The Rumour Thread

9 minutes ago, mikethefish said:

So happy that Khorne got revealed today.  This means that they hopefully won't take any extra time talking about it during the big GAMA reveal tomorrow

Good point

Since this is the last confirmed release getting a tentative date, means we might actually be getting the next army reveal afterall! Or at least the next breadcrumb trailer.

Calling it now, it'll be Slaneesh narrative focused with updated Slaves to Darkness (darkoath) trailing soon behind. Since Archaon will likely be stepping back into the narrative with a consolidated chaos at his back.

Also, I wouldn't at all be surprised if Tzeentch had a tome in the works too. If Khorne is getting one, I can see GW wanting to bring ALL chaos into 2.0. Even if Tzeentch's book isn't bad in the least.

20 minutes ago, Overread said:

The only downside ot this news is it means the Wrath and Rapture set is going away and I still didn't get any! All because of those darned rats!! Sneaky devils sneaking a huge battletome and wave of new releases in like they did! 

I dunno, it’s currently the only way to get the Slaanesh Fiends and herald harp daemon. 

Ah, ok.

Really just looks like a Morsaar Guard who's been dismounted. I wouldn't turn up my nose at Akhellian infantry but I don't think the picture means anything.

In any case, I'm happy for Khorne being anounced, just because I can hope again that the next armybook announcement is something vaguely interesting to me.

Not getting the old hopes up too high though, I'm rooting for Seraphon/Fyreslayers/KO/Beastclaw/Gutbusters/Light Aelves, in no particular order, but there's no telling how much more Chaos get announced before the next Order or Destruction release.

Edited by madmac

38 minutes ago, mikethefish said:

So happy that Khorne got revealed today.  This means that they hopefully won't take any extra time talking about it during the big GAMA reveal tomorrow

We’ll be previewing what the future holds for Khorne all throughout next week  so make sure to check back tomorrow!‘

Not sure if this means GAMA or only WH-Com.

Edited by FireAbend

10 minutes ago, FireAbend said:

We’ll be previewing what the future holds for Khorne all throughout next week  so make sure to check back tomorrow!‘

Not sure if this means GAMA or only WH-Com.

It might get a mention at GAMA, but considering that all factions get this little build up prior to their release on WH-Com I'd imagine this is referring to the site, not the event. They don't really do rules discussion at the tradeshows. They're there to show off models and such, the community site is where you get the deep dives and precursors.

36 minutes ago, madmac said:

Really just looks like a Morsaar Guard who's been dismounted. I wouldn't turn up my nose at Akhellian infantry but I don't think the picture means anything

The shield is slightly different but probably right. Either way I don't think we've ever seen a dismounted one in art. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mutton said:

Interesting that wizards won't be able to dispel the blessings. I sure hope there IS a way to stop them, otherwise we just reversed the entire problem with wizardless armies. On that thought, I hope they don't jump the shark on this whole anti-magic thing. Nobody who uses wizards is ever going to want to play against someone with Khorne if it means their units are completely useless.

I imagine like most things it will come down to distance and positioning. I doubt a Bloodpriest is going to be able to drop it on a wizard 20” away

3 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

I was just about to post this!

Akhelian Phalanx would be so amazing (I've been wishlisting them since the idK release)

The amaount of dead Namarti seems legit, no matter what attacked them XD

If they got the same sculptor to do them who also did the Reavers, I would buy sixty day one. No hesitation. 

• Like 2

Rumour from /aosg/, so a good chance it is made up. But hey, it's the rumour thread not the fact thread 🤣

Rumors from Dakkkadakka
>New ogor faction on the way
>Enormous models, each is about twice the height of a current ogor model and even fatter
>Armies will consist of only a handfull of them, but they will each hit like small monsters
>Food/fire theme, Butchers will be the main heroes of the faction
>Centerpiece model is a butcher riding a massive pig dragging a cauldron of gore
>Will be called Gutbusters, but most current ogor models will be squated

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

12 minutes ago, Retro said:

Rumour from /aosg/, so a good chance it is made up. But hey, it's the rumour thread not the fact thread 🤣

Rumors from Dakkkadakka
>Enormous models, each is about twice the height of a current ogor model and even fatter
>Armies will consist of only a handfull of them, but they will each hit like small monsters
>Centerpiece model is a butcher riding a massive pig dragging a cauldron of gore

Sounds nice, just hopping it'll be combined with beastclaw (like the other tomes : skaven & co....)

Sounds NOT nice. Current models squatted? But they are sold with round base, unlike most of elves models...

Doesnt sound really serious. And what about beastclaw raiders if the ogor change height? Wille their model change too?

I say fake news ;)

edit: otherwise i will have to use my current ogor as count as troggoth...

edit 2: as much i i'd love the gutbuster to have some kind of "ironjawz treatment" and have them taller, i'll be mad to not have the possibility of using my actual army...

Edited by rattila

I don't believe that. Not only one of the current Battletomes have stamped out the old models. Just take a look at the BoC or Skaven books, they have models (and rules) from 6th Edition.

What I believe is that they will release new models that are HUGE. That is something I could bet for.

11 minutes ago, Luzgurbel said:

I don't believe that. Not only one of the current Battletomes have stamped out the old models. Just take a look at the BoC or Skaven books, they have models (and rules) from 6th Edition.

You mean the metal and finecast  halve of the skaven that makes almost 75% of our army out.

Yeah well I think calling it lazy is the better word. (But hey it’s better they are lazy then to just have to wait another 3-5years)

also I doubt Ogors in general will loose they’re range. There may be a few models who’ll get lost in the vortex of legends but definitely not a whole range.

Depending on how ambitious GW gets with doing Gutbusters, I could see them replacing/eliminating a huge swathe of characters. One of the big downsides of Gutbusters currently is that literally all the heroes are finecast, including the Firebelly Caster, the Gorger, and all the Man-eater models.

So new plastic equivalents for Tyrants, Butchers, Firebellies and some sort of customizable Maneater kit strike me as low-hanging fruit. And if they're doing that much 1-2 new unit kits also seems reasonable.

But what plastic kits they do have for basic Ogors/Grots/artillery still hold up reasonably well. I don't think it's likely that any of them get removed, much less all of them.

With gutbusters I could see them doing a single plastic kit that has a lot of arm/pose/weapon/head options. Just look at how versatile many of the new greater demon kits are in how they let GW have multiple models from the same kit - add a bit more arm variety and such and they can really have gutbusters doing well with very few kits in plastic. 

I could certainly see it happening and would be a neat way to show off with their plastics whilst also making the army viable in plastic (since otherwise its a lot of single models in plastic - high cost low sales is not what you want for plastic). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Retro said:

Rumors from Dakkkadakka

Yeah, that's a dislike for me. With the current Ogor range I really like that they've got that fat but strong look. Make them much fatter and it would just look like a bunch of obese guys waddling around. 

Edit: I do think an entire faction of monsters could be quite interesting. I just don't want Ogors to turn into GUOs that learned to bathe.

Edited by Forrix