The Rumour Thread

7 minutes ago, michu said:

Looks like one of Squig Herders (old ones have someone like him), but on their photo he's absent.

Looks like the kit has 2 options of herder and two options of 'musician"... There is the bagpipe dude and this one with the gongs, and the herder we have the one appearing on the photo and another one that appears on a blurry pic of the book...Capture3_PNG_0d591a68d1d70281c818544f450ac227.png.25b365e486738ec1dd778056e6bd4323.png

For those who seem to hate on anything old (i.e. WHFB-era), this release is an example of how you can use sculpting and design advancements to make something awesome and up-to-date out of concepts that mostly all go way back to the 1990's, and beyond.

That's not to say the completely new can't be great too, but GW has shown it can appeal to traditional fantasy fans with some releases and those with a preference for "out there" fantasy with other releases.

Edited by Kyriakin
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, michu said:

Destruction would want a word with you. Clearly we are the good guys - we always have fun in Mortal Realms.

No one is truely good. 

1 minute ago, pseudonyme said:

Yes, you are right, but don’t you think that non chaos and non order faction should receive some narrative love. We had Death, let’s have some Destruction. Slaneesh can wait

I agree. Death got a year. I would love to see this new entity of the bad moon come alive due to the necroquake. Just think though once Slaanesh is out very little reason to see the the gods armies for a while.

2 minutes ago, Ryan Taylor said:

Problem is they have several armies and Chaos is a grand alliance but people lump them all together

I suppose I just don't see people complaining about the number of Order releases (specific factions, sure, but not Order as a whole). Seems like Chaos is the one that gets grouped together the most, probably because it was pretty unified in Fantasy. 

1 minute ago, pseudonyme said:

Yes, you are right, but don’t you think that non chaos and non order faction should receive some narrative love. We had Death, let’s have some Destruction. Slaneesh can wait

Oh yeah, I do think they should get more love :) Just find it a shame when Chaos is treat like a monolith; for example, I couldn't care less about Skaven (no offense to Skaven fans), so a Skaven release may count as a Chaos release but it wouldn't be as if every Chaos player was given something (same as Order, Death, and Destruction factions).

• Sad 1

Anymore room on that wagon beca Se Im all in. The concept, the sculpts, all of it. I didn’t know I wanted or needed this range until I saw it. Everything so far is amazing, and I havent even seen a troll yet. The king is amazing, the fantastics are a huge ste up, the swuigs are otherworldly cool. Everything is simply flawless for me. Cant wait to see what elese will be available. It all looks like it stepped out of this artwork, which the old range was falling just short off. Looks like I might have some Chaos models looking for a new home.

B8255F71-1A43-44CE-BDFC-EA0D5F498BFF.jpeg

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Thomas Lyons said:

All of the Gitz go on preorder on the 5th.

Oh my squig, I hope this is true, as they would be out and in my hands and I'd have two and half weeks left of the holidays to work on them! That would be amazing!

20 minutes ago, Hoseman said:

preorder on 5??? I thought on 5 will be open day and preorders on second half of JAnuary cause WD doesn't says anything about grots

White dwarf is always a month behind now. They will be in febs WD, out something like three weeks after release and after the community site have put everything on them out already (making WD almost pointless now)

1 hour ago, cash4u said:

The blurred Mangler Squigs don't seem to be the same Finecast model to me. Their teeth seem way more pronounced (going off of a horribly blurred image, but still.)

I just hope the new one doesn't outclass the old one too much in terms of size .  I just got a finecast one, am ok with a new one coming out because I still like this sculpt, but if a lot smaller then I will regret it. 

I was really hoping they'd bring the old Mangler design to plastic. I always skimped on getting one because people said it tends to sag over time from the weight of the Finecast, even if properly pinned. Plastic would have solved that. Maybe it'll still happen though.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Kronos said:

Anymore room on that wagon beca Se Im all in. The concept, the sculpts, all of it. I didn’t know I wanted or needed this range until I saw it. Everything so far is amazing, and I havent even seen a troll yet. The king is amazing, the fantastics are a huge ste up, the swuigs are otherworldly cool. Everything is simply flawless for me. Cant wait to see what elese will be available. It all looks like it stepped out of this artwork, which the old range was falling just short off. Looks like I might have some Chaos models looking for a new home.

B8255F71-1A43-44CE-BDFC-EA0D5F498BFF.jpeg

Thats one of the best and most iconic artworks.

Damn I miss WHFB  :(