The Rumour Thread

With Endless Spells regularly going out-of-stock for long periods on the webstore and the lack of Soulblight Endless Spells despite Warhammer Vampires always having been powerful with magic, I'd put it down to Covid-related issues getting things shipped from China more than anything else and perhaps GW wanting to move more in-house on that front.

Genestealer Cults had their faction terrain straight up yanked out of the codex this month, which seemed odd when it was a relatively new model in an army that was already severely lacking in it.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Durgin said:

They really invested a few budget on them, I think the rumor of two new FS units at this point can be discarded...

Still got a month and multiple “New Model Mondays” before it hits. Could get Fyrequeens “short stack” unit the leakers hinted at.

The second unit may have been the Flamekeeper himself.

Also I agree about the Brexit & China situation messing up Endless Spells and Terrain with GW wanting to move away from that. Could be why the new Life Flood is causing capering elementals to appear in the Realms. Foreshadow of a new kind of Endless Spell in the future when they’re ready.

• Like 1

Another DoK book? lmao, truly GW either loves that faction or wants to punish its playerbase
Can't say it isn't funny that let alone new units, FS can't even get a new cover. I wonder if the NH one might be a placeholder or error since it seems like they'll get enough new stuff to merit a cover with the new things.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Maogrim said:

Huh. Reused battle tome covers are really weird, and if I were a Fyreslayer player I'd get the strong impression that GW doesn't care too much about the faction. 

Daughters are also really unexpected, but I'm also glad because it means they probably won't get souped. And the cover looks really awesome! 

Also Era of the Beast is clearly not Era of Destruction. Really bummed out for all Ogor fans. 😐

Yes,7 years with 0 new non hero units even if we are the aos faction with less units and we got nothing new.

Middle\bottom tier in 3.0 and we get new scrolls nerfing every unit into the ground

And now the last detaill,a tome with old cover,only gives us the impression of 0 effort toward the tome and no hope of get fixed the mess that was done with the news scrolls

21 minutes ago, Magnusaur said:

Roadmap, hooray! Can we let up on the soupspiracy for a bit now? Also, for what it's worth, a great chunk of 8th edition WH40k codex covers were reused. I agree it's not super exciting, but there's precedent.

True. I remember 8th Edition unified AdMech codex just reusing the Skitarii cover. 

26 minutes ago, Magnusaur said:

Roadmap, hooray! Can we let up on the soupspiracy for a bit now? Also, for what it's worth, a great chunk of 8th edition WH40k codex covers were reused. I agree it's not super exciting, but there's precedent.

I think the difference with 8th is that everybody except Space Marines (surprise, surprise) reused the same cover art from 7th, whilst the roadmap seems to be pointing at some factions having new art and some (most?) being new pieces which is a bit odd,

Edited by Clan's Cynic

42 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Still got a month and multiple “New Model Mondays” before it hits. Could get Fyrequeens “short stack” unit the leakers hinted at.

Heck yes! Maybe this is superficial but that would be enough for me to begin a FS army.

I just want fem duardin as much as I want chorfs 😭

(Although I'd find it very hilarious if the first fem duardin models were chorfs when they eventually get released in 202X)

• LOVE IT! 2

1 minute ago, Noserenda said:

*Looks at various rapid re-release elf books* 

We can lay soup to rest for a year. Maybe :D

If that.

GW's shown they've no problem releasing new Battletomes for armies less than twelve months between their last one. 

It's possible we get a Dawi Soup 'tome in the next eight months. STAY VIGILANT!

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Doko said:

Yes,7 years with 0 new non hero units even if we are the aos faction with less units and we got nothing new.

Middle\bottom tier in 3.0 and we get new scrolls nerfing every unit into the ground

And now the last detaill,a tome with old cover,only gives us the impression of 0 effort toward the tome and no hope of get fixed the mess that was done with the news scrolls

Ironjawz say hi, they are the one army that have gotten even less then Fyreslayer in the last seven years

4 hours ago, Lowki said:

What if FS and NH are actually getting more models released, and the BT cover would reveal this...could that be a reason to use the old? Just thinking out loud, seems a bit unlikely to me though

Mate you may have hit the nail on the head here!! That would be epic as all hell!!

3 hours ago, Shankelton said:

On one hand. No Ogre tome in the next few months means I can finish my 5k points of fat boys and have a fully painted army

On the other, I really want no Ogre rules. They need some tricks or flavor xD

Gimme some new Ogor minis!! I want everything for the Gulping God!!

2 hours ago, Maogrim said:

Huh. Reused battle tome covers are really weird, and if I were a Fyreslayer player I'd get the strong impression that GW doesn't care too much about the faction. 

Daughters are also really unexpected, but I'm also glad because it means they probably won't get souped. And the cover looks really awesome! 

Also Era of the Beast is clearly not Era of Destruction. Really bummed out for all Ogor fans. 😐

It is a shame but the way I see it is the longer the wait the more likelihood of a range update!!

2 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

To be fair, the Soul Wars didn't see many post-NH Death releases until Ossiarchs at the tail end of the second year.

Might be Winter is when we start seeing it go all Destruction, particularly with the lack of Battletomes until then.

I'll gladly wait till Winter if it means Ogor or Gitz refresh!! Preferably Ogors...

1 hour ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Heck yes! Maybe this is superficial but that would be enough for me to begin a FS army.

I just want fem duardin as much as I want chorfs 😭

(Although I'd find it very hilarious if the first fem duardin models were chorfs when they eventually get released in 202X)

Not superficial at all mate, Female Duardin, especially Fyreslayers would be epic!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

It's possible we get a Dawi Soup 'tome in the next eight months. STAY VIGILANT!

Doubt, only knife ears get that kinda rollout. That’s what they get for being so speedy without proper runic or aether-sealed protection. 😛 

But that’s also the thing, I don’t think we have to worry about unjustified soup again like Bonesplitterz and Ogors got because that was just consolidating outdated armies to bring everyone up to speed.

Since then GW have been pretty good at making the lore match the release like Soulblights replacing Nagash’s Legions because he fell in Broken Realms(their white dwarf update even notes vampires make a toast to god-Teclis for the freedom) and Kruleboyz got heralded by the coming of the Earthquake God who leads all the Destruction armies together.

So in that light we Should expect they’d give a proper story, big model release and campaign to justify the soup if it ever happens and that it won’t just be dropped on us out of the blue.

Edited by Baron Klatz

4 hours ago, Noserenda said:

I suspect the FS didnt get a new cover because GW knows their players fear variety ;):P

It does indicate the diversity of Fyreslayer units.

I had one troubling thought: GW doesn't mind putting out multiple battletomes per edition for a faction, so soup could still be in.

On the other hand, perhaps GW has listened to worried Dwarf players that do not want soup, and they prioritized a Fyreslayer tome but didn't commision new art.

• Haha 3

On 1/28/2022 at 12:39 AM, GenericEdgyName said:

I'd like to point out that despite the reveal od two new units for Nighthaunt, these rumour engines reamin unsolved, leading me to believe *snorts copium/warpstone* that our beloved spooky ghosts are going to receive more with their battletome (or a Cursed City expansion)

FJJ0R5S0dzpFS1iJ.jpg

4nBFRKTb69w1Ntir.jpg

Bumping this up as it is relevant.

Nighthaunt actually seem likely to see more new units meriting a placeholder cover. Nothing like that implied for the fire dwarves, the wording of the flamekeeper scroll solidifies this.

• Like 1

hmm still dont get it. idk were released only 1 month after dok, but idk didnt get a tome for a whole edittion with the excuse it was made for 2.0( obvious lazy lie).

then dok got his release with tome. box, new hero and spells. and when finally idk. get something it is only a tome and a foot hero, thats it, not even spells, and then dok will get that too minimun only some months after that....

on my logic they shouldnt have get a tome for whole 3.0 since last one was released just before new edittion. like idk,nurgle or lon who didnt get any tome on all 2.0...

PD: chaos vs order obviously means a total renew of skavens and seraphons in a dual box with new jungle ruins on top of that!!!

Edited by Kitsumy
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Indecisive said:

Bumping this up as it is relevant.

Nighthaunt actually seem likely to see more new units meriting a placeholder cover. Nothing like that implied for the fire dwarves, the wording of the flamekeeper scroll solidifies this.

Oh I dunno. I'm not expecting anything for Fyreslayers, but if I wanted to play devils advocate  I'd point out that if GW just wanted the buff to work on any Fyreslayers non-hero model, they wouldn't need to list out every unit individually. There might be reasons they don't want Fyreslayers to be able to drop +1 damage on, say, Calvary or artillery. Or a unit of female fyreslayers who according to the lore tend to wear armor instead of hammering runes into their skin.

Also, as far as rumor engines go, there is this...You can't tell me that's not a dwarf face, and it looks more like Fyreslayer work than KO. The Bird (Or is it a dragon head?) is also a weird Rumor Engine. It's not specifically a dwarf thing in terms of iconography, but it's got that angular dwarven aesthetic to it, IMO.

dwarfie.jpg

birb.jpg

Edited by madmac
  • Like 4

I don’t care much for Idoneth on the table *ducks as one of those souless Aelf collectors throws a pointy shoe*. But they work so well in the artwork. I collect neither of these two and would have a print of that in my hallway, if my wife would let me 😂

11E554AC-C033-4D00-8FA6-5B3BCEF4C627.png

Edited by Kronos