The Rumour Thread

Makes me wonder if we'll start seeing more Cities for... well, Cities of Sigmar or if Misthåvn and Har Kuron will just be, "take Anvilgard but replace X with Y". Whilst the lack of a Build-A-Free-City options was surprising, hopefully we'll get several options across Broken Realms.

Stormcast making use of auxiliaries is an interesting one. Whilst certainly fluffy, makes one wonder if they plan on expanding on that in the future somehow. There was the one piece of art with Flagellants in the front ranks of some Stormcast.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, BaylorCorvette said:

Oh boy, shootcast got even more shooty

well, shootcast makes use of the Anvils of the Heldenhammer command ability to shoot twice. Supposing that the Stormkeep is a stormhost in itself, you would loose that CA so... probably not?

Edited by Marcvs
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

well, shootcast makes use of the Anvils of the Heldenhammer command ability to shoot twice. Supposing that the Stormkeep is a stormhost in itself, you would loose that CA so... probably not?

Yeah, and that is the unknown. If a Stormkeep replaces / functions as a Stormhost then it seems fine. But if a Stormkeep is in addition to a Stormhost then oh boy..

Hnnnnn these rules are meh(i dont wanna say the worst rules ever written because gw history is long but they qre close)

A +1 ld only to serpents and harpies as sub faction rules? A 2\10 

The warden king comand ability copy pasted? Great a 10\10 but i dont think be worth with that useless faction rules

Citys alegiance is a big useless piece of junk,one time per game ignore rend a hero or a +1hit that dont affect to mounts? A 0\10 and the worst alegiance never done. I would take anvilgard everyday before this ******

Stormcast getting some citys units?with allys are more or less the same so no big chance,and only comand ability working is useless, if every ability relic etc would work in citys as stormcast would be ok but only comands is useless 2\10

Idoneths is only the battallion that only for less drops and extra comand point etc worth but also it isnt so bad 7\10

Khaos is the good,i think is convert a hero in a prayer? If it is then it is a 8\10

In general seems very lacking and a book 100% useless for tournaments or competitive gaming. I hope be better in lore

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, BaylorCorvette said:

Yeah, and that is the unknown. If a Stormkeep replaces / functions as a Stormhost then it seems fine. But if a Stormkeep is in addition to a Stormhost then oh boy..

Unless it comes with a good command ablity, option 1 would make it quite pointless (there are a total of 3 CAs in the Stormcast battletome which can influence STORMCAST ETERNALS unit, and they are not very useful). Option 2 would make it the only sub-sub-allegiance of the battletome, so seems... unlikely? but who knows 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Doko said:

Hnnnnn these rules are meh(i dont wanna say the worst rules ever written because gw history is long but they qre close)

A +1 ld only to serpents and harpies as sub faction rules? A 2\10 

The warden king comand ability copy pasted? Great a 10\10 but i dont think be worth with that useless faction rules

Citys alegiance is a big useless piece of junk,one time per game ignore rend a hero or a +1hit that dont affect to mounts? A 0\10 and the worst alegiance never done. I would take anvilgard everyday before this ******

Stormcast getting some citys units?with allys are more or less the same so no big chance,and only comand ability working is useless, if every ability relic etc would work in citys as stormcast would be ok but only comands is useless 2\10

Idoneths is only the battallion that only for less drops and extra comand point etc worth but also it isnt so bad 7\10

Khaos is the good,i think is convert a hero in a prayer? If it is then it is a 8\10

In general seems very lacking and a book 100% useless for tournaments or competitive gaming. I hope be better in lore

It really depends on the other parts of the rules, these are only partial

Don't forget these are likely not all the rules, just a few of them, so with the fullness we might see some additional strengths. That said that our first reaction isn't "wow this is super powerful" is actually a good thing. IT means that GW isn't making this book a "must own" for those armies because they turn them into powerhouse broken forces. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

This made me laugh way more than it should have. I feel we need to make a custom Tyrion model with Spikey Bat the mascot of this site!

Hooray, more Brodd positivity and speculation! Somehow that makes me more excited for a new edition. 

Yeah mate!! Someone on Reddit mentioned it could even be a Mancrusher model for Underworlds or Warcry, it's not the most realistic guess but doesnt make it cant have hope!!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Mutton said:

2/3 of those DoK rules are awful.

+1 Attack is great, but in the current meta losing either 5+ fnp or -1 to hit/teleport is totally not worth it.

"Behold my 4A/2MWA Snakes with BRA10 and Mindrazor! They will slay everything they touch!"

Turn 1 KO/Lumineth/Cities/Shootcast/Tzeentch/Seraphon shoot off half the army/heroes

"Erm....yeah"

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

Rules aside the tidbits they released so far are super exciting, I’m looking forward to see the book and read it all!!

If factions will drastically change because of this would be super interesting but Anvilgard to change rules need to change name as otherwise there’s no other space in the book (from the summary). Could it be renamed Har Kuron?

Regarding BL novels this year has seen few already being published but consider also Covid. Inferno volume 5 for example was released in UK only recently but I had it from amazon months earlier, so clearly distribution was somehow affected.

Court of the Blind King was released in December, since then proper novels AoS we had the Profit’s Ruin, Lady of Sorrows, Lumineth, Sons of Behemat (audio), Warcry Catacombs and now Covens of Blood and Bonereapers. But there are have been also few new Collections...

Edited by alghero81
Added one book

On 10/30/2020 at 2:26 AM, Greybeard86 said:

Where the heck is the white dwarf anyway? Few armies as iconic as the proud dawi, but they've been replaced with clowns and "greedy" slayers... grrrrr

This coming spring, Orion will be returining (tm); except that it will be called Ouryionn or Avatar of Kurnoth.

Pretty sure the White Dwarf has returned twice no?

I understand from the 4chan thread (deleted by now) it's Umbraneth Aelves and Malarion.  I suspect Kurnothi may be spring 2022.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

If factions will drastically change because of this would be super interesting but Anvilgard to change rules need to change name as otherwise there’s no other space in the book (from the summary). Could it be renamed Har Kuron?

That sounds about right, civil war that changes it to worship the rise of goddess Morathi-khaine since "The Fall of Anvilgard" is in the book and the Coven leader is said to be the behind the power in the city she could easily pull the shadowy mat from out under the Stormcasts boots.

It'll probably go into the big Cities of Sigmar change they hint at, an extension to Morathi & Malerion worship and Ulgu cities alongside the God-king & Alarielle ones for bigger thematical builds and whether you build your city to opposing god (kinda like chaos marks) or united for when Gordrakk and Nagash get tired of being on the sidelines for this show.

My other big wonder is how the Soulbound rpg will handle Anvilgard with this but that's better left in the rpg thread. :D