The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, MitGas said:

In my misguided (and really inefficient, can't stress this enough) searches for wisdom and knowledge, I've come across the most evil, heinous and wrong thing I've ever seen. My soul still hurts from this sight. 

Stormcast Lumineth in Ultramarine colors! Pray ye forgotten castaways, for if this perversion inspires official fluff, there will only be one army in Warhammer to rule them all the release schedule. 😱

image.png.c60613a6e2b9955d49b1d8412e234d18.png

Looks quite nice to be fair!

• Like 3

No warcry or kill team is extremely disappointing.  I could understand Kill Team as the new box might not even be out at the time of the preview, but last week's warcry tease seemed to be the perfect set up for the Nova event and the next box should be out within GW's usual 3 month preview window. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

No Warcry then, huh?

I suppose the Khorne Underworlds guys and Tzeenzch/Lumineth tomes are guaranteed.  Let's hope for some Destruction news or a Dawnbringer Crusades update as well. Or a new Season of War.

Underworlds is Khorne warband AND next season. They changed the header again.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Chikout said:

No warcry or kill team is extremely disappointing.  I could understand Kill Team as the new box might not even be out at the time of the preview, but last week's warcry tease seemed to be the perfect set up for the Nova event and the next box should be out within GW's usual 3 month preview window. 

There is going to be kill team news this week according to the article yesterday and the Warcry box has just come out, I doubt they'll want to show the next one until this one has had time to breathe.

4 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

There is going to be kill team news this week according to the article yesterday and the Warcry box has just come out, I doubt they'll want to show the next one until this one has had time to breathe.

We know that GW’s rereleasing the Gellerpox Infected and Elucidian Starstriders boxes alongside the 2022 annual, and Warcry just had an awesome box drop. Let’s put those games on the back burner and focus on what’s coming for the two main games so that we can finally end the ridiculous amount of drip-fed squat news.

33 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

image.jpeg.0d4394a834cc59100c4e2ee1185ab056.jpeg

image.jpeg.695fef1788242d853e1923f70b402e49.jpeg

No Warcry is a crying shame. The next box will be within the next 3 month window and we know that Khorne is the last Underworlds Warband remaining.

This hopefully will have the Tzeentch and Lumineth Tomes alongside the next Destruction ones and whatever minis theyll contain.

Im tired of seeing Horus Heresy, lets move on to AOS.

• Like 3

Nice to have confirmation about Nova. Predictions ahead : 

- 40k : something (better pictures, big boxed set, centerpiece) for either League Of Votann, World Eaters, Imperial Guards.

- HH : more resin kits turned into nice plastic kits. 

- AOS : LRL, DOT battletomes (if they aren't shown sooner), HOPEFULLY the two Destructions ones (new Mega-Gargant variant and Spider Riders would be perfect), maybe a supplement akin to Season of War : Thondia ? I would love something about Cities Of Sigmar but I won't get my hopes up on this front...

- WHU : Khornate dudes and, with any luck, more than a simple teaser (model less) of the new Season. As @Nezzhil said, the logo changed again, so it's more than likely we'll get at least a video trailer of some sort (gold trim and stone-like background : CHAMON ?).

Strangely, I'm more interested in Warhammer Underworlds than anything else in this preview, even AOS. I guess because, after providing nice alternative sculpts (like Female Liberator) and missing Heroes (like Nurgle Sorcerer), it is now a true laboratory for new ideas and world building (just like WARCRY, whose absence I deeply regret).

• LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

image.jpeg.0d4394a834cc59100c4e2ee1185ab056.jpeg

image.jpeg.695fef1788242d853e1923f70b402e49.jpeg

This preview might be more interesting for WU players then rest of the fans. This might be new starter set (not new season, similar to one where they used push to fit stormcasts and nighthaunt) but this one will include some of season 1 warbands with updated cards (no new models). Hopefully it is not delayed yet again :) 

Edited by Norray
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Nice to have confirmation about Nova. Predictions ahead : 

- 40k : something (better pictures, big boxed set, centerpiece) for either League Of Votann, World Eaters, Imperial Guards.

- HH : more resin kits turned into nice plastic kits. 

- AOS : LRL, DOT battletomes (if they aren't shown sooner), HOPEFULLY the two Destructions ones (new Mega-Gargant variant and Spider Riders would be perfect), maybe a supplement akin to Season of War : Thondia ? I would love something about Cities Of Sigmar but I won't get my hopes up on this front...

- WHU : Khornate dudes and, with any luck, more than a simple teaser (model less) of the new Season. As @Nezzhil said, the logo changed again, so it's more than likely we'll get at least a video trailer of some sort (gold trim and stone-like background : CHAMON ?).

Strangely, I'm more interested in Warhammer Underworlds than anything else in this preview, even AOS. I guess because, after providing nice alternative sculpts (like Female Liberator) and missing Heroes (like Nurgle Sorcerer), it is now a true laboratory for new ideas and world building (just like WARCRY, whose absence I deeply regret).

@Whitefang did like my recent post about a new Seasons of War, in Gallet!! So hopefully that comes true.

I also, somehow had completely forgotten the KING BRODD rumour!! Hopefully we get to see whatever the new Mega kit is!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gitzdee said:

For some reason i expect GW to reveal something other than Spiderfang just because its in their nature to not do what people expect. 

Edit: Did we actually ever get a clue that Spiderfang could be next?

We don't know what the 2 destruction battletomes are.

Goblin spider riders, ogor butcher are top of people's wish lists but there are no solid rumours.

Whitefang hinted at a King Brood model which suggests one of the tomes is a Sons book.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Yknow, considering the LRL/DoT books are effectively already confirmed with the box in Pre order, my gut tells me they may not actually be the the big news at nova. I’m mean, why reveal something everyone already knows is coming like that, right?

i think the destro times are gonna be the big AoS announcement. I hope, anyway.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Sahrial said:

Yknow, considering the LRL/DoT books are effectively already confirmed with the box in Pre order, my gut tells me they may not actually be the the big news at nova. I’m mean, why reveal something everyone already knows is coming like that, right?

i think the destro times are gonna be the big AoS announcement. I hope, anyway.

I hope so too!! Though GW are very weird when it comes to announcements. 

We could get the whole Leagues range and Imperial Guard shown for 40K.

They could reveal 5 new plastic kits for HH.

And then they could turn around and try and act surprised that these are the Tomes for LRL and DOT and that could be all they show for AOS and act like its perfectly fine.

I thought the next Warcry Warband was a shoe in so for now Im tempering my expectations and assuming all we are getting shown are the 2 Tomes we know are coming.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I hope so too!! Though GW are very weird when it comes to announcements. 

We could get the whole Leagues range and Imperial Guard shown for 40K.

They could reveal 5 new plastic kits for HH.

And then they could turn around and try and act surprised that these are the Tomes for LRL and DOT and that could be all they show for AOS and act like its perfectly fine.

I thought the next Warcry Warband was a shoe in so for now Im tempering my expectations and assuming all we are getting shown are the 2 Tomes we know are coming.

My money is on the following being revealed next Wednesday/Thursday:

World Eaters: Full berzerker kit, new hero(es) such as the Berserker-surgeon mentioned in the White Dwarf, followed by fast attack and terminators.

Leagues of Votann: Full range and box (enough said).

Guard: New cadians, teaser of codex.

Misc/hopes: Dark Mechanicus teaser, Tau Empire

HH

New resin character.

Plastic Assault Marines.

Mk II Marines

Vehicle

upgrade kits

AOS

Chaos: Tzeentch Battletome (plus new units?), Khorne Underworlds team + new range teaser, Chorfs teaser.

Death: FEC update(?) and battle tome, Cursed Cities expansions, Warcry teaser.

Destruction: Ogors (battle tome) My Lord! SoB Battletome, Gloomspite Gitz teaser.

Order: Lumineth Battletome, Dawnbringers Crusade

General: Season of War: Thondia part II, Gork/Mork Boogaloo.

• LOVE IT! 1

10 hours ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

That's awesome! May the Crow grant you arcane knowledge and change the rolls in your favour, friend!

While waiting for the eventual Chaos Duardin, I'm pondering if I should start a Legion of the First Prince force and to dedicate myself to Be'lakor. Down with the Everchosen!

Although your choice of image made me try to think fitting ice cream flavours for each of the gods. I'm at blood-red strawberry for Khorne, rich and decadent chocolate for Slaanesh, slightly off vanilla for Nurgle and "OH MY GOODNESS WHY DID YOU POUR PEPSI IN THE FREEZER" for Tzeentch.

Thoughts?

I feel like Tzeentch as mint chocolate chip would look really cool!