The Rumour Thread

14 minutes ago, elfhead said:

The only thing that has me worried is that we might not see slaanesh released In january ( slaanuary) like we had chaos releases at the start of previous years. Because with all these releases the release schedule seems packed.

Well, the next battletome will be moonclan. So I doubt there’ll be a Slaanesh battletome in January. 

12 minutes ago, elfhead said:

The only thing that has me worried is that we might not see slaanesh released In january ( slaanuary) like we had chaos releases at the start of previous years. Because with all these releases the release schedule seems packed.

You have a point. I think we might be looking at February/March release. That said, I'd rather they got their own focus rather than crammed in with everything else - Slaanesh's escape seems like a major plot point that shouldn't be brushed over (nor get in the way of any other plot points).

• Like 1

I suspect Darkoath will fill a different niche to Khorne Barbarians. Just the fact they have magic and ranged alone does that. I mean Chaos afaik (6th ed onwards) only ranged was magic gubbins (including daemon allies or spawn vomit etc) or the Hellcannon. Adding javelins or bows makes things very different.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sabotage! said:

For the Darkoath, I really dig the dog and absolutely hate everything else. It looks like Franzetta barbarians met an anime hair and weapon designer. 

That's what both the Warqueen and Chieftain look like too, and honestly I kind alike it :P

Edited by zedatkinszed
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, michu said:

I like everything in the Darkoath warband except the leader - she looks weird like her proportions are off.

I`m not exactly sure what you`re saying....like those guys aren`t so much on roids they shouldn`t be actually able to reach over to their own shoulder on the other side? Huhm....I see some more proportional discrepancy on other miniatures in AoS ;)

It`s a matter of personal taste, I know. The warqueen though looks a lot better than on the artwork. Somehow it looks a bit more comicbook like, which is an art style that fits the range as a whole.

6 hours ago, elfhead said:

That was never likely though. Slaanesh's captivity is too pivotal to the lore to be let out the bag this early. Wouldnt expect a full release for until Ulgu Aelves show up given they're joined at the hip

1 hour ago, Nos said:

That was never likely though. Slaanesh's captivity is too pivotal to the lore to be let out the bag this early. Wouldnt expect a full release for until Ulgu Aelves show up given they're joined at the hip

I agree but it's really cool they are giving us a mini release in the build up to a major release with this box set

Also isn't so cool to have loads of releases for differs for different armies via underworlds and also the grand alliance system means you can try out new units really easily 

Long live age of sigmar! 

• Like 1

Slaanesh release can still happen without  it escaping it prison though and it can escape later on.

However the daemon release where usually a follow up for their specific Chaos Space marine legion release so I am not sure it because Emperor Children hasn't been release yet.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Carnelian said:

I agree but it's really cool they are giving us a mini release in the build up to a major release with this box set

Also isn't so cool to have loads of releases for differs for different armies via underworlds and also the grand alliance system means you can try out new units really easily 

Long live age of sigmar! 

Aye I think  these mini releases keep the world of AOS a lot more alive then retroactive battle tomes for older armies

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Lord Veshnakar said:

I can't help but see a resemblance between these two. Perhaps wishful thinking but I wonder if this is part of a "Curse of Da Bad Moon" endless spell or something similar? 

May8-RumourEngine1oc.jpg

Untitled.png

Ive been wondering for months on what that rumor mill picture is. A lot of releases could have been it (like those new dogs from wrath and rapture) but none of them make the cut so far, so maybe it could be a squig of some sort.

12 hours ago, Zambo said:

The bad moon rises again  ? 

couldnt be happier I am just praying that my 200+ models all remain playable and get some wonderful new re-enforcements and a wonderful rewrite of there rules ?

if I was wishing for the cherry on top, skarsnik retuning on a giant  gobbla blasting things with his trident would be amazing. And as they talked about the souls of heroes from the past being released in malign portents not an impossible concept ?

Now we need the old enemies back, bring on battletome  rat and stuntie so we can all go toe to toe again. 

I Second that! Destruction needs more interesting and identifiable characters. Skarsnik or a similar grot warboss would be perfect.

• Like 1

Don't forget the new 10 novella series comes out on pre-release today with a release next week - there's 4 AoS stories in there and its likely well worth getting them or one of the two complete sets (digital or print). Interestingly if you get the all-in-one you get one free. 

9 minutes ago, Hankster said:

I Second that! Destruction needs more interesting and identifiable characters. Skarsnik or a similar grot warboss would be perfect.

I agree there needs to be more characters but I believe the Old World characters should remain dead unless they return as Gods or Demi-Gods so no Skarsnik for me please.

49 minutes ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

I agree there needs to be more characters but I believe the Old World characters should remain dead unless they return as Gods or Demi-Gods so no Skarsnik for me please.

I disagree. It‘s fine if some return with a plausible lore-friendly explanation. A little nostalgia is great.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Overread said:

Don't forget the new 10 novella series comes out on pre-release today with a release next week - there's 4 AoS stories in there and its likely well worth getting them or one of the two complete sets (digital or print). Interestingly if you get the all-in-one you get one free. 

Interesting... any, idea what there focus will be?