The Rumour Thread

20 minutes ago, Joel said:

That is not true, from what I know Teclis and Tyrion are together with the angelic. It is even said thet they are Teclis' second project after the failure with Idoneth.

Actually this is not true, but neither is my recollection of the respective passage: there is simply no indication as to who exactly (Tyrion? Teclis? Both?) is the creator of the angelic aelves. I will quote the DoK BT passage: "In Hysh luminous beings and angelic creatures of reason were born, while those Malerion took to Ulgu were formed into something darker, something majestic and terrible at the same time." I guess we will get another sneak peek in the Idoneth Battletome. 

Maybe Im wrong but in the teaser video of the idoneth is supposed to be Teclis who speaks isnt it? And he says that seeing an entire race fail about the high elves and then he finds hope with the idoneth... I see there that Teclis turns into his ancient non perfect creation so I understand that idoneth is guided by Teclis

1 hour ago, Turgol said:

Actually this is not true, but neither is my recollection of the respective passage: there is simply no indication as to who exactly (Tyrion? Teclis? Both?) is the creator of the angelic aelves. I will quote the DoK BT passage: "In Hysh luminous beings and angelic creatures of reason were born, while those Malerion took to Ulgu were formed into something darker, something majestic and terrible at the same time." I guess we will get another sneak peek in the Idoneth Battletome. 

That particular passage might not specify that T&T made the angelic elves, but I am positive that there is at least one official blurb that does. I think it was in some of the leaked bits about the Idoneth Deepkin, but I don't remember where exactly, so I can't give you a direct quote. I believe I read it in the 'New Elves' thread that was started here before the DoK came out. Also, given that we know that Morathi, Malerion, Teclis, and Tyrion are the ones reclaiming elf souls from Slaanesh and making new elves, we can deduce that at least one of the T Brothers is involved, cause it definitely isn't M&/orM.  :D

7 hours ago, Hoseman said:

Hi all.

I'm a huge fan of wood elves since I was 14 back on 90's. I started playing AoS and was waiting for an elven faction to appear so now I was going into Idoneth before seeing anything but I'm sad because of the fact Sylvaneth have Alarielle and DoK have Morathi but seems like ID will not have Teclis

I am heavily leaning into getting the Idoneth Deepkin (I will wait until I read their rules and decide if the playstyle appeals to me), and if/when I do they will be led by Ariel...

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Skabnoze said:

I am heavily leaning into getting the Idoneth Deepkin (I will wait until I read their rules and decide if the playstyle appeals to me), and if/when I do they will be led by Ariel...

That is a good point but for that I would go sylvaneth... Im the same as u, waiting to see the rules. I mainly use SCE but have sylvaneth, kharadron and undead. The Alarielle commanding Idoneth would not be same useful as with Sylvaneth. One magic of Alarielle is healing sylvaneth units, if u use idoneth u cant do that... so as Alarielle is 600 points and allies are till 400 in 2k points army.

Said that I hope Idoneth will be similar to Sylvaneth army as the magic and area attacks like Drycha, but with more armor :P I hope I like them 

1 minute ago, Ryan Taylor said:

Ariel =/= Alarielle :)

How dare you defame the Warrior princess of the Fathoms Below, Daughter of Triton, Arch-Siren of Under-the-Seas, Queen of Part-of-Your-World, Mistress of the Seashells!

May her Royal-Majesty visit death and destruction upon all those who oppose her!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Redmanphill said:

So Teclis screwed up and now he’s been demoted to Tyrion’s talking steed?

Now I'm just imagining a Journey to the West style thing where Teclis has been transfigured into Tyrion's magical talking horse as punishment for his misdeeds.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skabnoze said:

You now gotta replace the beetle with a (singing) crab. ?‍♀️

10 hours ago, Joel said:

Personally I believe that hey will be one modle where Teclis is Tyrion's eyes in combat.

I'm Anticipating Teclis riding on the shoulder of a giant Tyrion, kinda Thanqoul and Boneripper or Glottkin style. 

• Like 1

I still thinking Teclis will appear. In the last picture of the text its said they are the children of Mathlann and Teclis took them to Hysh and build a city for teaching magic and good manners.

I don't know almost anything about lore and don't know who's Mathlann, I think I read it was an ancient god and that the surfer guy is Mathlann's Avatar. That sounds great but if Teclis was truly who created the idoneth, doesn't matter if he passed away and went creating high elves next because now as the text says he reclaimed that souls and took them to be his teacher, and if he took so much effort on searching for light inside those souls I think he would not let them away for second time. 

And remember Teclis is angry so maybe he likes that darkness now and can twist it in something he likes so... I have the hope to see a Teclis miniature

47 minutes ago, Hoseman said:

I still thinking Teclis will appear. In the last picture of the text its said they are the children of Mathlann and Teclis took them to Hysh and build a city for teaching magic and good manners.

I don't know almost anything about lore and don't know who's Mathlann, I think I read it was an ancient god and that the surfer guy is Mathlann's Avatar. That sounds great but if Teclis was truly who created the idoneth, doesn't matter if he passed away and went creating high elves next because now as the text says he reclaimed that souls and took them to be his teacher, and if he took so much effort on searching for light inside those souls I think he would not let them away for second time. 

And remember Teclis is angry so maybe he likes that darkness now and can twist it in something he likes so... I have the hope to see a Teclis miniature

I dont think we will get a Teclis or Tyrion model for the same reason we dont havea Sigmar one

Sigmar has never been represented model wise however all the existing elf gods / goddess's are in AOS currently and had previous model forms in the old world, makes sense that Teclis and Tyrion will be in AOS with new models since they are their new armies gods and leaders.  Since Alarielle made it, even Morathi, I feel its very likely Teclis will as well. Wouldn't make sense to leave them out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoseman said:

It will be very curious if somehow Mathlann is actually returned, or is being reborn by the Idoneth, Mathlann in the world that was is portrayed as the King of Sea and Storm, a destructive force striking without mercy. He was not worshipped so widely in Ulthuan, but very much so by Dark Elves, predominantly Corsairs. A good example from recent times would be in Total War: Warhammer 2, to create a Black Ark as teh Dark Elf factions, you have to undertake a sacrifice to Mathlann.

He is not a nice god, and therefore we should be prepared for the rest of the Idoneth fluff to be very dark.

3 hours ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

I dont think we will get a Teclis or Tyrion model for the same reason we dont havea Sigmar one

We do have models for two of the incarnates, can't see why others would be excluded. Sigmar is unlikely as do some of the others (Grimnir being dead, for example), but Tyrion and Malekith seem quite possible, especially since they existed as models in WHFB just like Alarielle and Nagash.

On 02/04/2018 at 6:30 AM, Hoseman said:

Hi all.

I'm a huge fan of wood elves since I was 14 back on 90's. I started playing AoS and was waiting for an elven faction to appear so now I was going into Idoneth before seeing anything but I'm sad because of the fact Sylvaneth have Alarielle and DoK have Morathi but seems like ID will not have Teclis

they´ll hava mathlann it seems

10 minutes ago, Sadysaneto said:

they´ll hava mathlann it seems

DoK have both khaine avatar and Morathi. Maybe not know but sooner or later ID should have Teclis riding a big kraken or a whale as Alarielle figure :P

Edited by Hoseman

Apr3-RumourEngine2rlv.jpg

What mystery has the Rumour Engine unleashed this week? Is it something watery connected to the Idoneth Deepkin? Are we seeing the bony protrusions of one of Nagash’s undead horrors? Have the Haemonculi of the Dark City come up with something new and terrifying? Or are we just throwing out ideas that are designed to mislead you entirely?