The Rumour Thread

17 minutes ago, silverstu said:

Those graveguard models are very nice! Wonder if we will get hints of the other war bands coming.

Perhaps the Warcry map includes some!!

6 minutes ago, ArcLight said:

Not only in Ghur, but specifically in the Gnarlwood now - same place as Warcry is currently set. Perhaps some potential cross over narratively / overlap in warbands?

Excellent!!

4 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Might explain the amount of leftover icons on the gnarlwood map for Warcry.

I was literally thinking this mate!! It explains the 2 Gloomspite sounding Warbands, 1 for Underworlds and 1 for Warcry!!

3 minutes ago, Augusto said:

Entering the jungle season, could we finally get new forest goblin models? 

Now is the time if any!!

• Like 1

Underworlds continues the long tradition of releasing boxes with one warband I absolutely love (the grave guard) and one that I don't really care about (chaos barbarians #a lot). 

Interesting that now both Underworlds and Warcry have moved to gnarlwood. I suspect they could do some crossover and give some Underworld warbands rules for warcry. Also the freeguild dudes in the artwork are cool, and an absolute tease from GW

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GenericEdgyName said:

Underworlds continues the long tradition of releasing boxes with one warband I absolutely love (the grave guard) and one that I don't really care about (chaos barbarians #a lot). 

Interesting that now both Underworlds and Warcry have moved to gnarlwood. I suspect they could do some crossover and give some Underworld warbands rules for warcry. Also the freeguild dudes in the artwork are cool, and an absolute tease from GW

Like @KingBrodd and yourself @GenericEdgyName, I think that the fact both Underworlds and Warcry moving to the same area opens up some interesting possibilities. We now know that not every marker on the Warcry map represent a Warcry or Underworlds band. Personally, I’m now worried that certain much hoped for updates (maneaters) are now just going to be one off characters or simply not occurring….. but I’ll try to stay hopeful.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

New Underworlds season! The Death models look amazing.

Grave Guard vs Darkoath.

8P1DsbRKFtlvt7lu.jpg

5VWd3O3oLkRdl3sY.jpg

unknown.png

unknown.png

Possible tease of a new Freeguild warband already? 

HGBxjJOwAxYqhbVz.jpg

I will probably pick up this box. It would give me an intro point to Underworlds and I could mix those new Grave Guard with the Sepulchral Guard, a Wight King and a Necromancer to have a Deathrattle list for Warcry:

1675563228_20220818_2016204.jpg.302f20f4ca37ea41fe9a8c9cacac62b4.jpg

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

Absolutely inockong their side games out the park atm with warcry, necromunda and underworlds.

Overwhelmingly positive responses to the grave guard. They are truly stunning and does exactly what it should now I need to know more about Velmorns kingdom!

Since the Darkoath cheiftan from silver tower I've been living all the Darkoath models and honestly they should just retire the marauders kit now! I know people think of generic barbarians but personally I love that. I've never had that aesthetic in game that I've played before 

2 x Darkoath warbands for underworlds and the warcry set make I nice little core. He nearly wish they would of split Darkoath of from slaves to darkness and made them the spiritual successor to Norsca from TWW.  Howdah backed mammoth, skin wolves, chaos troops please  for a darkoath battletome!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

I'm absolutely blown away by those sculpts.

It kinda feels bittersweet though if that's the only Grave Guard we are getting. I'll no doubt get these and they are absolutely stunning sculpts, but to know we may not get a full unit of these makes me cry.

Edit: Oh I need the big guy, give him a big massive mace, gauntleted pointing hand and the crown head and boom, Diablo Leoric. Always wanted to convert him.

Edited by Black_Templar_Lad
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

6 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Im really really really hoping for GG fans that there is a second wave for them this Edition, with them being one of AOS best selling Factions and GW's self fulfilling prophecy of updating good selling Factions, that they get a whole Spiderfang update.

Scuttleboss, Spider Riders and a mid sized Spider unit alongside a foot troop unit is only 2 new kits and 2 updated kits and fans of Spiderfang and Gitz in general would be over Da Bad Moon.

Throw in a Forest Troggoth for me please.

I love this idea. Gitz could handle a Warclans style book. You can mix everything up or unlock more specific abilities. You could have regular goblins, Your jaws of Mork squig, trolls, and then spider/forest gitz. Giving people the opportunity to dive all the way into one or collect em all!!  From experience I love Squigs and the trolls.

Everything else is blah to me. So I would love to be able to dive into one of those fully and feel they are supported enough with own set of rules, while still allowing me to mix in other things of I wanted to run their version of big wagh. Just call it big moon lol

• Like 1

I don't know why, but for some reason these new minis seem different to me.
Like, they aren't what I'm used to. It's like the last five years' releases, but the details toned up by 11. Same with the leaked 40k Guard stuff and CoS renders.
I may be a bit optimistic, but I'm sorta expecting a similar jump in quality that we got in the 2016-2021 era, where Chaos mortal releases went from weirdly proportioned heroic scale to closer to true scale and hella more detailed.

And hey, maybe I'll be able to get some absolutely amazing (probably sadly resin) new Yeomen for my Bretons/Greywater Canton Militia in 2-3 years time that'll absolutely knock these out of the park 😛 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jetlife said:

I love this idea. Gitz could handle a Warclans style book. You can mix everything up or unlock more specific abilities. You could have regular goblins, Your jaws of Mork squig, trolls, and then spider/forest gitz. Giving people the opportunity to dive all the way into one or collect em all!!  From experience I love Squigs and the trolls.

Everything else is blah to me. So I would love to be able to dive into one of those fully and feel they are supported enough with own set of rules, while still allowing me to mix in other things of I wanted to run their version of big wagh. Just call it big moon lol

Spiderfang is already a subfaction, just nobody uses it because the models are ancient and the rules are the worst in all of AoS. At least the Arachnarok aged well imho, they should just up the cost with 100 points and make it scary again. But i think they will do this in the next tome for sure. Seen the same thing with some other bigger models this edition. 

Would love a wave of models for Spiderfang as they are the first models i ever bought and still love.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • LOVE IT! 1

42 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

I don't know why, but for some reason these new minis seem different to me.
Like, they aren't what I'm used to. It's like the last five years' releases, but the details toned up by 11. Same with the leaked 40k Guard stuff and CoS renders.
I may be a bit optimistic, but I'm sorta expecting a similar jump in quality that we got in the 2016-2021 era, where Chaos mortal releases went from weirdly proportioned heroic scale to closer to true scale and hella more detailed.

And hey, maybe I'll be able to get some absolutely amazing (probably sadly resin) new Yeomen for my Bretons/Greywater Canton Militia in 2-3 years time that'll absolutely knock these out of the park 😛 

Yeah I'm definitely feeling that jump in quality as well. I remember being blown away by the end times and early AoS  but now it's just recently there's been a slight jump up again. 

1 hour ago, Jetlife said:

Gloomspite had a great wave and I'm still seeing them as popular enough for another.

Dualkit spear grots and shooty grots to roundoff moonclan/squigs

Spiderfang updated models and a new foot grots. Updated spider doom diver? Maybe wolf riders?

I'm starting to see the love  of Trolls now! Don't want them to be their own faction just feel their too dumb! But some forest trolls with spider pets to round off spider fang nicely

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Wow I think I might throw down for an actual Underworlds boxset and I will gift the Dead to my Cousin. This is amazing looking and I see a nice assortment of Hero models to lead my Warcry warbands in AOS.

Who am i kidding with Slaves to Darkness Christmas and some rumoured 40k Battleforces that suit my fancy this is going to be a pricey year

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Wow I think I might throw down for an actual Underworlds boxset and I will gift the Dead to my Cousin. This is amazing looking and I see a nice assortment of Hero models to lead my Warcry warbands in AOS.

Who am i kidding with Slaves to Darkness Christmas and some rumoured 40k Battleforces that suit my fancy this is going to be a pricey year

The Tzeentch battletome drops this week, we have a boatload of Chaos and Death stuff inbound, and who knows what else GW has planned for Warcry. 

in short: this holiday season is gonna kill wallets, especially if they raise prices due to the pound collapsing.

• LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

The logo on the graveguard shield is the same one as on the Warcry map as deadfang tower. So they do share the same map. (Cant use some fancy paint work as im on my phone at the moment, maybe someone can)

MATE THAT IS AN EXCELLENT CATCH!!

3 hours ago, CDM said:

Absolutely inockong their side games out the park atm with warcry, necromunda and underworlds.

Overwhelmingly positive responses to the grave guard. They are truly stunning and does exactly what it should now I need to know more about Velmorns kingdom!

Since the Darkoath cheiftan from silver tower I've been living all the Darkoath models and honestly they should just retire the marauders kit now! I know people think of generic barbarians but personally I love that. I've never had that aesthetic in game that I've played before 

2 x Darkoath warbands for underworlds and the warcry set make I nice little core. He nearly wish they would of split Darkoath of from slaves to darkness and made them the spiritual successor to Norsca from TWW.  Howdah backed mammoth, skin wolves, chaos troops please  for a darkoath battletome!

For me the various Darkoath have been the best Chaos minis that GW has released recently. I just love the aesthetic!!

1 hour ago, CDM said:

I'm starting to see the love  of Trolls now! Don't want them to be their own faction just feel their too dumb! But some forest trolls with spider pets to round off spider fang nicely

Yes join the Troggoth uprising!!

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

in short: this holiday season is gonna kill wallets, especially if they raise prices due to the pound collapsing.

Honestly I think it'll kill sales before wallets if they think they can raise prices again. I've been waiting to see what the Christmas boxes are to get more of the new Thunderstrike kits. I will not be paying more than last year's prices for it though.

If that happens the most they'd get out of me is the Seraphon warcry warband, bought from a secondary seller or LGS.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

For me the various Darkoath have been the best Chaos minis that GW has released recently. I just love the aesthetic!!

As someone that is in love with Sauron/General Kael/Evil Knight side of S2D I am one hundred percent on board with the recent cultists and particularly the Dark Oath. I honestly feel like they should be spun off into a unique army and I am the one suggesting all the soups on this thread.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Twisted Firaun said:

BY LONG LOST NEHEKHARA AND MYSTERIOUS ARABY THOSE GRAVEGUARD ARE WONDERFUL!!! The dark oath band are also absolutely wonderful as well. I might have to buy extras of the death band so that I can spread them throughout my army……

On Reddit it got like 950 likes or something, which is really good. Shows that people love the classic stuff. They're IMO even better than the already great Ulfenkarn skeletons... Soulblight are one sexy faction.

• Like 4