The Rumour Thread

Man GW I hope you see how popular they are. Even when the new undead stuff was being teased for malign portents everyone seen the ghost looking ship and thought we were getting undead pirates of some sort. My heart broke. If you do your own AoS undead pirates put your own spin on them + AoS twist of ocurse I have full faith you can do something amazing. I will ditch my plan for order vs destruction so fast and go order vs death if they get them. 

26 minutes ago, Barkanaut said:

Man GW I hope you see how popular they are. Even when the new undead stuff was being teased for malign portents everyone seen the ghost looking ship and thought we were getting undead pirates of some sort. My heart broke. If you do your own AoS undead pirates put your own spin on them + AoS twist of ocurse I have full faith you can do something amazing. I will ditch my plan for order vs destruction so fast and go order vs death if they get them. 

dude you know they just going to look at this and say Hey let release more Stormcast except make them pirates with guns

• Haha 8

Ehm, could we get back to AOS Rumors and maybe stop the wish listing for something that is limited to WHFB and a video game! For one there is a Wishlisting topic now, and furthermore this is still rumours, or am I in the wrong threat?

That said, it's nice to see, what they made of a minor side-faction, taht was only present in lore and one single campaign. Moments like this make me wish, GW would have expended the WHFB line instead of killing it of. But what's done, 's done. And AoS offers a fresh canvas and presented real good stuff during the last year or year and ahalf. 

Minor sub-factions are cool, and even if they are too small or niche to be fully realized armies, they can work as Underworlds warbands or in a new boxed game.

That said, right. We are on rumors. Let’s just admire this faction and move to actual rumor discussion.

24 minutes ago, Bloodmaster said:

Ehm, could we get back to AOS Rumors and maybe stop the wish listing for something that is limited to WHFB and a video game! For one there is a Wishlisting topic now, and furthermore this is still rumours, or am I in the wrong threat?

Argh!

Boys, get the ramp!

• Haha 1

Speaking of rumours so what could still be possible this year? 

Potentually a yet to be named battletome with more endless spells? Maybe another 2 war bands for shadespire? The Wrath & Rupture box?

That would leave a potential Slaanesh release for new year and the still possible Moonclan release sometime between now and mid 2019 (if planned at all). Is that a fair summary?

A moment off topic, the new TWW2 DLC makes me really wish GW would produce more subfactions for Death as LON is cool but I would like more character like Flesh-Eater Courts. No complains on Nighthaunt but is quite big and would really be nice to just have smaller subfactions like the conclaves of the SCE (Deathrattle anyone?? Or the Ghost Sylvaneth in the last book from Josh?)

@alghero81 Right now there's Orktober going on which basically means the big release for this month is going to be the Ork codex for 40K. After that we know that Genestealer Cultists also require a codex, however there's been no firm news on if that is coming this year or not. It could easily fit into November or the very start of December. 

Adepticus Titanicus has warhounds coming this weekend for pre-order and there are also plastic weapon options for the Knights and Warlords to come in the future; one hopes they might at least get Warlord options out before Christmas,  a one sprue release though makes it a smaller release not a major one. 

There's also the Demon double army kit of Slaanesh and Khorne that was shown earlier in a preview (and for which one fiend of Slaanesh escaped the confines of the GW studios into the wild a few days ago). So chances are that will be coming end of this year as well as a fairly major release (esp as its likely to have four or so new kits at least). 

Finally Shadspire Underworld is likely to get one or two more releases as GW pushes out the new battle groups for that game as that game thrives on fast releases of those battlegroups

So that's already quite a few big things to come that we are mostly sort of aware of and which have a high possibility of appearing. Remembering also that December tends to slow things down as GW heads into the Christmas period so that month might be totally lost for new releases and instead could focus on christmas bundle kits and GW generally producing stock for the christmas sales. So on that score we've Orktober and then November as release months. I'd wager its not highly likely that we will see a new AoS battletome this year. It would be fantastic to see and could be possible if GW did another like Beasts of Chaos where its mostly just combining existing model small armies into a single functional larger force - along with one or two new plastic kits and a Battletome. I'd not expect a vast number of new kits or a new faction style release.

2 hours ago, Barkanaut said:

Fights on ship decks would go great with a skirmish revamp.

• Like 1

Part of me thinks GW is waiting to flesh out more factions before pushing Skirmish, just like how Killteam came out after GW had updated the vast bulk of 40K armies to new Codex releases. It would be foolish for GW to really push skirmish right now when so many factions are tiny and not complete; don't have battletomes and are not ready to entice people with skirmish and then have them expand into full AoS armies. 

Skirmish is the alternate and gateway game for many and it will only work like that if the range itself has solid armies to expand from. 

17 minutes ago, Arkanaut Admiral said:

I know it’s not AoS, but that game was showing a lot of good ideas for pirate themed armies.  Not just for Death, but the Grotbag Scuttlers too, who I’m still holding out for. :D

EDIT: I always thought the Mornghoul was a ghost for some reason.

Technically it is and has always been described as such, so yeah a bit weird that it looked quite fleshy in the video. Unless it's something else that just happens to borrow most of its aesthetic from it, which would be a bit odd.

Just now, El Syf said:

Technically it is and has always been described as such, so yeah a bit weird that it looked quite fleshy in the video. Unless it's something else that just happens to borrow most of its aesthetic from it, which would be a bit odd.

Actually its first appearance in FW book : Mounstrous Arcanum showed him with the same skin color we can see in the trailer.

And its description was the following :

Then their cadavers are warped and twisted into inhuman proportions, and they become something neither Ghost nor revenant, a terrifying mockery of life, a monstrous, razor-thin shadow of cold, dead flesh and frostbite-cracked bone, with a gaping maw of needle-teeth and a cavernous stomach that hangs open like a dreadful wound.

So I guess that it's just that since they are Nighthaunts in AoS we tend to think they are, whereas they were not in the world that was ;)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Aryann said:

What's with that Slaanesh new mini? You think they are making a release even this year as at the end of the video there was "coming soon" or they will just make a teaser near Christmas and a full release in January? 

We expect Khorne vs Slaanesh Daemons boxed set, Wrath and Rapture after the Orktober is over, followed by full Slaanesh release after new year

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Incineroar87 said:

Is it likely Slaanesh will get a new battletome with the new Fiend of Slaanesh ? 

My bet, no. This will be standalone boxed set with separate game with models usable in both 40K and AoS.

At best we can count on updated warscrolls, or warscrolls for new models previously unavailable.

Think book will be available early next year. So again, through Christmas we will droll and build our desire to posses new models which will come "soon"

Yeah I'm expecting Slaanesh in the new year - possibly tied to a big AoS release and story advance too - or at least a focus on that area of the Realms if there isn't story advance (they can easily focus on the growing power of Slaanesh woreshippers kicking up a fuss in the shadow realms - the story reveal could come later with the Devil Aelf faction getting an unveiling as they march in to tackle the issue that Morathi's forces have only held off). 

• Like 1