The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Aussiemandias said:

I'm not overly familiar with how GW does stuff, but do things go "Sold Out Online" before put back on the store with a round based mini photo?

A bunch of Maneaters just had the random Sold Out Treatment. No rumours of AoS-ified Maneater box? (I lament for I did not have the female maneater sculpt) Excuse prices, je venir d'Australie...

Not trying to stir the (maw) pot, but usually this is a sign that the kit is due a revamp or is being removed, right?

image.png.8e1a875ff3c10192476d1ff14ac86692.png

They are resin, right? As long as there is one, I wouldn't expect the rest to coe back.

This Hunter Prime fix should really be temporary. Overpowered units should have their scrolls fixed or points in worst case. Interesting mechanic but it shouldn't be set in stone. Internal balance within battletome is as important as external compared to other battletomes.

34 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

This Hunter Prime fix should really be temporary. Overpowered units should have their scrolls fixed or points in worst case. Interesting mechanic but it shouldn't be set in stone. Internal balance within battletome is as important as external compared to other battletomes.

I dont know, i dont like this trend, they keep making patches on patches (like the double cp if you get DT'ed or the destroy objective on 3rd turn)

What makes aos so much different from 40k is its extremely easy rules and intuitive games

Making X victory points if you kill an OP unit its not interesting, au contraire, is literally the most boring rule you can come up with

13 hours ago, Beliman said:

I don't think it's a bad patch, but I hate bandaids. It reminds me of parasitic design mechanics from videogames (MMOs): patches that only last a few years (months?). That's one of the worst designs if you want an ongoing/seasoned game. Josh Strifes has a video that explains this type of design from a videogame pov:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwHJqXKwRKM

My main issue is that this patch should be part of the core game. Some units are perfectly to fit as Prime Hunters. Just not use this Battlescrolls as a bandaid, believe in what you do GW!!! 

Yes, and i hate the parasitic design so much xD

7 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

OZT8cm6XIEgE29IX.jpg.a1eeb719f1226acb9a6f545f46f2379e.jpg

Welcome back, Attilan Rough Riders!!

it is strange that having a segmented grenade styled grip makes something look inherently modern even though that could have been crafted historically. Either way I think it is 40k related and probably something Imperial Guard... but every time I make a guess about something related to 40k I am instantly corrected, because it is clearly some iconic weapon used by some unit that I should totally have heard of... oh this is clearly Inquisitor Igor Ironeye's prosthetic harpoon hand. 🧐

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

*Open WarCom site to check if there is a rumor enginee today. See the shadow of it on the article link*

"Oh cool, a spear! Probably a new AoS rumor enginee!"

*Actually open the article an see the picture*

"Oh never mind...."

• Haha 3

55 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

it is strange that having a segmented grenade styled grip makes something look inherently modern even though that could have been crafted historically. Either way I think it is 40k related and probably something Imperial Guard... but every time I make a guess about something related to 40k I am instantly corrected, because it is clearly some iconic weapon used by some unit that I should totally have heard of... oh this is clearly Inquisitor Igor Ironeye's prosthetic harpoon hand. 🧐

Not so much a grip as it is just an actual grenade, which explodes when you stab somebody with the lance. It is indeed an iconic (and utterly ridiculous) weapon used by the Imperial Guard, specifically the Rough Riders. Well predicted!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Kadeton said:

Not so much a grip as it is just an actual grenade, which explodes when you stab somebody with the lance. It is indeed an iconic (and utterly ridiculous) weapon used by the Imperial Guard, specifically the Rough Riders. Well predicted!

There is even somewhat of a historical basis for the concept of a grenade-lance. It's called a lunge mine and is a WWII era anti-tank weapon. They didn't catch on because they were basically suicide weapons, though.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

I came here to say exactly this lol, no way it isn't redone Rough Riders... That or part of the Ash Wastes, since Mad Max also had some fire lances. I'm honestly disappointed, Rough Riders were always the weakest part of Guard to me, and exploding spears feels like the perfect dwarf weapon. 

6 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

I came here to say exactly this lol, no way it isn't redone Rough Riders... That or part of the Ash Wastes, since Mad Max also had some fire lances. I'm honestly disappointed, Rough Riders were always the weakest part of Guard to me, and exploding spears feels like the perfect dwarf weapon. 

Strongly considering a Demigryph Knight conversion of grenade-lance knights on AdMech mechanical horses right now.

Edited by Neil Arthur Hotep
  • LOVE IT! 3

2 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

You could even make them an elite Greywater Fastness unit that gets to test new weapons tech!

I do have bunch of leftover Helstorm rockets lying around right now that could work as a spear tip. Gyrobomber bombs, as well, actually. I think I might have to give this some serious consideration, it would fit right into my homebrew city.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Matrindur said:

Sold out Online also happens when they get reboxed into the new 3.0 box design but that would mean they are getting a new book soon

Those are all resin models, they're definitely not getting reboxed. That said, nothing seems to be sold out yet in the US at least. Worth keeping an eye on I guess.

1 hour ago, Kadeton said:

That is the most hilariously 40k thing I have ever heard... thanks for the info and I am glad to have finally gotten a 40k prediction seemingly correct. 😄

• Like 1

Well with the recent range rotation of the 40K resin model, it possible they are  starting to cutting down on the finecast resin model production for their main range, man eater existing as multiple models probably made them easier to cut but that just my theory.

18 hours ago, yukishiro1 said:

Warscroll changes > point adjustments > this weird handicap system where you get compensated for having bad overpriced units by getting extra points for killing your opponent's busted underpriced units. 

I actually think points are the worst methodology of balancing. Things are either worth their points in a tight band or not. Ignoring obviously severely undercoated. 5,10,15 or even 20 points won't be the difference between a unit that does its job reliably and one that sometimes does its job being selected. 

Similarly the community hates units that don't do their jobs. So we have to accept that to some degree we want units we can count on. 

The room between does its job and can be managed is so narrow that I think looking for innovative ways to increase global risk to taking the units we want to take is wise.

Lastly the community is strongly biased towards the game being a variety of units that do things rather than including units that stop things happening. That has its own balance pressure. And is ultimately responsible for the power projection meta we currently occupy.

My initial reaction to the battlepack was "this is silly", but after some thought I think this is a more correct move than the community is giving it credit for.

• Like 2