The Rumour Thread

17 minutes ago, Overread said:

Well Cultists are up on the GW page for pre-order next week

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/01/27/pre-order-preview-genestealer-cults/

So that means the next two weeks will likely be all Cultist pre-orders before we'll see anything new for AoS. 

Is there anything else than what's in the article? It looks like they're releasing everything in a single week, showing once again that GW's release schedule for the next few months is packed to the brim!

5 minutes ago, Minis by Night said:

Is there anything else than what's in the article? It looks like they're releasing everything in a single week, showing once again that GW's release schedule for the next few months is packed to the brim!

There's a new vehicle that they showed off last week, the medical unit and his assistant and also the models from the previous duel release (wolves and cultists). So there's enough for 2 solid weeks of releases for them, 

Personally I think if GW can ensure at least 1 new Battletome per month for the year we'll be in a really strong position for AoS come the end. 2 a month every so often would be great and there's certainly some that could be updated without releasing many if any new models. 

Edited by Overread

4 hours ago, xking said:

Karl-Franz looks like he would fit right in with the "Anvils of the Heldenhammer" stormhost(same colors, deathly aspect).  I wonder if he was one of the souls imprisoned in the Great Oubliette.  If so, then he could return as character in AoS.  Also at the end of the dread solstice campaign the "Anvils of the Heldenhammer" were specifically called out as being hugely expanded. With with heroes trapped since before the Age of Myth and the there is the last part "None can say what fate the Mortal Realms will face in the dark days to come, and all attempts to unseat Nagash have failed, but at least the forces of Order, Destruction and Chaos alike will face the looming darkness with their greatest heroes restored to them."

We could see some new Anvils of the Heldenhammer named  characters this year.

Let‘s hope so!

62B5826C-2D6A-454A-94B0-E83F91973C20.jpeg

Edited by JackStreicher

8 hours ago, RexHavoc said:

. I don't want to display AoS books and 40k books together, I like the genres separate but with the odd numbers (I didn't want to buy all 10) on the spine they will look out of place if placed apart on the shelf.  I ran out of space ages ago and some of my 40k books sit next to my AoS rulebooks now and it makes me mad just looking at it! Can't wait to get some new shelf space in the summer and rearrange everything back to it's own shelves!

Sing it!

I'm so with you. Everything in its place, especially books. Heck, I have four distinct game rooms to keep the streams from crossing. One each for 40K/Epic/Kill Team, AoS, Arcadia Quest/Zombicide/Massive Darkness, and "board-ish" games like Blood Bowl/Underworlds/Monsterpocalypse.

No mixing!

Good luck with your new shelves.

😁

Edited by Sleboda
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Heck, I have four distinct game rooms to keep the streams from crossing. One each for 40K/Epic/Kill Team, AoS, Arcadia Quest/Zombicide/Massive Darkness, and "board-ish" games like Blood Bowl/Underworlds/Monsterpocalypse.

No mixing!

Good luck with your new shelves.

😁

Will you be my sugar daddy

14 hours ago, xking said:

So "From the Deep" and "The Deeper Shade" do not feature deepkin at all. 

"The Sea Taketh" is great. A kharadron steals something from the lost city of Aighmar and the deepkin pursue him. Generally very creepy. My criticism would be some of the description is rushed or vague, particularly of the city at the end. Also the deepkin lose a bit of mystery when there is a sky chase between a gun hauler and a turtle that came off as silly. Probably a solid 3.8/5

"The Learning" I didn't like at all. Lots of lore inconsistencies. It says that deepkin can't tame beasts without breaking their spirits, but in the battletome it says they can build bonds with intelligent beasts. It also said the cythai were silver helms and dragon knights, which makes no sense. Generally not that great setting. 2/5

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, The_Yellow_Sign said:

Man, soon AoS will be just like 40K with a glut of different Stormcast chapters. Stormwolves, Bloodcast, etc. 

Hopefully not. New white dwarf supplements with cool ways to use your models will be sweet, but stormcast is already drowning in options as it is. xD Hope they focus on some other factions, and pepper in a few hero's for stormcast instead. Maybe some that buff the less desirable units, spread the list diversity around well allowing for some cool narrative mixed with solid rules.

1 hour ago, HollowHills said:

So "From the Deep" and "The Deeper Shade" do not feature deepkin at all. 

"The Sea Taketh" is great. A kharadron steals something from the lost city of Aighmar and the deepkin pursue him. Generally very creepy. My criticism would be some of the description is rushed or vague, particularly of the city at the end. Also the deepkin lose a bit of mystery when there is a sky chase between a gun hauler and a turtle that came off as silly. Probably a solid 3.8/5

"The Learning" I didn't like at all. Lots of lore inconsistencies. It says that deepkin can't tame beasts without breaking their spirits, but in the battletome it says they can build bonds with intelligent beasts. It also said the cythai were silver helms and dragon knights, which makes no sense. Generally not that great setting. 2/5

I would rate The Sea Taketh higher, but I agree on The Learning. I was crazy disappointed in that one given how awesome David Guymer did writing TST. 

6 hours ago, Shankelton said:

Hopefully not. New white dwarf supplements with cool ways to use your models will be sweet, but stormcast is already drowning in options as it is. xD Hope they focus on some other factions, and pepper in a few hero's for stormcast instead. Maybe some that buff the less desirable units, spread the list diversity around well allowing for some cool narrative mixed with solid rules.

There are at least 3 more chambers to release going by the battletome and the persistent theory of rogue (gone mad ones) 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Laststand said:

There are at least 3 more chambers to release going by the battletome and the persistent theory of rogue (gone mad ones) 

Oh totally. I'm sure will see those as full releases. They sell too well not too. I was more just dreaming out loud xD

Hopefully they just dont let the unit creep continue at least. 

1 hour ago, Laststand said:

Oh god, is there no man brave enough to keep a raging God from that one button away.

We really need a chamber that does exactly that 

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Laststand said:

that not counting the possibility of releasing different Stormhost into becoming their own army like space marine chapters are in 40k

• Sad 2

For those who are unaware the "Tome Celestial" contained in the White Dwarf of february has 4 Stormcast battallions.

4 really bad battallions.

One battallion is a mega-battallion (it looks cute for narrative battles and nothing else), one battallion can't be played at 2000 points (it requires too many heroes) and the other two are on the bad side of battallions.

I haven't seen the point cost of those battallions, there may be none, so for most of us is useless stuff.

And please stop wining about new Stormcast stuff, it feels really bad to be "hated" so much. 

Seeing the trend I fully expect GW to develop Stormcast into Space Marines (something like different stormhosts as opposed to differet chapters). It will happen, it's not a matter of if but when.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Ghark said:

Not really a rumour here, but while browsing artstation to get awesome AoS & 40k themed wallpaper, I ran into the full Carrion Empire cover which was already shown in a video, but this time in bigger resolution here.

Great piece of art IMHO!

Yes It’s looks great.

love the detail and that there are clanrats and a Stormvermins in the background fighting, makes it so much more interesting.