The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I suppose if a new Skaven battletome was guaranteed before, it's now double-plus guaranteed.

I'm very curious what direction they go in for a Vanguard box. Do you go for a specific clan, or a mix? Either way, hoping it leads to some kind of internal coalition rule.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ahlambra said:

Do you figure that bodes well for the Skaven (and maybe Sylvaneth) rumour being true? There was a store listing about a repack for Dryads too right?

It practically confirm them. They only have done repackings with the new tomes so far. Its a matter of time for they to reveal the tome cover + duel box now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

New Rumour Engine.

gd0MnGpentIMjhQ4.jpg

Guessing it'll be for the Underworlds Witch Hunter warband?

I spy with my little eye: 

Chequers on the shaft.

That would usually be a 40k Orks thing. Is there anything AoS that uses them? It could be some new design theme, obviously.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Koala said:

I spy with my little eye: 

Chequers on the shaft.

That would usually be a 40k Orks thing. Is there anything AoS that uses them? It could be some new design theme, obviously.

Ironjawz Da Choppas warclan uses a blue and white checker pattern. I doubt it's them though, I can't imagine Ironjawz favoring a wooden mallet if they could make a metal one. Then again, could be an Underworlds Warband? It would be unusual to make one that wasn't Ironsunz.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Enoby said:

Glad we're back! :)

Also, for those who haven't already seen, the Incarnate and skeleton scenery are huge! The base is the same size as a Megagargant.

20220418_162404.jpg

Great work and thanks for the confirmation of the base size. I've been keeping an eye ebay, but as none have come up, I can use my Elemental Incarnate of Beasts as I'd already put him on a 130mm base. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OkayestDM said:

Ironjawz Da Choppas warclan uses a blue and white checker pattern. I doubt it's them though, I can't imagine Ironjawz favoring a wooden mallet if they could make a metal one. Then again, could be an Underworlds Warband? It would be unusual to make one that wasn't Ironsunz.

Checkered patterns were always linked to greenskins, in both system also.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Still-young said:

Well, it’s a shame the old Plague Monks are still around. 

I don't play Skaven, are they any good as a unit? Id say repacking is better than being discontinued. Personally I like lots of options for units in an army range. 

44 minutes ago, novakai said:

True but BB usually have their own rumor engines and don’t generally get showcase on the main weekly engines (at least not in recent memory)

Hm.. an unfinished chunk of log jammed on a ramshackle shaft screams comedic, low tech level, or not very bright. Grots spring to mind. Or Gargants actually. Could we be looking at a HUGE head of a club for a new gargant kit (or a character upgrade sprue). 

Or even that new mystery race we keep seeing with the 3 fingers and bone flute level technology

Edited by Gothmaug
more info
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, Gothmaug said:

I don't play Skaven, are they any good as a unit? Id say repacking is better than being discontinued. Personally I like lots of options for units in an army range. 

Yeah but it doesn’t bode well for a big range refresh, is what I’m getting at. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Gothmaug said:

Hm.. an unfinished chunk of log jammed on a ramshackle shaft screams comedic, low tech level, or not very bright. Grots spring to mind. Or Gargants actually. Could we be looking at a HUGE head of a club for a new gargant kit (or a character upgrade sprue). 

Or even that new mystery race we keep seeing with the 3 fingers and bone flute level technology

Now now dont get me worked up!!