The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, Beliman said:

Some rumors from various source (Bob and Discord mainly):

Lumineth: Updated Battletome for AOS3, no big change a few change there and there, streamlining of the sub-faction (like other faction in v3):

• Most buffs/nerfs were minor. Foxes lost the move in enemy phase, went down in points both sevireth and spirits (250 / 320)
  • Factions only give a single buff now, like zaitrec is +1 to cast base, Helon is +1 shooting attacks within 6” of enemy
  • Sentinels are 24” but get a 6” increase when near ballista/sentinel
  • Teclis is basically the same but less points (700). Same battle line structure, minor changes everywhere except spell lores
  • Eltharion is a beast now, he has 8 attacks that all do 3 damage each, 6 rend -2 2 at rend -1
  • Wardens lost the high warden flask ability
  • Loreseeker lost his claiming an objective and instead counts as extra models

Mega-Gargants: Another Updated Battletome, 2 extra entries with the Kind and the Smasha, also the small Gargant are split into 2 entries now. If you are into Gargant it's a good Battletome. (Biggest change is now they all have a degressive profile for the number of models they count as on Objectives).

Price:

Hide contents

Helbrecht: > 13,60 (PVP 15,95€)

Battletome: Lumineth> 36,15€ (PVP 42,50€)

Vanguard: Lumineth > 78,75€ (PVP 105€)

Warscroll: Lumineth > 18€ (PVP 24€)

Dice Lumineth > 23,65€ (PVP 31,50€)

Battletome: SoB > 36,15€ (PVP 42,50€)

Dice SoB > 23,65€ (PVP 31,50€)

King Brodd > 127,50 (PVP 170€)

Mancrusher Gargant > 93,75€ (PVP 125€)

Land Raider Proteus > 50,65€ (PVP 67,50€)

Vengeance of Bayard (35 aniversario) > 26,25€ (PVP 35€)

Wait to so the Mega Kit is jumping from £120 to £150!?

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

£30 for your Beast Smasher/King Brodd sprue.

Would've be better to keep the old kit and price and sell upgrade sprue(s) separately.

Edited by EntMan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Whoa that’s a brutal price for the Brodd kit. Do we have any idea if this outright replaces the older mega-gargant box? If so… SoB were already an extremely harsh army to collect in terms of price but this, oof.

Good that the Mancrushers can come in threes now. Still ludicrously expensive but at least it matches their in-game unit size.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I'm not sure how you get that number. King Brodd will be €170, the same price as the new kill team box. That box is £130 in the UK. A £10 increase which still sucks but not quite as much as you are suggesting. 

• Thanks 3

I think the drip feed approach would have increased excitement but we have already had it leaked so now it feels less special to get a single model when we knew the unit was coming. 

It is unfortunate that leaks work that way. I wish the leaker had just released the index and a few warscrolls and left the models secret.   

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I'm not sure how you get that number. King Brodd will be €170, the same price as the new kill team box. That box is £130 in the UK. A £10 increase which still sucks but not quite as much as you are suggesting. 

I didn't realize...a mega gargant at the price of a 2 players game.....

For 4 copies of Kill team you can have a Mega gargant army now....😑

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Still-young said:

Chaos Knight is awesome but yeah, would it have really hurt them to show the whole kit?

It’s so they can drop reveals over next few weeks. I’m guessing the set will be out for Christmas but the book and new kits will be next year.

15 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Yup and I think it will be similar to the Imperial Knight kits where you have two boxes covering all combos and then the mancrushers. 

1 minute ago, Neverchosen said:

I think the drip feed approach would have increased excitement but we have already had it leaked so now it feels less special to get a single model when we knew the unit was coming. 

It is unfortunate that leaks work that way. I wish the leaker had just released the index and a few warscrolls and left the models secret.   

Totally agree although the leaks were a while ago and new players may not have seen them. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

It’s so they can drop reveals over next few weeks. I’m guessing the set will be out for Christmas but the book and new kits will be next year.

I know why they’ve done it, I just don’t like that they’ve done it and don’t think it really works. It’s just annoying now because they’ve just shown 1, and then annoying later when they later ‘waste’ a reveal slot on something we’ve seen some of. (In my opinion of course). 

Edited by Still-young
  • Like 1

I notice that the reveal is done at 1 p.m.... Generally GW starts with the "minor" announcements at the beginning of the afternoon and ends with the big part around 4/5 p.m.

Will there be bigger in a few hours (not necessarily for AoS) or AoS gives (still) the feeling of being less important ?

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

"Only" to £130. Though it's still £10 more than the increase of Imperial and Chaos Knights with additional sprue.

King Brodd €170, £130, $210
Mancrusher Mob €125, £95, $160

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Still-young said:

I know why they’ve done it, I just don’t like that they’ve done it and don’t think it really works. It’s just annoying now because they’ve just shown 1, and then annoying later when they later ‘waste’ a reveal slot on something we’ve seen some of. (In my opinion of course). 

Problem is the "new" chaos knights came out in the slaves to darkness starter set, what? A year and a half ago? I couldn't wait that long for the multipark kit, so I found some other models to supplement the knightly ranks of my Tzeench-themed Slaves to Darkness Army.

Say hello to my Corrupted Palladors! All full of  Tzeenchy goodness

image.png.aec02bcdf52c6d7f48cb3cd43162478c.png

• Like 17
  • LOVE IT! 6

6 minutes ago, Sarges said:

"Only" to £130. Though it's still £10 more than the increase of Imperial and Chaos Knights with additional sprue.

King Brodd €170, £130, $210
Mancrusher Mob €125, £95, $160

Anyway you look at it, a single Megagargant is now pushing the price threshold of like, a battlebox or warcry box, eg you can get one giant for the price of a huge pile of terrain and about 20 infantry models, or 30-50 models split into two forces...or likely the upcoming STD boxset with a limited edition battletome, Daemon Prince, 10 Chosen and three Ogroids...

Always been true of the Megagargants, which is one of the reasons I don't play SoB, but geez.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

Problem is the "new" chaos knights came out in the slaves to darkness starter set, what? A year and a half ago? I couldn't wait that long for the multipark kit, so I found some other models to supplement the knightly ranks of my Tzeench-themed Slaves to Darkness Army.

Say hello to my Corrupted Palladors! All full of  Tzeenchy goodness

image.png.aec02bcdf52c6d7f48cb3cd43162478c.png

Yeah the three(?) year gap between the SC box and the multiparts is wild. After going this long without fussing about not having a banner, why would I run out and buy multiparts now?

I definitely agree that this particular reveal did absolutely nothing for me. We already know the aesthetic of the chaos knight kits both from the existing kits from which little has been changed with this version and the leaks. 

GW knows those leaks happened because they posted a nice image of the demon prince as soon as the leaks happened. If they want to show off the new chaos kits that we have already seen it would be a much better idea to show two or three kits at once even if that meant having fewer articles. There are plenty of other things they could be doing to generate clicks on their website if that's what they are interested in. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Beliman said:

Some rumors from various source (Bob and Discord mainly):

Mega-Gargants: Another Updated Battletome, 2 extra entries with the Kind and the Smasha, also the small Gargant are split into 2 entries now. If you are into Gargant it's a good Battletome. (Biggest change is now they all have a degressive profile for the number of models they count as on Objectives).

I remember WH Weekly talking about that fix and saying it was a poor fix, despite many people suggesting it, and I agreed.
Its bad because it creates even more incentive to never fight with your gargants, since they get worse on the objective if they do, and one of the big problems with the old book was that it was often better for gargants to just retreat out of combat to live longer.

A better rule would be something like "enemy models within 3" of this model can't contest objectives", since it encourages the gargant player to be aggressive.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

I remember WH Weekly talking about that fix and saying it was a poor fix, despite many people suggesting it, and I agreed.
Its bad because it creates even more incentive to never fight with your gargants, since they get worse on the objective if they do, and one of the big problems with the old book was that it was often better for gargants to just retreat out of combat to live longer.

A better rule would be something like "enemy models within 3" of this model can't contest objectives", since it encourages the gargant player to be aggressive.

I never thought about that... Having the Gargants constantly retreating would be so frustrating (and a good way to annoy your fellow players). I wonder if its a large problem outside the tournament scene? Sons of Behemet is the only AoS army that's not represented in our local meta, so I've haven't really seen them played outside of Youtube battle reports, or as individual models run as allies/mercenaries. 

I know its only a £10 increase but as someone looking to further my hobby outside of Sons and Ogors the price is becoming unjustifiable almost.

Like yes I can get Brodd!! But for Brodd I could get 100(!?!?) Stabbas and Shootas or for £14 more 12(!?!) Rockgutt Troggoths. 

Ill pick up Brodd eventually but after him I may have to pause the Sons.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Still-young said:

That…kinda sucks. 

Yeah. I agree. I was hoping for a whole new set so you could add the new minis to the old five and have some decent variety, like they did with the Gutrippas.  Having seen this, I'd imagine the warriors will be the same. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2