The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, shinros said:

Yup I didn't want to mention the clear lack of dice unlike the other chaos gods because that might have appeared...petty. ; / Hellstriders are likely going to be reboxed, but overall if mortals don't get anything we only have three mortal models. Still holding out that GW has got the mortals hidden away for week 2 or something. 

Well Maggotkin never had any dice released either. Sure their was a set meant for Deathguards that fitted perfectly with Moggotkin, but they were never intended for AOS. 

The one thing that I really find odd about the Slaanesh release is the missed opportunity of a huge campaign about Slaanesh dashing escape. 

This could have been a huge worldwide event and while that option remains alive such a campaign is now robbed of any momentum since all things Slaanesh is released in a week. The build up for this plot that has been going on for a few years now with DOK and deepkin slowly showing us Slaanesh’s whereabouts is such a cool story unraveling that it seem weird not releasing Slaanesh Faction during such an event.

• Like 1

Just now, Greasygeek said:

Well Maggotkin never had any dice released either. Sure their was a set meant for Deathguards that fitted perfectly with Moggotkin, but they were never intended for AOS. 

The one thing that I really find odd about the Slaanesh release is the missed opportunity of a huge campaign about Slaanesh dashing escape. 

This could have been a huge worldwide event and while that option remains alive such a campaign is now robbed of any momentum since all things Slaanesh is released in a week. The build up for this plot that has been going on for a few years now with DOK and deepkin slowly showing us Slaanesh’s whereabouts is such a cool story unraveling that it seem weird not releasing Slaanesh Faction during such an event.

Ah, you're right I stand corrected. 

On the campaign I would've of liked that but it seems GW wants to draw that story out for a little longer. 

Well, I now use to look for the bright side of a release, to see if the faction interest me or at least if something  can fit in my taste/army.

And I think that I just find it. (need a bit more conviction to  definitly buy it). The new daemon prince.  It seems the best of the release: efficient in both AoS and 40K without a slanesh specific units. It can fit in a CSM army or a StD army very well and it hit hard.

I just need to see its siez side by side with another unit (CSM or StD or Daemon prince) and see the kit options. But hey, nice beast and beatiful mini and for this time, more prince than daemon!

I've got an old metal Keeper and I really want to make it into a prince! I figure its going to at least roughly fit onto a similar base size and since the new proper Keeper is so much bigger it lets me put the old keeper on the table. 

That said the way its shaping up it might wind up being a regular demon prince to go alongside the Slaanesh named prince. 

20 hours ago, HashtagTheTruth said:

can tell you all right now why they raise prices, and it has nothing to do with costs or inflation:  It's because they can, because people will buy it, and because they're too dumb to realize how many of us have switched to equal-in-quality recasters.

Well, I'm still getting three of the new guy and don't openly (or privately) support illegal activity that undermines the very thing we all claim to love so much.

There's nothing "dumb" about charging what you think the market will allow.

3 hours ago, Hyperkinako said:

Don't think anyone posted this yet, but over on Faeit they are rumoring new AOS terrain coming with Forbidden Power

Sigmarite Dias

Fallen Statues

Shattered Temple

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2019/04/leak-new-terrain-coming-spotted-from-us.html

We saw a fallen statue in the Warcry trailer (giant sigmar head?) so perhaps they will be similar? 

I could really go for some Warcry and Forbidden Powers info soon.

Why does the endless spells look all Death friendly yet is supposed to be generic?

How much is there to FP? untill today I thought that all models from the set has been shown already, but now they talk about new terrain?

I'm fairly sure we'll hear more at the big event coming up at the start of May. That would very nicely coincide with GW now running out of confirmed releases for AoS once Slaanesh releases. With Warcry in July or June we've got at least room for one or two more Battletomes; possibly the new Gloomsite and (guessed) Sylvanath boxed set which would then suggest a Sylvanath Battletome release. After that one more Tome which could be anything (though unlikely to be a new army). 

Personally I'd really like it to be a destruction tome, just because I feel that Grand Alliance has the least amount on offer at present to new players. Death is completed, Chaos is almost there (and the two armies remaining are pretty much guaranteed to remain - Tzeentch and Slaves to Darkness/Everchosen) and whilst Order has a lot of mess, its also got a lot of Battletomes already. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Greasygeek said:

Why does the endless spells look all Death friendly yet is supposed to be generic?

It's probably because in the narrative the Necroquake flooded the realms with death magic and now they're making some generic spells themed around that.

12 hours ago, JPjr said:

I say it is eather a wet palette or an airbrush. They have an airbrush line of paint and they had a "spray gun" already in the past which evaporated in no time as it was terrible and its purpouse was just basecoating basically. 

As per the wet palette, it could be an incentive to paint more consistently and frequently so "you won t see your paints go dry" and therefore paint better and more effectivly (idk, I m making stuff up😂, but it would be great as there aren t many companies which sell wet palettes). 

Alternatively it might very well be that for once they will change those dreadfull pots for actual dropper bottles! It will be the day I buy the entire GW range on day one😂). 

Edited by Frozenbeast

6 hours ago, Greasygeek said:

I could really go for some Warcry and Forbidden Powers info soon.

How much is there to FP? untill today I thought that all models from the set has been shown already, but now they talk about new terrain?

Looks like they are still stuck on Stormcast vs Nighthaunt & Nagash with Forbidden Power.

• Sad 1

So, Slaanesh being only 1 week release, and with all those scenery talk, we'll probably see Forbidden Power on preorder 4th May (next week), release 11th May. 

Because of those two links ...

- Warcry seminar at Warhammer Fest :

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/04/17/warhammer-fest-seminar-schedule/ 

- "Paint" reveal at Warhammer Fest too (and the funny trailer) : 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/04/23/paint-at-warhammer-fest/

... It's safe to assume we'll have full reveals of WARCRY and of that mysterious paint thing at the event. (Given the rather limited nature of the Looncurse trailer, I think they'll be back at it at WHF too). So it only leaves Forbidden Power before that.

2 hours ago, Frozenbeast said:

I say it is eather a wet palette or an airbrush. They have an airbrush line of paint and they had a "spray gun" already in the past which evaporated in no time as it was terrible and its purpouse was just basecoating basically. 

As per the wet palette, it could be an incentive to paint more consistently and frequently so "you won t see your paints go dry" and therefore paint better and more effectivly (idk, I m making stuff up😂, but it would be great as there aren t many companies which sell wet palettes). 

Alternatively it might very well be that for once they will change those dreadfull pots for actual dropper bottles! It will be the day I buy the entire GW range on day one😂). 

What part of that video and "CONTRAST" makes you think airbrush or wet palette? 

We already have solid rumors from a while back
I posted this from Faeit a few weeks ago

"It's a new paint range. Coming May/June.
Includes return of some old colors, new airbrush paints and slow drying blending medium. 
Also
"Overheard at adepticon that well known painters have been working with GW to help create the new paints and some of them will be new formula washes that act more like acryllic pin washes and leave no staining on flat surfaces."

The last part is likely what the "CONTRAST" refers too. New pin washes which we would be ideal for space marines and other armor plating. Less useful for stuff like wood or hair or skin though.  

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Inquisitorsz said:

What part of that video and "CONTRAST" makes you think airbrush or wet palette? 

We already have solid rumors from a while back
I posted this from Faeit a few weeks ago

"It's a new paint range. Coming May/June.
Includes return of some old colors, new airbrush paints and slow drying blending medium. 
Also
"Overheard at adepticon that well known painters have been working with GW to help create the new paints and some of them will be new formula washes that act more like acryllic pin washes and leave no staining on flat surfaces."

The last part is likely what the "CONTRAST" refers too. New pin washes which we would be ideal for space marines and other armor plating. Less useful for stuff like wood or hair or skin though.  

So what your saying is I can paint Tau even faster with pin washes lol? 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Hyperkinako said:

Don't think anyone posted this yet, but over on Faeit they are rumoring new AOS terrain coming with Forbidden Power

Sigmarite Dias

Fallen Statues

Shattered Temple

The dias is in the Forbidden Power pictures and video and the statues and temple are likely the ones in the Slaanesh pictures. 

Edited by ManlyMuppet88