The Rumour Thread

Another thought.

I have always believed TK to be as close to Good Guys as Warhammer gets, or, at the very least, a true neutral army - certainly not some evil and/or mindless force of death and entropy. They had a thriving civilization full of daily 'living', skeletons taking part in military drills, and so on. I actually think it would be a fantastic advancement and a bold step to have a faction that on the surface lines up with Death actually be an Order faction.

Perhaps Settra, who is arrogant as hell but not dumb, realizes that Nagash's absolute dominion over the dead (see his Mortarchs!) is the one true impediment to his desire for revenge.  What good is an awesome plan if the guy you are after can just think 'stop' and it's thwarted? So, maybe Settra makes a deal.  Maybe he says to Sigmar, "Hey, you shield my presence, and that of key generals under my command, from Nagash's ability to detect me and I'll lend my amazing, incalculably amazing skills and generalship to your quest to defeat Chaos and right the Necroquake, but in return I retain full autonomy over myself - where I go, who I fight, etc. and when it's all over, I claim Shyish as my own and turn it into a new pre-Nagash (as in, pre  when he cursed the old Kings to undeath) Nehakarhan paradise?"

Or, better yet, he says he'll leave Shyish to Sigmar if he can have the Realm of Life and rebuild a lush civilization for his people.

Dunno, really anything other than "Tee hee, this will tick off TK players." 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Overread said:

That could be a verminlord - they've got weapons like those and what's behind it could be a banner like what the Ikit Claw (Warlock Engineer) model has. 

I find it unlikely because the arms are too thin and if you zoom into the right one, you can see the gap between the 2 bones of the arm, indicating a Skeleton.

Settra might not bend the knee, but maybe after fighting his way through the warp, slaying countless daemons only to have his socks rocked by khorne himself, would Settra strike a deal with Sigmar to be reforged as a celestant. Part of the deal may involve having a bunch of TK souls being reforged as well, forming this unit of 'imperishables' he leads. It might be less of a 'you work for me' and more of a 'i'll just point you in a direction and you do your thing' type of agreement. Sigmar provides the power and bodies (both literally and figuratively) and Settra uses his literal eons of skill and experience to curb stomp anything stupid enough to be in his way. If this is what's in the next soul wars release then for once i'd actually eat my shoe and say i'm happy to see a stormcast release... GW prove me right, but please prove me wrong.... 

2 minutes ago, Lucky Snake Eyes said:

Settra might not bend the knee, but maybe after fighting his way through the warp, slaying countless daemons only to have his socks rocked by khorne himself, would Settra strike a deal with Sigmar to be reforged as a celestant. Part of the deal may involve having a bunch of TK souls being reforged as well, forming this unit of 'imperishables' he leads. It might be less of a 'you work for me' and more of a 'i'll just point you in a direction and you do your thing' type of agreement. Sigmar provides the power and bodies (both literally and figuratively) and Settra uses his literal eons of skill and experience to curb stomp anything stupid enough to be in his way. If this is what's in the next soul wars release then for once i'd actually eat my shoe and say i'm happy to see a stormcast release... GW prove me right, but please prove me wrong.... 

If there are Tomb Kings in Stormcast even if it's only a couple units I might actually have to start collecting them, TK are the army I wanted to collect when I was a kid so I was pretty bummed when they got rid of them in AoS. I feel like if they did want to bring them back and have them oppose Nagash then going the Stormcast chamber route is probably the easiest way lore wise.

3 minutes ago, Lucky Snake Eyes said:

If they are just more Golden boys... meh.

It should be its own thing, otherwise there isnt much of a point to bring Tks or even Settra back.

• Like 1

IMG-20190208-WA0002.jpg

The guy in back looks like a skeleton with a khopesh and a whip in robes, but remember that Death Grand Alliance is lead by 3 separate Tomb Kings (Nagash, Arkhan and Neferata though she leaned into Vampire Counts as well ).  It possible that new faction models for death could take design cues from the Tomb Kings. I did think the Skeletons in the artwork for Shadespire looked Tomb King-ish. 

Shadespire_Wallpaper1_1920x1080.jpg

The guy in the front reminds of Devoted of Sigmar see in this art work of Celestant Prime.igor-sid-41-celestant-prime.jpg?15302964

As someone who shares no love for TK I think thats pretty cool...

But then again it’s not my army,  I’ve said it before, Undead Order based in Azyr would be fantastic for TK, their background would suit the idea of them being Lore tied to the Realm of Heavens, but I imagined something along the line of “Good” undead with a dislike for tainted Chaos, looting Destruction, and Nagjash’s smelly undead Legion. Gold Flying Chariots, Death mask soldiers, Giants Constructs all led by withering Liches and princes in fine ornate armour...But guess they’re just in the Chambers now.

17 minutes ago, Kronos said:

As someone who shares no love for TK I think thats pretty cool...

But then again it’s not my army,  I’ve said it before, Undead Order based in Azyr would be fantastic for TK, their background would suit the idea of them being Lore tied to the Realm of Heavens, but I imagined something along the line of “Good” undead with a dislike for tainted Chaos, looting Destruction, and Nagjash’s smelly undead Legion. Gold Flying Chariots, Death mask soldiers, Giants Constructs all led by withering Liches and princes in fine ornate armour...But guess they’re just in the Chambers now.

If there's going to be a 'good' undead army it's either gonna be TK 2 electric boogaloo or some edgy anti-nagash vampire rebels. I'd be happy either way but if that stormvault opened and some bone boys in golden armour walked out i'd start playing order in a heartbeat.

We'll see with Warcry, but I think it's just a nod. Brettonians got a nod in FEC Battletome (Hollowmourne being a long-forgotten kingdom of heavily armored Knights searching for and protecting relics, some Courts worshipping Lady Olynder), so it's not inconceivable that this is just something similar. Kind of a "hey, we're not saying they are Tomb Kings, but the possibility is there, fill in your own blanks" type of deal.

1 hour ago, The_Yellow_Sign said:

I'm pretty annoyed that they turned yet another unique character into a golden poster-boy. Bleh.

I would be ok if:

Sigmar got Settra back, hidden in a corner of the realms, along with his kin, and kept a secret to be used in case Nagash started being too much of a ******.

They would "come back" like stormcasts do, but would act completly independent and be its own faction but against common foes (chaos and death).

Settra wouldnt accept to come back as a simple pawn to Sigmar.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, xking said:

Settra is dead and you are talking about him like he would be that big of a help against nagash, who is a god. Settra is no more special then any other of the countless Kings and emperors that have existed in the realms. Rulers of long dead nations that have built walking Titans and continent destroying weapons.

Even if he was reforged, there is no reason that he should get special treatment.

You are understimating Settra a lot. He was a king for millenias, beat the living ****** out of Arkhan the Black,  held his own against an Empowered Nagash for days.

Once destroyed he got the attention of the 4 Gods of Chaos who wanted him to kill Nagash, so they gave him a weapon (forgot the name) and reforged his body. 

Settra had Nagash cornered , but since he does not serve and Chaos gods had the balls to use him, he decided not kill the vulnerable Nagash and instead killed off a Horde of Greater Demons. Than he gave bone boy a see you later and entered the chaos realm to pay the gods a visit.

So yeah, Settra wasnt a small fry as you made him be.

• Like 6

I feel like maybe the former TK players idolise Settra a little too much :P

But yeah, the thing to keep in mind is this is a Black Library author. So at best the process will have been that he came up with the idea, ran it past GW, and they said 'ok, sure'. At worst, it might not have even been noticed at all. It could inspire stuff down the line, maybe, but it definitely won't be an indication of stuff GW already has in the pipeline. 

I mean, The Silver Shard has Khorne-worshiping pirates and giant monster sharks in it - would you take that as a hint at an upcoming nautical-themed Chaos release? 

• Like 3

If this Settrus is Settra, how do we know that he still remember his old live? I mean, if Sigmar needs your soul, I'm sure he will lobotomize you to take care of any possible drawbacks that the your old dude had. 

But my main concern is what will happen if Settrus recovers his memory? On my book, Horus Heresy will become a fairy tale.😂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, xking said:

Settra is dead and you are talking about him like he would be that big of a help against nagash.

Well Nagash, Morathi, Teclis, Thanqoul, all the special named Vampires,and many more named Heroes died in the e d times.

And funny to say  but they all came alive back, as Gods or other things.

So settra having been dead doesn’t really matter in this case

Edited by Skreech Verminking

4 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Well Nagash, Morathi, Teclis, Thanqoul, all the special named Vampires,and many more named Heroes died in the e d times.

And funny to say  but they all came alive back, as Gods or other things.

So settra having been dead doesn’t really matter in this case

Settra (An Undead Ruler of Undead not bound to Nagash) returning would be more "logical" (we talking fiction logic here) than Morathi becaming a Demigodess, yet here she is (and i quite enjoy both her sculpture and her lore).

Settra could be a demigod by now somewhere in the realms, who knows?  He isnt the sort of guy who quits...

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, xking said:

Marathi did not die, the Incarnates did not die( they became dormant). Thanqoul was saved by the great horned rat. And the vampires were saved thanks to Nagash. Teclis is the odd one. 

I dono, a person beeing eaten and digested for years sounds very dead to me🤔.

The incarnates, are we talking about Sigmar?

At the end of The End Times: Nagash most of Khemri turned their back on Settra and joined Nagash. These forces could indeed have survived the destruction of the world-that-was through Nagash. I feel that if the Tomb Kings did indeed make a return they would be thralls to Nagash and indeed a Death faction.

Edited by Greyshadow