The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, Beliman said:

I assume that CA just pointed out that they are not going to follow AoS or End Times narrative and that's why they use some "updated" designs instead that the Fantasy ones.

I also assume that is also to appeal to the "end times bad. GW killed fantasy" crowd. It feels like they are saying "hey, we are changing some stuff and we know yall are afraid of change but dont worry, we are on your side. Now buy our games :)". I dunno, might be the cynic side speaking louder.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Sigmarusvult said:

I'm surprised that they went for a different KoS, the plastic one looks so much better !

Total Wareddit

Not that surprising, that's N'kari, and he already had official art showing his appearance. Unlike Kairos or Skarbrand he wasn't playable in WHFB and thus he never got a design update in AOS.

As @Captaniser pointed out the new design seems to be used for generic lords. Now the question is, will the unit version of the Keeper of Secrets use a different variant of the new design, or will it use the ForgeWorld model?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Yes. They said that they are not going to touch AoS or End Times.

This argument is a bit missleading because GUO and Bloothirsters are using the new designs instead of the old dog-face demon or the green potato. And I'm pretty sure there are a lot more (ex: Arkhan). 

I assume that CA just pointed out that they are not going to follow AoS or End Times narrative and that's why they use some "updated" designs instead that the Fantasy ones.

To be fair, the new greater daemon designs are also present in 40k, so they might not be perceived as AoS or End Times material.

They also made the distinction that it won't be set in the End Times, but didn't use the "won't feature stuff from x" wording that they used with Age of Sigmar, so units and designs from the End Times are still fair play.

Not going to lie I'm glad that rumour about one of the battleforces being an Orruk Warclans box with Maw-krusha included was fake because I don't know if I could have resisted it.

With that concern gone I've happily bought the remaining local Broken Realms Atra'zan's Blazing Cavalcade box, so full of colours and horrors.

So, after looking again the whole trailer, the demons are using their AoS/40k designs instead of the old ones (appart from N'krai):

GUO has a "generic head" and the one with the long tongue. it seems that he can carry the Big Sword from the new kit too
GUOAOS.jpg.b6504a93cedb62e2c178b69260f42e59.jpgGUOTTW.jpg.e32b2b6a425ccfd0de2f5f3f305a8ace.jpg

Keeper of Secrets has the same design of AoS/40k too. In the trailer, she/he is using the rodela (shinning aegis) and the sword:

KoSTTW.jpg.4d8b1694cffe01bb2c4f6c687902e135.jpgKoSAOS.jpg.465a7e8d0492e01af63f07cb3dba1110.jpg

Nurgle Beasts seems to mix various options from the kit (one eye head without the hole in it's body):

NurgleBeastTTW.jpg.d5d3747b852b22ff2652e49dd0823455.jpgNurgleBeastAoS.jpg.520478d87d242b4230a087559a701a54.jpg

The Fiends are exactly the same:

FiendSlaaneshTTW.jpg.c2a8859f4d51fec59ccd3edc18080926.jpgFiendSlaaneshAoS.jpg.ad3a178a668d9b069fe3c3367654861f.jpg

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, Fairbanks said:

Nice.

But no mention of insured printing worries me.

They won’t be. And that was never the intent. The “assured printing” is a made to order offer for new product only that is limited in release and won’t be out for many months (or at all) separately. 

These items are all fully out and abound. The boxes are just a bundle at a better price. They were never going to be included in the Print/Made to Order. They’ll be one and done like they always were. 

Edited by Lurynsar
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Copywolf said:

Keep in mind, last year there were 2 Destruction boxes.  Although were there 4 or 6 boxes last year?

4 for AoS, 6 for 40K. 10 total. Same as now. Seems they doubled up on Death as last year they doubled up on Destruction at the exclusion of Death. 

How good is the boxes? I have most of lumineth. The Slanesh one would be interesting because of the lumineth vs slanesh thing, but how about bone reapers? Are they any good for casual play in aos 3? My brother have been interested in them, but have been put of because he heard they aren't that good in aos3.

If i had space and money, I would be willing to get them all. 

The 40K ones look neat too, but I haven't played 40k since early 2000s.

1 hour ago, Howdyhedberg said:

How good is the boxes? I have most of lumineth. The Slanesh one would be interesting because of the lumineth vs slanesh thing, but how about bone reapers? Are they any good for casual play in aos 3? My brother have been interested in them, but have been put of because he heard they aren't that good in aos3.

If i had space and money, I would be willing to get them all. 

The 40K ones look neat too, but I haven't played 40k since early 2000s.

I don't know 'em but according to someone at my LGS who does OBR competitively, 

"that OBR one is actually hella good

the HQs are sus but like

add a liege kavalos to that and a soulmason

and you're pretty well set"

so that's one vote of for Good Value/Starter Set

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Wow the 40k ones look fantastic, still going to try and hold off unless I get that job I applied for... even then I should invest in what I have.

But Slaanesh, Lumineth, Sisters of Battle, Admech and Necrons are some of my absolute favourite armies...

do-it-come-on.gif

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

Wow the 40k ones look fantastic, still going to try and hold off unless I get that job I applied for... even then I should invest in what I have.

But Slaanesh, Lumineth, Sisters of Battle, Admech and Necrons are some of my absolute favourite armies...

The struggle is real @Neverchosen, I'm bouncing between the soulblight, slaanesh, and admech boxes right now.

• Thanks 1

*looks at new battleforces*

Ok I kind of really like all the AoS ones and the 40K ones are neat, but not as neat, but still very good.*

*looks at Slaanesh Battleforce*
*looks at pile of unfinished slaanesh*

I kinda need/want that Slaanesh one! Seriously the only thing I've got from the mortals in abundance are the new seeker riders, everything else in that set is stuff I need/want for my force. If it had squeezed in a keeper I'd have been utterly unable to resist; as it is now I'm very very tempted by it. Price pending its a very attractive set.

I'm also really surprised that both Vampries and Slaanesh Mortals got boxed sets considering how new the models in both those boxes are. Ossiarchs I think shows how good they are as a force right now, but also has a feeling that they need a second wave or more drip fed single wave model releases. Just to give some variety. Lumineth I'm almost surprised they didn't put the fox leader in, but its a very neat set and certainly looks worth the money. 

*I still want the Necron one! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

Am I late to the party or is that mystery Kruleboyz sculpt one of the Rumour Engines? 

11656DA7-81DF-4A98-B0B8-793F28E2A904.jpeg

688BA671-6818-4832-8423-848075F70A2A.png

Good catch. I really wish we knew a little bit more about this one. I’m not a huge fan of the Kruleboyz but this model really does it for me.