The Rumour Thread

12 hours ago, Shankelton said:

Curious, do you know if anyone posted their submissions/ talked about their vision regarding those allegiance abilities? Seems like a fun read if they have!

I'd not particularly planned on posting my submission, but would be happy to share it. This isn't the right topic to do so in though, but anyone who is interested can message me.

The only other "rumour-y" thing to come out of the process was something I learnt about the shadespire warbands. We discussed the creative process behind coming up with stuff, and they mentioned that in that case the miniatures came first, as test pieces and study models, which the design studio started playing with since they had some around. They thought it would be cool to design a game to work with those models, and to get the sculpts out there somehow. Maybe this is already well known, but I don't think i've seen it mentioned anywhere else. I don't have any particular theories about what that could mean for future stuff though. It was just a cool thing that came up.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Lucentia said:

The thing that makes it a possibility in my eyes is that, as far as I'm aware,  all the models for Underworlds represent existing units in AoS, or units that will exist at least (Though this was more true for Shadespire than it is for Nightvault, where Mollog is a distinct type of Dankhold Troggoth, and the Briar Queen is a wholly unique character).  But in any case it looks like the Sylvaneth warband are going to include some kind of revenant with a bow, which could certainly just be a standalone thing for Underworlds, but to me suggests the possibility of an expansion for the Sylvaneth range to match.

just fyi

The Chosen Axes, Fyerslayers warband from Shadespire. the leader is a Auric Runefather while the other 3 are Vulkite Berzerkers, one of which has a 2-handed axes(fyresteel Greataxe? or something) which has no mention of exisiting in the battletome and isnt an option for normal Vulkite Berzerjers

1 minute ago, Joseph Mackay said:

just fyi

The Chosen Axes, Fyerslayers warband from Shadespire. the leader is a Auric Runefather while the other 3 are Vulkite Berzerkers, one of which has a 2-handed axes(fyresteel Greataxe? or something) which has no mention of exisiting in the battletome and isnt an option for normal Vulkite Berzerjers

Yet. 😉

Edited by Sete

6 hours ago, Elmir said:

Does anybody have any idea when the next big event is that could have more AoS related reveals? I've not found a nice overview of 2019 yet with all the major events like nova, adepticon,... where they usually do these types of reveal seminars. 

The Las Vegas Open is next Week End

Expect some AOS reveals there

• Like 1

I only have one thing to say about this and we just have to look a few months back:

Malign Portents Destruction herald -> Fungoid Shaman.

Zarbag's gitz Nighvault warband released in october 2018.

Destruction rises in the Mortal Realms trailer released during Blood and Glory in november 2018.

Gloomspite Gitz reveal trailer released in december 2018 with the preorders and model releases in the following weeks.

Malign Portents Chaos herald -> Darkoath Warqueen (of which we know Darkoath isn't a faction and her army is Slaves to Darkness).

Godsworn Hunt Nightvault warband released in january 2019.

LVO in february, the month right after the release of the Nightvault warband, just like Blood and Glory, will probably have a trailer for the new AoS releases. (And if I had to guess, the preorders for Carrion Empire).

Which means, if the pattern continues, Slaves to Darkness or however the Undivided army that includes them, Everchosen and the Undivided daemons is called, would have a reveal trailer somewhere in early March, with the release in the following weeks.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

Pretty sure there's an 'eye of the gods' style rule in the Slaves to Darkness allegiance ability about turning into a Daemon Prince, right? 

We could reasonably assume that it'll be implemented in the new Slave to Darkness book (considering that Beasts of Chaos integrated the Brayherd GHB allegiance). I think it's likely that we'll not only get Darkoath units in an StD release but a new Daemon Prince kit.

The current Daemon Prince kit is old and crucially hasn't been a part of any start collecting bundle. And since they've hinted at a 40k Chaos Marine release this year too, that could pull double duty. I'm curious about two lore questions related to that, though: is Belakor coming back and will there be any other undivided daemons (I guess they could remake the Furies) other than princes and grinders? 

The thing about the old Deamon prince kit, though, is that it's modular and customizable in a way new GW kits tend not be (with some exceptions, like the Rotguts, AoS stuff sacrifices customization for precise design). So if they wanted to do Daemon princes RIGHT, and they are such an iconic part of the lore, I could see them releasing 2 or 3 kits:

• A burly Daemon Prince (which would build as a Khorne or Nurgle prince)
  • A lithe Prince (builds Tzeentch or Slaanesh)
  • Possibly even a heavily armoured Prince (builds undivided or a re-imagined Belakor)

Splitting the concept of a DP into three kits would be the dream situation for customization, especially since the sprue is going to have to contain some 40k themed bits to make it work for both systems. The bits possibilities are endless, but I can just see the various different wing options (maimed Khornate bat-wings, rotting Nurgle fly wings, crooked Tzeentchian raven wings and bedazzled Slaaneshi butterfly wings). 

Reintegrating demon princes (and their different permutations) into the lore would really round out a chaos release. Plus it's an opportunity to make them more formidable on the TT. They don't need to be at the level of Greater Daemons, but as it stands they are less scary than a foot Megaboss. Surely they should be a 250 point brawler that could go toe-to-toe with a Dankhold Troggoth? 

Hm. I don't know how to feel about this. On the one hand... great! A battletome, dice, terrain, spells... These are Good Things. On the other, I feel like this pretty definitively closes the door on new Skaven models for a while, especially on the Gloomspite-style launch I really had my fingers crossed for. 

Bit disappointed if I'm honest, though that's not to say I'm not grateful for what we're getting.

3 minutes ago, Kirjava13 said:

Hm. I don't know how to feel about this. On the one hand... great! A battletome, dice, terrain, spells... These are Good Things. On the other, I feel like this pretty definitively closes the door on new Skaven models for a while, especially on the Gloomspite-style launch I really had my fingers crossed for. 

Bit disappointed if I'm honest, though that's not to say I'm not grateful for what we're getting.

With models essentially guaranteed for Darkoath/StD and Slaanesh this year, I don't personally see a lot of room for too many other full scale releases. I would love to be surprised though.

Edited by Nighthaunt Noob

3 minutes ago, Kirjava13 said:

Well this is the preorders for next week; it doesn't mean that there are no more new models of course; just that this is what will be sold next week for preorder. So  both armies could get a few more new things. Even if not its still a major release and the battletome for skavn will solidify what remains for the range. 

Just now, Nos said:

That’s a very small Skaven army 

It's an elite force of skyre rats so no clanrats and instead focusing on more expensive heavier hitting modes

Looking forward to more representation from both. Of course with three essentially new armies hitting the meta what little balance there is is probably going out the window but it’s going to be fun! 

Glad I kept my FEC start Collecting set. Although doubt that I’m going to find the enthusiasm to paint all those derpy wee guys anytime soon.

4 minutes ago, robinlvalentine said:

Much as I can understand FEC players and especially Skaven players being upset at the lack of new models, I'm really pleased to see GW committing to rapidly 'tidying up' AOS's mess of factions. 

Aye, its the biggest thing AoS needs at present; far more than new epic models. Securing factions like this and confirming their future in the range and the nature of that future is a huge thing and opens up a lot of doors for new players. 

• Like 5