The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Elmir said:

Slightly later then expected, but I also think it'll be here in less than three months. This also means I might be dead wrong about Slaanesh begin the winter release, like all the other chaos stuff.

That's not a bad thing, destruction needs that book more tbh.

not sure what I want the most, but I hope there is at least a small gap between cause I cant afford moonclan and slaanesh at the same time :P

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Elmir said:

Slightly later then expected, but I also think it'll be here in less than three months. This also means I might be dead wrong about Slaanesh begin the winter release, like all the other chaos stuff.

That's not a bad thing, destruction needs that book more tbh.

2 minutes ago, Minis by Night said:

That's not totally true. We have some Rumour Engine that stay unsolve for almost a year. The first trailer for Wrath & Rapture was back in August, and it's November already, and since they didn't show all the new models yet, we can't expect that to be released before at least December, possibly January.

It's an interesting thought that GW would start hinting at stuff that will be released within a three-month window. My gut tells me that aside from Chapter Approved we'll be seeing most of this stuff sometime around January or later. 

I do really like all those models but the base changes is really frustrating. Not because I think it makes a vast amount of difference in game but because it seems a lot of other people do. My fiends have been rebased onto 40mm round bases because that's what they're supposed to be using according to the base they come with and the suggested base size sheet, And yet, these new fiends are on larger new oval bases so I either need to cut them off again or hope the ovals are 40mm wide and try to get together some kind of base adapter.

Edited by firebat

I'm so glad that GW had the courage to keep the Slaanesh stuff a bit sexy ... but also really dig the "unholy what the heck but how I mean yikes freakiness" of the other aspects of the fiend anatomy. Older models were just these weird things. These new ones are all like "ooo, hey, look at that cutie" from the front and then you turn them and you go "sweet lord, is that some ... thing ... attached to that sexy creature's hind end?"

It's just very, very unsettling (in the right way) how the forms blend. Well done, GW.

Edited by Sleboda
  • Like 1

In conclusion, pretty much everything that we expected and predicted? 

Moonclan release is exciting although I wouldn't expect it til next year at this point, not much else to say besides the fact that I hope they get a full release with plenty new models and crazy rules etc.  The Darkoath are great, proper Frazetta style barbarian goodness. The axe and bow dude are pretty static though. The accompanying text to me suggests they won't be getting a proper release for a while. It sort of reads like "These are a nice little garnish for Chaos aren't they, something a bit different to paint". My hopes were high for a full release soonish, but I'm not expecting anything until at least summer after this.

Not really taken with Wrath and Rapture to be honest. 

The new four legs of the fiends make them look rooted and stiff to me. Compare them to the steeds and it's even more apparent. They needed to be doing something lithe or like wrapped around something.  As per, they're not remotely alluring or sensually disturbing either. Just the usual Bondage Lobster.  I was really expecting something more Clive Barker-that's obviously the touchstone for the big S- but it's just more of the same. Incredibly pedestrian given that it's the first of Slaanesh's return., and everything that means in the lore. Really weak. What has Slaanesh been up to in his/her captivity, what's the ace up his/her sexy freaky sleeve? Oh same as before. Cool. 

The khorne hounds look like the one in Jurassic Park who ate Newman in the Jeep. They look Dogey, almost a bit squig like. Very average.

Unrelated to AOS-

Blackstone hasn't blown me away to be honest. It's good, confident quality but I expected more. Silver Tower was really quite different. This is more of the same just in 40K. The new rogue trader/blanchitsu-esque aesthetic they're trying on of late is fine but it also looks a little lost. It's neither trad GW nor is it its own confident statement, it's a sort of halfway point. Too clean and not bleak enough. The newly revealed priest is a good example, all the ingredients are there but the pose is way too expansive which paired with the rest of his props kind of makes him look ridiculous, he's the sort of typical figure of clergy ridicule-plump, inelegant, overly emotional, soft. Priest's in 40k should be terrifying, not figures of ridicule. He looks like a caricature.   New CSM are basically the CSM Chosen from Dark Vengeance. Which are amazing but I mean,  another 5 models in that aesthetic 6 years later is the reality of it. Don't like the new Delaque at all. Look like a Nosferatu convention.

This is a total aside but GW's creep towards making everything look sort of overdone or look a Golden Demon entry, ala the cape on the Eldar, with the painting nags me more each time I see it. The pattern and blending on everything is obviously immaculate from a craft perspective but I feel the models are sort of lost in the paint job increasingly. 

Edited by Nos
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HollowHills said:

I wish people would stop harping on about new slaanesh models, you've seen a herald of stuff coming. You should be jumping out of your skin with happiness. 

The only harping on I've seen is in excitement for the new models :D I think people just want to talk about what could be coming. 

2 minutes ago, Nos said:

It sort of reads like "These are a nice little garnish for Chaos aren't they, something a bit different to paint". My hopes were high for a full release soonish, but I'm not expecting anything until at least summer after this.

Once again ... were you expecting from them to say "hey there's a moonclan battletome next but don't buy it cause Darkoath is coming too" ?

Edited by Sev

Well we know GW has to hit AoS hard and fast with updates; its not like a new game where they can slowly release stuff; they've got most of the model inventory out on the shelves already awaiting books. So they've got every reason to push things as fast as they can now (esp since 40K is nearly finished - ps anyone else see all those new sisters model teasers!)

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Nos said:

In conclusion, pretty much everything that we expected and predicted? 

I would say for some things like the Moonclan/Destruction teaser, it was something we were expecting months ago thanks to rumors. If this teaser was released during NOVA then we would be getting some new models/spells teased by now. Still, yes it was pretty much what we were expecting but its still great because before this we had very little to show for what was coming up for us in GW. 

7 minutes ago, Sev said:

Once again ... were you expecting from them to say "hey there's a moonclan battletome next but don't buy it cause Darkoath is coming too" ?

No, I wasn't expecting a Dark Oath tome and nothing in the reveal has suggested I should have thought otherwise. As I said this was pretty much everything that had been predicted on here. 

I'm not sure how long you've been in the hobby if you think GW releasing multiple things would ever put anyone off from buying something. It's sort of notoriously a hobby of impulsive purchases and people buying way more than they need to. I don't think that's why they haven't revealed a Darkoath release. I think it's because that won't be one for a while. 

Edited by Nos

That has to be one of the best previews of the last months. Very complete  and just all around very good. 

I'm pretty hyped for Blackstone Fortress, would love Killteam AOS, the Darkoath are just how I want them to be - slightly over the top Frank Frazetta barbarians - Moonclan & with revisited Ironjaws shows some much needed love for Destruction. What else... I really like the Delaque look & am super happy about Necromunda rules being put together into 2 books instead of what, like 4? 

Oh, and Wrath & Rapture looks promising, too. 

• Like 2

My only minor dissapointment is I picked up Gang War 1 recently - not as miffed about picking up the underhive boxed set as I got tiles and terrain and tokens and more with that. But that is only one me and I'm really glad to see them putting all the Necromunda into two easy to digest books - it should really help get people into the game, esp as the core rules will now be sold outside of the boxed set. 

4 minutes ago, Overread said:

My only minor dissapointment is I picked up Gang War 1 recently - not as miffed about picking up the underhive boxed set as I got tiles and terrain and tokens and more with that. But that is only one me and I'm really glad to see them putting all the Necromunda into two easy to digest books - it should really help get people into the game, esp as the core rules will now be sold outside of the boxed set. 

Nice, one of my biggest peeves against getting into Necromunda was that I didn't like buying a big box set to get the book, then go buy a completely separate gang and another book that that gang is in. At least they got it right with Kill Team making the book standalone. I wonder if this new gangs book will have the white dwarf stuff like GSC. I wish they'd follow this format for Underworlds, especially if they're going to refresh it every year. Put out a set of updated cards, rules and tokens. I never got too into Shadespire the first time because and didn't feel that great about having to buy a box set with two war bands I don't want and them my Fyreslayers and now I have to do it again if I want to play goblins and later KOs, which means I probably won't be getting into Nightvault or either of those war bands.