The Rumour Thread

My twitching eyelids finally got the best of me.

Wrath & Rapture is a duel kit (one box with two opposing forces).

A box of fanatics or squigs that can make two different units is a dual kit.

If you would rather do one thing as opposed to another, you'd rather do this than that.

If you would like to do both, one after the other, you'd like to do this then that.

Also, get off my lawn.

Edited by Sleboda
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Ragnar Alpaca said:

I guess I meant less breakable, like many squigs are only attached by a foot, and the fanatics are only attached with rope. 

Welcome to my world and the curse of fragile khinari! 

Thankfully nothing broken but darn if I'm scared that a stray wind will destroy the army in a second

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Minis by Night said:

centipede.jpg.58af89d7522c5066226694515aa23269.jpg

About the centipede mentioned a few pages back: I can totally see that, with a little grot riding on top!

and more! If you look at the blurry picture, there is no "tail" for the centipede, it ends abruptly... Maybe it will be erupting from the soil, with some sort of tunneling rule like the fyreslayers runepriest or the Dreadmaw!!!! :x 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Overread said:

Welcome to my world and the curse of fragile khinari! 

Thankfully nothing broken but darn if I'm scared that a stray wind will destroy the army in a second

Oddly enough, I've never had my Khinerai break. Morathi, however...her spear (in either form) will break off during a stiff breeze.

I’m really not seeing either squigs or squig hoppers being dual kits. Sure, the hoppers have weapon options but that’s the only difference I can see and I can’t see anything at all to suggest the squigs would be a dual kit.

Which is fine, I’m just not seeing why people are saying dual kits.

Edit: ok, I’m seeing the armoured option for the squig hoppers now - and I’m loving it!!!

Edited by ManlyMuppet88

1 hour ago, Antonio Rodrigues said:

and more! If you look at the blurry picture, there is no "tail" for the centipede, it ends abruptly... Maybe it will be erupting from the soil, with some sort of tunneling rule like the fyreslayers runepriest or the Dreadmaw!!!! :x 

I'm exepting the covergitz to be on top

6 minutes ago, Choombatta said:

I think they use this term as in "All under one roof".

Oh god i feel so stupid right now hahahah

7 minutes ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

That’s what I thought too but it looks like the first photo on the new Community article shows multiple. The ones holding lances.

Same as above hahaha

Now which is a better name, Knight Goblins or Shroom Knights...

Also... I wonder if this answers the dual kit question? A combined regular/armoured squig hoppers kit and a separate squigs with herders box. They really don't seem to share much in the way of common bits or even squig faces and it wouldn't be the first time WHC got this kind of detail wrong.

Edited by sandlemad

9 hours ago, RexHavoc said:

From the article it does seem to suggest that it is going to be a duel kit, with tons of left overs. But comparing the two units, there is a huge amount of difference, even things like the squig legs and mouths/faces seem to be different. Not to mention the hopper crew have huge differences to the herders.

I'd love it if it was a duel kit with that many left overs. I'm a converter/painter first and foremost and all those left over parts will be amazing conversion fodder.

Realistically though, I dont see it being a duel kit, even though that it what GW tends to aim for now, unless it is insanely priced. 10 squigs, 10 hopper riders and 2-4 herders seems like an awful lot of parts to squeeze into one kit, not to mention the spare legs, mushrooms, snails and other odds n ends in the kit.

It does say ''new kit'' rather than new kits, so maybe it is. I'm pleased if it is as well, as I'm not so keen on the gas like/spore part of the hoppers and great as the grot on the squig mouth is, I think I could only manage one in an army before I found the model repetitive. With that many parts, we will be able to customise the squigs exactly to our liking.  With a bunch of legs and mouths left over as well, it should be too hard to sculpt some extra bodies too.

I am pretty sure these are separate boxes and not a dual kit.  The bases/bodies of the squigs are the main give-away here.  When GW does a dual kit they generally reuse the body and then create enough extra bits to make them look very distinct.  In addition, when they model jumping or flying models and combine them with basing to make the effect the bits for the body are usually attached to the bits from the base - rather than being separate and glued together.  An example here are the Khinerai (harpies) from Daughters of Khaine.  That kit has the bodies attached to the bit from the base and the 2 versions of Khinerai share the same main body.

If you examine the two pictures you will see that the bodies and base bits are completely different for both kits and do not have overlap.  If it was a single kit that built both units you would expect some of the parts to be shared - otherwise you could build both units from a single box purchase.  I don't really see anything shared between the squig kits from the first preview.

Now, it may be the case that there are more than one type of cave squig unit and more than one type of hopper unit and then each box is a dual kit for that unit type (or just weapon options).  As an example, in today's designer article you can see a squig hopper unit that looks like knights with little bits of armor on the grots and squigs and the riders are carrying lances.  While in yesterday's model preview they showed more traditional squig hoppers with unarmored riders armed with hand weapons.  If you look close enough you can notice that the squigs and base bits are shared for both types of squig hoppers - so they are probably made from the same kit.

Yeah , I took a good look at both pics and there are so many bits that don't look the same, and I dont see how the hands attach to the squigs on the hoppers, and not leave some sort of seam on the ones with out.

It does say in the article thought that its a new kit rather than new kits.

Either way, I'm happy enough. New plastic squigs with tons of left overs or new plastic squigs with a few leftovers across two boxes. I'll take 100 please lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kramer said:

I like how they moved away from the hunched posed, to the bodies being stretched from the force of the ball. 

Older versions of fanatics had this same type of movement.  The Brian Nelson metal sculpts that were the version prior to the plastic version appear to have very much inspired this resculpt.  Prior to the Brian Nelson sculpts there was the Kev Adams sculpts from the early 90s that did not have a lot of movement but really embodied the silliness and drunkeness of the Night Goblins.  And then the versions prior to that from the 80s while not having as much detail definitely conveyed a lot of movement and did a good job making it look like the goblin was out of control and going wherever the weight of the ball took them rather than controlling the swing of the ball & chain.