The Rumour Thread

If we go by the narrative, the Dawnbringer Crusades are a campaign in which settlers from the Cities of Sigmar go out to found new cities, reclaim wilderness and spread civilization. We know that at least Kharadron Overlords, but most likely all the Order factions, are assisting them in this endeavour.

In game terms, that doesn't necessarily mean they have to be anything mechanically concrete. They can just be narrative backdrop for the current edition.

• Like 3

I think people are thinking that when cities of sigmar gets a new battletome they will be renamed dawnbringer crusades and focus mainly on humans. 

While I think they will still be called cities of sigmar and include non humans as they do now but some new human models will be focused on those taking part in dawnbringer crusades. 

That's my take on it. 

• Like 4

In the reveal when they were first announced (Warhammer Fest?) I thought they said explicitly that it would be human-centric.  I don't think that means human exclusive, but my guess is that the new sculpts will be all or nearly all human models.  Maybe you'll still be able to bring in dispossessed and aelfs.  

If it's more pan-Order, that would be cool, too.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ferban said:

In the reveal when they were first announced (Warhammer Fest?) I thought they said explicitly that it would be human-centric.  I don't think that means human exclusive, but my guess is that the new sculpts will be all or nearly all human models.  Maybe you'll still be able to bring in dispossessed and aelfs.  

If it's more pan-Order, that would be cool, too.  

The reveal talked about cities of sigmar project, not dawnbringer crusade.

dbc is a pan-order lore event joint by multiple order factions.

Edited by Whitefang
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

The reveal talked about cities of sigmar project, not dawnbringer crusade.

dbc is a pan-order lore event joint by multiple order factions.

It sounds like a Wrath of the Everchosen book to me

Edited by Nezzhil
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, zamerion said:

Since lately GW looks at mark gibbons artworks...

1309164224_Cham3Fn_Goblin_Silvano_en_Ara3Fa_por_Mark_Gibbons(1).jpg.9275b6c516c1d65762380d491918af46.jpg

Please.

I'd love it, always loved his evil laugh but someone would cry foul on grounds of cultural approximation nowadays if they turned that piece into a mini. 😂

• Haha 3

44 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

I think people are thinking that when cities of sigmar gets a new battletome they will be renamed dawnbringer crusades and focus mainly on humans. 

While I think they will still be called cities of sigmar and include non humans as they do now but some new human models will be focused on those taking part in dawnbringer crusades. 

That's my take on it. 

I wonder if Dawn Bringers could just be an additional sub-faction like one of the free cities when the new Cities of Sigmar Battletome is released. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, MitGas said:

I'd love it, always loved his evil laugh but someone would cry foul on grounds of cultural approximation nowadays if they turned that piece into a mini. 😂

Too true @MitGas, too true. 
Meanwhile, in non Warhammer related fiction, if any faction is set in the desert and is religious they’re nearly always fundamentalists in the wrong…..

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Well, everyone seems to be making some grounded and realistic guess for next week. So Imma try fill the void.

AoS

Sigmar, If Horus Heresy can have Horus, then Age of Sigmar can have Sigmar. Sorted. And as extras, Malerion, Grombrindal, Orion, and Ushoran. And I’m holding back here because what I want is full blown return for the Old World with full timeline explored, all Several Thousand years.

Horus Heresy

Horus Ascended, I actually really really want a Super Horus model quite badly. I heard Valrak and some others actually say this was in thenworks. I think we're probably a long way off, but a small wip head photo like they used to to do when they were still Cool. 

It’s probably World Eaters Showcase or Votan Catwalk. I reckon World Eaters have some cool leftfield units besides Berserkers and Ronnie. But if I was gonna shout loud enough for them to hear me then I want some of those Primarchs which are out doing things, Russ, Vulkan, Sleeping Beauty. The whole lot

Underworlds

Could be anything, but A couple of Kroxigors would hit the spot. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Too true @MitGas, too true. 
Meanwhile, in non Warhammer related fiction, if any faction is set in the desert and is religious they’re nearly always fundamentalists in the wrong…..

I experience a similar situation in a way sometimes, although I don't wanna paint myself as a victim here - as an Austrian, you obviously get the whole WW2 history thrown into your face at times. I don't take offense if it's funny or fictional, although it's annoying to get linked to things you weren't part of and basically are born with a second original sin so to speak. But ultimately, people in my experience mean less offense than one suspects with this, it's mostly just clumsy wording etc. Obviously WW2 Germany/Austria makes for great bad guys, we can't shake that. Definitely not the right place to discuss these things but I'm always a fan of not suspecting sinister motives or the worst and letting people get inspiration from such things - even from bad things. Then at least something good can come from them. 

@Whitefang and @Grim Beastiesjoining in thr discussion this a fun time on the forum!

I am looking forward to next week's reveals but I am at the busiest point in my job and will likely miss on the reveals.

As such I shall forgo speculation and post pure hopes:

40k - full squats and Dark Mech or Exodites

HH - Something that isn't a space marine or tank... maybe a jet...?

Underworlds - Khorne Warband and the first two fighters of the next edition. Grotbag scuttled vs a chaos dwarf

AOS - Malerion tease and the Destruction times.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2

So it looks like a bit of confusion has been caused by people treating Dawnbreakers and the Cities of Sigmar revamp as the same thing. 

It's probably important to make a distinction between the multi faction lore backdrop that is the Dawnbreakers and the upcoming cities refresh.  While it would be cool to get a wrath of the everchosen style Dawnbreakers book that gave interesting ways to combine the order factions, the big concern is whether the likes of The Dispossessed, the Ironweld arsenal and the wanderers will disappear. 

If there's one thing I'd like to see next week is some clarity on this point. Even if there aren't any new models for Duardin and Aelves, I really hope they remain part of the faction. 

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 4

Couple of things looking at the Warcry 2.0 Seraphon section. 

First. Chameleon skinks are not present while in hindsight this seems obvious because there's a new warband coming out. I'm curious if this is a way of trying to figure out what is coming potentially for other factions. 

Second. Skinks with Boltspitters and Shields are no longer an option. I wonder if this was left out for balance reasons or potentially to that load out being left out in the upcoming Battletome. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DinoJon said:

Couple of things looking at the Warcry 2.0 Seraphon section. 

First. Chameleon skinks are not present while in hindsight this seems obvious because there's a new warband coming out. I'm curious if this is a way of trying to figure out what is coming potentially for other factions. 

Second. Skinks with Boltspitters and Shields are no longer an option. I wonder if this was left out for balance reasons or potentially to that load out being left out in the upcoming Battletome. 

Both profiles never existed before so it is not a change from the previous edition.

• Like 1

My thoughts on what might be revealed.

40k - I’m expecting a reveal of some Astra Militarum stuff, a narrative campaign with supporting terrain and maybe the some of the new Leagues stuff. I think there will be a big focus on 40K as it’s the Nova Open. We may see a full reveal of World Eater stuff but not sure. I’m fairly confident the next edition of 40K is geared up to go but I’m not sure what will happen next year considering the current insanity in UK (with out mentioning energy issues, there have been strikes at ports which would disrupt things for the next few months).

AOS - Honestly, I’m expecting it to be focused on Realmlords and Disciples with maybe a destruction reveal. We might see a another look at the new slaves book. I’d love to see something new rather than updates but I think that’s where we are at moment. Again disruption over last few years has probably caused all this ☹️ 

Heresy - I’m expecting the Horus ascended reveal as well as a campaign book. Also more of a shift of kits moving from resin to plastic, so maybe bikes or jump pack troops. 

Underworlds - new warbands. I think we will see two reveals. There seems a general shift towards smaller games at the moment and I think they may show off some more stuff 

Of course I could be completely wrong. Now the question is do I stay up to watch it? 🤣

• Like 1

I know we are a AoS forum but with all this talk of Horus Ascended at what point do GW release a model and rules for The Master Of Mankind? 💩

Personally not getting my hopes up for the AoS side of Nova. As others have said it's most likely going to be nothing actually new and/or earth shattering. I'd like to be wrong though.

As @Gaz Taylor mentiond Im expecting bare minimum for AOS. LRL and DOT Tome reveals and the announcement of the 2 Destruction Tomes. 

We are living in strange times and the knock effects of Covid and Cost of Living are at the forefront. 

That being said I am dissapointed that AOS will probably take the back seat once again. 18 months of slow releases is a mighty pain.*

*I know we are still getting Tomes which is excellent.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Hello all,

My predictions for Nova Open (I hope I'm wrong and have a little more than this list but I'm not optimistic) :

40k : full reveal for Leagues of Votann. Maybe a glimpse of the Astra Militarum (but I doubt it). Release of World Eaters is still too far away.

30k : I don't care (although I like lore of this period). An endless river of marines and marines tanks...

AoS : Tzeentch and Lumineth Battletomes. Perhaps a preview of the Destruction tome(s). In my dreams, new info for Cities of Sigmar.

Underworlds: We already know this. Thanks to @Norray !

In summary, the crossing of desert for AoS continues... While the 3rd edition was released barely a year ago, what major release do we have (excluding Stormcasts/Krulboyz) ?

Nothing (when I say major release, I mean many new miniatures kits for an army).

We will have to wait until this winter to be entitled to it. After around 17/18 months. What consideration from GW for AoS... (I know there is covid and a global transport crisis but that doesn't explain everything in my opinion).

• Sad 1

My only doubt is that there’s nothing to reveal for those tomes (that we’re aware of)? They’re unlikely to even have new cover art? I don’t know how you make a 10-15 min feature or segment out of that for the show. 

So either:

—they ‘reveal’ those tomes alongside something new and exciting for them (cool!)

—they ‘reveal’ them alongside more AoS stuff like the Destruction tomes — dreamy

—they just announce that LRL and DoT are coming (because as this point it’s not even really a reveal) and we have 10 mins of them taking about… rules?

34 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

We are living in strange times and the knock effects of Covid and Cost of Living are at the forefront. 

That being said I am dissapointed that AOS will probably take the back seat once again. 18 months of slow releases is a mighty pain.*

*I know we are still getting Tomes which is excellent.

It’s frustrating and I suspect there’s a few factors that have been mentioned but also they have been advertising for game designers, so I think behind the scenes things are also happening. I would love to see lots of new models but I think they have shifted into this holding pattern because of things outside of their control.

17 minutes ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

My only doubt is that there’s nothing to reveal for those tomes (that we’re aware of)? They’re unlikely to even have new cover art? I don’t know how you make a 10-15 min feature or segment out of that for the show. 

I think they can do that quite easily personally! You can showcase the books, talk a little bit about the changes and you can easily take up that time. It’s possible you add a sneaky teaser at the end as well 😁

24 minutes ago, Draznak said:

We will have to wait until this winter to be entitled to it. After around 17/18 months. What consideration from GW for AoS... (I know there is covid and a global transport crisis but that doesn't explain everything in my opinion).

Yeah I think there’s some other stuff going on. For example, you’re working on a couple of projects as a sculptor but you go off ill for a while. Yes somebody could pick up the work but that has a impact on what they are doing and so on. I think they’ve had a bit of that stuff going on (and probably people changing roles etc). Also with how far GW probably works ahead and you miss your slot for producing a kit, that has a impact as well. We will never know unless somebody internally with the info talks about it. I’m sure the AOS team are just as frustrated with the game getting it’s releases like this

• Like 1