The Rumour Thread

17 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Save stacking has a mechanic counter: High Rend (we already passed the -3 rend some months ago, just print -5 in some profiles and we already to go).

Ward is so good because it's another save "after" Save + Save-stacking, and can even block the "can't be blocked" attacks.

I don't have any problem with both concepts, if they are integrated in to the whole game. But the main issue is that we only have a few subfactions and some random units using the full potential of both mechanics (both saves and their counters), and that's why some people feel that they are "breaking" the rules instead of being "part" of the rules.

I understand that. The whole thing was coming off of that new lumineth rule seemingly ignoring wards and how it could be in forth.

I proposed a method that would lessen the impact of ward saves (although I got the name wrong. It would be the equivalent of 40k invul saves. Though I did mention that it got really messy.)

14 hours ago, novakai said:

basically they upped MW too much last edition that now higher ward saves are needed on your crucial pieces but then it makes stuff to tanky again that they now need units with anti wards to offset it.

I would like some higher ward saves on my crucial pieces but have no idea where to get these from. This "problem" with ward-ignoring attacks seems exaggerated - AoS has a lot of 6+ wards, some 5+ wards and occasional 4+ wards here and there. The Windchargers ability can be wasted just as often as it proves useful. There is a reason why Drakkfoot Bonespliterz are not the "go to" faction.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Rachmani said:

The whole thing was coming off of that new lumineth rule seemingly ignoring wards

So we are starting the 40K arms-race of idiocity it seems: Bullets that ignore wards. Wards that ignore Bullets that ignore Warding effects. Bullets that ignore effects that ignore this bullet’s ignoration of wards and so on.

I really don’t miss playing AoS.

Edited by JackStreicher

23 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

I don't see any warband box with cards "Sold Out Online".

The UK store has many of the Warbands sold out online including both the ones on the Warcry page (with cards) and in the Slaves to Darkness (the double model packs with no cards). 

I hope its just a repack since they've not advertised them going "last chance" nor "range rotation" and I've still not picked up the Unmade I want

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JackStreicher said:

So we are starting the 40K arms-race of idiocity it seems: Bullets that ignore wards. Wards that ignore Bullets that ignore Warding effects. Bullets that ignore effects that ignore this bullet’s ignoration of wards and so on.

I really don’t miss playing AoS.

No? There have been abilities that ignore wards long before this one, this is no indication that we're suddenly getting wards that negate ward negation.

I'm actually really confused why people are so up in arms about this rule other than maybe that it is on Lumineth and there is always severe amounts of panic around anything Lumineth does.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 7

6 minutes ago, Mattrulesok said:

No? There have been abilities that ignore wards long before this one, this is no indication that we're suddenly getting wards that negate ward negation.

I'm actually really confused why people are so up in arms about this rule other than maybe that it is on Lumineth and there is always severe amounts of panic around anything Lumineth does.

It's the same old see a snippet of a rule and proclaim the sky is falling without any context or seeing the rest of the rules. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Mattrulesok said:

You’re absolutely correct. Abilities that ignore wards (or the equivalent older wording of the save) have been around since the first warclans book (so about three years at this point). As well as bonesplittaz, we also have OBR, Slaanesh, Fyreslayers, KO and Kruleboys with artefacts, spells or a particular hero that can do the same thing. Not to mention the quicksilver blades available to anyone who has a wizard. 

I’m looking forward to seeing what they do with the rest of the temple units- temple themed armies are pretty terrible at the moment and I’ve heard they’re getting a decent boost. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Fellman said:

*Happy Mummy noises* Alhamdulillah the battletome comes! I managed to score the Tzeentch half of arcane cataclysm for a decent price on eBay and it arrive on Saturday. If I bounce my focus between that and school, I’ll have an epic army when the book drops.

• LOVE IT! 1

21 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

LRL article and DOT article this week, almost definitely up for Pre Order next weekend!!

Who knows, with the Ogor article last week we may have a triple threat release.

Tomorrow's article is going to be interesting, if it's gargants we might see them all arrive same time?

Although I think more likely just tzeentch and Lumineth 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

13 hours ago, chosen_of_khaine said:

Actually, looking at it zoomed in more, that definitely looks like the quiver, elbow, bow, etc. of the Hurakan Spirit of the Wind...sadly.

It totally does. The angle is a little off here, but looks about right. However it's way bigger than the Spirit that's actually on the board in front of it. Maybe it's on the background artwork itself and they just didn't cover it up enough?

https://imgur.com/7RU60Is

Screen Shot 2022-09-15 at 10.25.30 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-15 at 10.26.47 AM.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Mattrulesok said:

It's the first time this ability appears on an actually popular unit. The rule was bad before, slapping it onto more Units makes matters worse. - AoS has been copying way too many rules from 40K anyways. Yet 40K is a prime example of how one should not write rules.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

It's the first time this ability appears on an actually popular unit. The rule was bad before, slapping it onto more Units makes matters worse. - AoS has been copying way too many rules from 40K anyways. Yet 40K is a prime example of how one should not write rules.

Bro, Windchargers are not a popular unit. Literally no one uses them ever. Now maybe they'll be better in the new tome, but as for all of LRL history up to this point, they've been the polar opposite of popular.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

21 minutes ago, novakai said:

Well at least you can’t use destiny dice on the Gaunt ability as you would be consistently able to one shot sigvald level and other big heroes but man you can ruin someone day with that ability lol 

I like that the ability is close range and can only work against a hero who has actively attacked the Gaunt Summoner in some way. Yes, it can ruin somebody's day, but the opposing player can avoid it by just throwing units at the GS instead of heroes, or just killing them outright (they're a fairly fragile hero, as I recall.)

• Like 1