The Rumour Thread

On 3/2/2022 at 12:02 PM, Neverchosen said:

This will happen with every single army. Either everyone sees the previews and assumes the army is utterly broken based on a few rules or has been nerfed and is unplayable. Even after the release people are upset when the book is in hand. But once it is on the tabletop the opinions become more nuanced and based on actual experience. 

Excluding Slaanesh players who got their cheeks clapped like a latex drum when their terrible battletome dropped. Now we have to wait for what is likely a very long time to hopefully get our broken book fixed. Or, maybe GW will wise up and actually drop the points on our overpriced units, but I doubt it. 

Edited by AngryPanda
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Malakithe said:

Nope. Rumored Guard refresh. Specifically Kasrkin, Vets/Command squad, or HQs

My rule of thumb: If it isn't Chaos Dwarves, Kharadron, Fyreslayers, Disposessed, Valaya dwarves or Halflings, it must be Squats.

Hasn't steered me right so far.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, AngryPanda said:

This will happen to most armies***** Excluding Slaanesh players who got their cheeks spanked like a latex drum when their terrible battletome dropped. Now we have to wait for what is likely a very long time to hopefully get our broken book fixed. Or, maybe GW will wise up and actually drop the points on our overpriced units, but I doubt it. 

They‘d need a revamp in the WD:

new Slaangor Warscroll, siginificantly weakened summoning, then reduced points

• Like 2

9 hours ago, AngryPanda said:

This will happen to most armies***** Excluding Slaanesh players who got their cheeks clapped like a latex drum when their terrible battletome dropped. Now we have to wait for what is likely a very long time to hopefully get our broken book fixed. Or, maybe GW will wise up and actually drop the points on our overpriced units, but I doubt it. 

I'll take almost anything at this point. Which in context of the discussion feels appropriate, sort of. 😏

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Sound Logic? Well, I never!

Back to the chaos dwarf vampirate discussion, as seen with this clear AOS compass:
iBDCoyKtRhXFOt9b.jpg

Chaos dwarf fidgitator harness cannon furnace engine flundulator.

Failing that a silent person pericobobulator or a Lumineth seating device / ear wax remover-massager.

• Haha 2

ok i got more data... and in line with every reveal they are more nerfs.

turtle increased by 175p....lost mortals on charge,  but ranged dmg increased to d3dmg and rider spear got 1 rend.

tank eels cant inorove his armor, every eel atack were merged into 6 atacks of 3/3/-1/1dmg. and increased to 200p.

melee avatar aura now only afect riders. not mounts. and now 12" instead 18"...

akhelian aura deleted from rerolls 1s to +1 hit only in 9".

confirmed fuethan rules are only the joke previewed in warcom. no more rerolls on ebb or reroll wounds.

i can be a cryer but cant uderstand why a midd tier army as idk only is getting so many nerfs. only positivve changes were the namarti changes in fury box, and im sure ill see in future rumours that those scrolls will be nerfed too

Edited by Kitsumy
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Kitsumy said:

turtle increased by 175p....lost mortals on charge,  but ranged dmg increased to d3dmg and rider spear got 1 rend.

tank eels cant inorove his armor, every eel atack were merged into 6 atacks of 3/3/-1/1dmg. and increased to 200p.

confirmed fuethan rules are only the joke previewed in warcom. no more rerolls on ebb or reroll wounds.

i can be a cryer but cant uderstand why a midd tier army as idk only is getting so many nerfs. only positivve changes were the namarti changes in fury box, and im sure ill see in future rumours that those scrolls will be nerfed too

Well, the hell

what about Lotann, the Soulrender, the King and the Soul Scryer?

1 hour ago, Kitsumy said:

Care to share your source?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kitsumy said:

*snip*

As Liquidsteel has said, do you know if the data you have is accurate (like a full battletome leak) or is it just speculation? While I have no doubt it could be true, I'm just concerned it might be someone trying to stir the pot.

3 hours ago, Kitsumy said:

Let's chill.

Reducing rerolls is a trend of 3.0 books. No reason to start freaking out. 

I have big faith Idoneth will be a strong and viable army.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

maybe, but it seems only namarti will be viables on new tome. and i think none started to collect idoneth to play only blind baldy elves.i want be able to play baldys AND fishes, not only eels or only baldys. in fact tome was perfect rigth now, after fury of the deep box but before this tome. we were mid tier army, but every unit on book was playable and fun. 

first time i would prefer to keep my 1.0 tome over a new one :( that says how hyped new nerfed tome got me

Bring on the changes, make it a new army to learn to use again, to find the synergies and hopefully we'll see lots of different army lists. 

Same goes for the fyreslayers. 

These are new books, time to forget the old and embrace the new. 

I just wish people would wait to get the whole picture and stop crying the sky is falling over a few snippets and here say. 

Stormcast, orruks and nurgle are all doing fine in the 'meta' and I've no doubt fyreslayers and deepkin will do as well. 

I'm looking forward to getting this weekend over as deepkin and fyreslayers won't be rumours anymore and the moaning will go away (until the next books come out and the cycle starts again!). 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

6 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Bring on the changes, make it a new army to learn to use again, to find the synergies and hopefully we'll see lots of different army lists. 

Same goes for the fyreslayers. 

These are new books, time to forget the old and embrace the new. 

I just wish people would wait to get the whole picture and stop crying the sky is falling over a few snippets and here say. 

Stormcast, orruks and nurgle are all doing fine in the 'meta' and I've no doubt fyreslayers and deepkin will do as well. 

I'm looking forward to getting this weekend over as deepkin and fyreslayers won't be rumours anymore and the moaning will go away (until the next books come out and the cycle starts again!). 

I'm personally tired of people acting as if everything is going to be awesome without knowing the whole picture. 😛

Seriously though, it is a rumours thread. Of course there will be speculation and reactions.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, pnkdth said:

I'm personally tired of people acting as if everything is going to be awesome without knowing the whole picture. 😛

Seriously though, it is a rumours thread. Of course there will be speculation and reactions.

Touché 😂😂😂

Personally I couldn't give two hoots about the rules, no matter how bad they may be it won't stop me painting awesome models, throwing some dice with friends and having a laugh. 

I understand some do however. 

Rules come and go, models and memories stick around. 

Edited by Ogregut
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Kitsumy said:

i can be a cryer but cant uderstand why a midd tier army as idk only is getting so many nerfs. 

I'm not suggesting a Nerf is warranted.  Cause I think IDK need to stay at around their current win rate.  But they aren't strictly mid-tier right now.

Since the December FAQ, IDK have the 3rd highest win rate (out of 28 factions).  It's an important stat, but it is a relatively small sample size.  So if we take the whole of 3rd edition instead, they move to 7th out of 28.   3% behind the LRL Win Rate.

What IDK really need (and I'm not sure if GW are clever enough to do it), is to be less oppressive vs. the lower tier armies, but do better vs. the top 5-6 armies. Currently IDK absolutely DOMINATE the lower tier armies, but they have a sub-par WR vs. the higher tier pack.  If they could be re-balanced to compete vs. the top end, but not be so disgusting to the bottom end, that would be ideal.

Essentially, IDK is a faction that *could* afford to drop in power and would still be considered solid.  I wouldn't want to see that though, it's just worth bearing in mind, that they aren't in the kind of position that Fyreslayers, or Ogor Mawtribes are ... where a reduction in power would take them tumbling into the very bottom of the pile.

Edited by Celadoor
  • Like 6

winrate is the most useless stat for me in competitive, even the best army who win every game will round up to 50% for mirror matches etc.

tourney wons is the important stat. and on last 2 months even with new op namartis idk got 0 5 wins, and even on 4wins they are around 10th, sure an army with more players will get more wins since they are playing more matches, but same can be said about winrate. most played armys will go torward 50% win for mirror and since more unknowledge or "bad" players will play them and loose, in contratst factions with low numbers of players are usually exerienced players that should win more in average that thypical guy who goes torward "fotm" armies. 

per example SC havent a high winrate, but won like 70% tourneys, so they are balanced rigth?

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Ogregut said:

Stormcast, orruks

They are definitely not fine. They are damn near forced or shoehorned into a single style of play and single list build. Kruelboyz are meh at best. Bonesplitterz...are they even a faction now? And IJ can only play with piggies. Stormcast have maybe 5 good units in a book that has more units then the next few factions combined....and then look at Slaanesh. How did those changes work out? 

So people have legit reasons and should be allowed to be upset. Im not liking how Fyreslayers are looking. Im not hopeful at all.  That outlook could change if the whole book works together sure but so far the pieces of the puzzle are not adding up to a good picture. In fact its looking like the same style of list and builds, HGB spam, will be the only viable option again.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Malakithe said:

They are definitely not fine. They are damn near forced or shoehorned into a single style of play and single list build. Kruelboyz are meh at best. Bonesplitterz...are they even a faction now? And IJ can only play with piggies. Stormcast have maybe 5 good units in a book that has more units then the next few factions combined....and then look at Slaanesh. How did those changes work out? 

So people have legit reasons and should be allowed to be upset. Im not liking how Fyreslayers are looking. Im not hopeful at all.  That outlook could change if the whole book works together sure but so far the pieces of the puzzle are not adding up to a good picture. In fact its looking like the same style of list and builds, HGB spam, will be the only viable option again.

That just sounds like a general downward adjustment in power level to me? If you're saying that every 3rd edition book is weaker than what came before aside from one specific build that can still compete at the top level, that seems like a decent way to keep power creep in check. GW can keep doing that until the problem ("S-tier") armies get renewed and similarly reduced in power, and then go back and adjust a few units in each book - pigs, Longstrikes, Fulminators, HGBs, etc - and then the overall rebalance is finished with a lower baseline.

I'm not really crediting GW with that much foresight, but if the general trend is that power is down, that seems like a deliberate pattern... and a good thing, IMO. Nobody's going to stop you being upset, but getting worked up about it sure sounds like a lot of effort for no gain.