal mega-gargant? Not even the whole gargant, give me some crazy dynamic sculpt of half a gargant zombie corpse crawling along the ground, pulling itself along with those huge arms, while vomiting forth hordes of normal zombies. 

• LOVE IT! 1

23 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

Or a skeletal mega-gargant? Not even the whole gargant, give me some crazy dynamic sculpt of half a gargant zombie corpse crawling along the ground, pulling itself along with those huge arms, while vomiting forth hordes of normal zombies. 

THIS ONE RIGHT HERE GW, HIRE THEM!!

33 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

I'd second that. For the Era of Beasts, I think we were all hoping for some more beastly diversity. Huge skeletal/zombie undead monster would be cool, but a 3 model unit of some large undead creatures would be good too. 

I have always been a big fan of the big, dumb skeleton. Like Creaking Skull from Castlevania:

image.png.c8806e8074dc4c17211452bbbe6b2da2.png

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sigmarusvult said:

Someone posted this on the Slaves to Darkness Facebook group, Tzeentch must have been in charge of the postal service 😅.

42FE8E8D-649A-4E49-A750-54E91816518F.jpeg

This seems crazy early! I guess full leaks of the battletome are likely to happen over the next few days, for better or worse.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, novakai said:

most of the Warscrolls have been leaked already (which is why we know Theradons are 5 wounds each), only the allegiance abilities and sub-allegiance ability have remained unspoiled so far.

Some of the new stuff yeah, but unless I missed something huge we know pretty much nothing about existing units other than the Daemon Prince. I'd love to see what the Warriors and Knights look like in particular. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Scythian said:

That had to be a mispack at the warehouse by somebody who doesn’t play the game. Wow, their Christmas release, ugh! If the rules suck, this could cost them big money. 

On the other hand if they put some thought into the book and didn't just do another copy/paste then a leak like this could be great for sales. Two months should give people enough time to budget for a big ticket box and guarantee that they all get sold.

Edited by Grimrock
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, novakai said:

Can’t care if you never signed one

You right you right

4 minutes ago, Fyrenn said:

for those of us who don't have access to the facebook page... can you share what you're learning?

He is posting mostly pictures but im at work so dont have time to write all that out

1 hour ago, novakai said:

The guy is leaking rule on the FB page now so it not long I guess

Not like leaking rule affect sales, lack of proper marketing is often the biggest downfall of releases and leak stuff that deflates marketing momentum often time is the killer.

Any new lore as well?

edit: New Exalted Hero model confirmed.

Edited by Twisted Firaun

I really don't think rules leaks have much of an impact on sales. The leagues of Votann book was fully leaked well before launch but the box still sold like hotcakes. GW lets reviewers show the complete rules in their videos on the first day of pre-order anyway. If anything it can be good for sales. If a particular unit is good in the new book I could see people buying a few minis ahead of the book's release. 

What's more interesting is that this set has clearly been ready to go for quite a while. It wonder when it was originally planned to be released. 

• Like 2

If anyone is interested in the StD leaks, they're on reddit right now.

Awesome Stuff At First Glance:
- Chaos warriors 3+ save and REND
- Knights 3+ save, can attack in two ranks
- Eye of the Gods more viable, can get it from capturing objectives, heavily incentivized in book
- Marks simplified. You just get bonuses now, no longer have to be within X" of hero
- Chosen are beefier
-Army gets special Ensorcelled banner artifacts. Doesn't take a normal artifact slot and goes onto a unit.
- Cool subfaction abilities

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

According to the Sunday preview we're getting Old World news this week. So today must be the day! 😃

The original Old World announcement was nearly 3 years ago in November 2019 where they said it would likely be at least 3 years in the making. That's back before the pandemic so really interested to see how much news there actually is yet?

This is the original announcement: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/11/15/old-world-new-warhammer/

Edited by EntMan
  • LOVE IT! 2