The Rumour Thread

It doesnt look very organic to me with those "buttons"... I see it more as a klaw for destruction; grot or ironjawz.

But if this is "organic"  , then it could ve a horn and not a claw. That would make more sense to me. A horn of a new daemonette of a new herald..

I have a feeling that is almost definitely Moonclan based on the look of the armor on the new Squig Herder for Shadespire. The Fungoid Shaman has a centipede on the top of his stave, so I'm thinking it may be armor plating on a giant centipede.  Of maybe some sort of sickle type weapon/ herding tool. There is also a possibility it is something for Slaanesh.

I don't think it is anything  from Underworld Season 3, because that's almost a year away, and it would be unusual to see something that far out.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kronos said:

Its Clawish which makes me think slaanesh, but also reminds me of the ironjawz claw weapon. Could be the curved armoured tip of a wing, maybe a new idoneth weapon. Or Stormcast are getting something funky.  Im perplexed, and now more than ever with that Darkoath curveball.

New army of some sort? Slaanesh? Those are my top votes. 

It's not for idoneth. I would love it if it was but no, the design consistency isn't there (from someone who has painted a lot of idoneth this year). 

It is an already painted model though. You can see from the textures etc. From what I know about new slaanesh it isn't that. It could be moonclan but I don't know much about that side of things sadly. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

It's not for idoneth. I would love it if it was but no, the design consistency isn't there (from someone who has painted a lot of idoneth this year). 

It is an already painted model though. You can see from the textures etc. From what I know about new slaanesh it isn't that. It could be moonclan but I don't know much about that side of things sadly. 

Anything besides harf herald you can share?

4 hours ago, rattila said:

It doesnt look very organic to me with those "buttons"... I see it more as a klaw for destruction; grot or ironjawz.

But if this is "organic"  , then it could ve a horn and not a claw. That would make more sense to me. A horn of a new daemonette of a new herald..

It’s not organic. At least the material might be but the accompanying text talks about the dots being bolts. 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/10/16/the-rumour-engine-tuesday-16th-october/

11 hours ago, youngSkywalker said:

As clear as a misty day :-P. Without free model shown there is no way to say it's a chair for sure. Much more likely is some sort of collar piece grown out of branches, probably part of her/his - damn those androgynous pointy ears - own body. Somehow I don't see a chair or throne in underworld, yet, although a walking talking fighting piece of furniture would be cool.

Calling it now, at one point a slightly above average aggressive chest will appear searching for a certain spellcaster with no respect of orthography, who has his profession stitched on his headgear. 

"Oook!"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Malin said:

Anything besides harf herald you can share?

Other than what's been said before... Two plastic heralds for khorne and slaanesh, new fiend and plastic bloodhounds. And that release schedules are very flexible so predicting exact time frames is difficult. 

I'm not a proper rumour monger I'm afraid. I just pry and investigate as much as I can. 

• Like 1

I love idoneth and they are my first army but I don't think they will have something new and there's a lot of army's that need extra units or some kind of review. 

Theres rumors of the sylvaneth, fireslayers, ironjawz, etc review with new battletome and new units but I don't see it in a short time. Maybe the underworlds warbands give a new unit for those armys, like the new sylvaneth with a new wizard and a unit of 3 tree revenants hitting like kurnoth (1 scythe, 1 greatsword and 1 bow are exactly kurnoth weapons) is a great add-on, but new units for those army's would be too much.  They should give love to other army's less popular and new for AoS like soup battletomes for old army's (free people, dwarfs, skavens, orruks, elfs) and focus on new things like popular grots, darkoath, Aelfs, slanesh, khorne daemons, new deathrattle, vampires, slaves to darkness, chaos dwarfs... there's so much they can do that focus on an army that feels complete (sylvaneth or fireslayers) maybe is not their priority. 

Underworlds warbands is a great tool to give something new to and army like a hero and a unit without going into touching battletome and they are making well with this new warbands (because season one are a bit low).

And for the rumour picture is clearly moonclan :)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Kronos said:

Its Clawish which makes me think slaanesh, but also reminds me of the ironjawz claw weapon. Could be the curved armoured tip of a wing, maybe a new idoneth weapon. Or Stormcast are getting something funky.  Im perplexed, and now more than ever with that Darkoath curveball.

It's been photoshopped to cut out the rest of the model maybe? Reminds me of the neck plates on the boobsnake.

• Thanks 1

To my eye it looks like a horn, thick base curving to a tapered tip. The shape and dimples on it look like rivets which makes me think its metal as opposed to bone/wood/something else. I'd figure it could be part of a helm or staff and I'd lean toward it being chaos based