The Rumour Thread

16 hours ago, RexHavoc said:

You obviously struggled with reading the whole post.

I 100% struggle with everything so I go online to complain.

Just let it go buddy, making multiple complaints about it isn't getting anywhere.  Email BL and say "I would pay money if you guys put all those stories in an iBook or ePub or .mobi."  Then moving on dot com.

• Haha 1

On 11/12/2018 at 8:58 PM, AshCrow said:

So? The horde of orcs is a concept everyone knows of and newcomers can find appealing. There's no need to have a spin on everything if the formula works. Beastmen were also old and look what supporting them and making them playable did.

Tzeentch does not use guitars, does not use any instrument in fact. Tzeentch is the composer !

I don't think this counts as a leaked image as it's just the side of a box that we've already seen, but this was taken at PAX (starts 30th of November). If the box is open and meant to be played at the event, then this may mean the rules and other parts of the box will be revealed. I hope so!

20181129_112605.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Enoby said:

I don't think this counts as a leaked image as it's just the side of a box that we've already seen, but this was taken at PAX (starts 30th of November). If the box is open and meant to be played at the event, then this may mean the rules and other parts of the box will be revealed. I hope so!

20181129_112605.jpg

I'll be at PAX this Saturday. If I see it on display, I'll try to snap some photos 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Enoby said:

20181129_112605.jpg

Always amazing to see ‘Eavy Metal stuff in regular lighting, thought the same at Warhammer World this year.  Obviously it’s still a great paint job but it’s crazy how much more attainable thevstandard appears when you see it outwith the pages of White Dwarf.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nos said:

Always amazing to see ‘Eavy Metal stuff in regular lighting, thought the same at Warhammer World this year.  Obviously it’s still a great paint job but it’s crazy how much more attainable thevstandard appears when you see it outwith the pages of White Dwarf.

Yeah, it makes you wonder if they tweak the photos. Would be perfectly reasonable. I work with some photographers and for other product shoots it’s the norm. 

Shoes and the like are mostly coloured in afterwards. So you get the exact same picture but in all available colours. 

2 hours ago, Nos said:

The bit that always amazes me is how much detail they actually cram in - when you look at this super tiny model and can actually see the pupils in it's eyes...  I was lucky enough to get to hold & look up close at the Slann that won the Classic Slayer Sword this year - truly humbling to see something that not only was perfectly painted, but conveyed textures!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, khadgar567 said:

why not they might day view chaos stormcast eternals if one of the darts hit it.

"Hey, let's make an Order version of the Chaos Warriors!"

"Sure"

"Hey, let's make a Chaos version of the Order version of the Chaos Warriors!"

Why people keep spouting Chaos Stormcasts? They make no sense  because he concept already exists.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

The bit that always amazes me is how much detail they actually cram in - when you look at this super tiny model and can actually see the pupils in it's eyes...  I was lucky enough to get to hold & look up close at the Slann that won the Classic Slayer Sword this year - truly humbling to see something that not only was perfectly painted, but conveyed textures!

Yes i’ve seen some Golden Demon stuff face to face as it where before and the achievement of texture on a flat surface is always the thing that impresses me most.

I think what I mean though is that then you see it as a mini in its actual scale rather than an inflated photo it makes it more relatable. I feel as though I can see how they’ve accomplished something,  a mastery of techniques that pretty much everyone uses, even if they are executed at a level few people are ever able to accomplish.  It’s like the difference between seeing sport on TV and live. The athleticism and skill seen live is no different to what it is on TV but TV coverage lingers on and maximises the extraordinary to a degree that the naked eye can’t perceive in the flesh which leads to a distortion of expectation and perception.

At Warhammer World they have some  Demon winners from the late 90’s that I used to salivate over. And they are no less impressive in the flesh in a sense, but they’re also just models painted to a very good standard. That demystification experience was very healthy for my own attitude and approach to painting. Anyone who pains is closer than they think to that standard.

Edited by Nos
  • Like 6