The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, DinoTitanedition said:

Well this isn`t exactly a rumour, we`ve been to the Warhammer fest in Düsseldorf and summed it up - so far for AoS the news were a new endless spell and the next setting for Warhammer Underworlds.

If you want to take a look, you can do it here - all critics are as usual welcome.

https://www.chaosbunker.de/en/2018/08/19/warhammer-fest-europe-2018-part-1/

https://www.chaosbunker.de/en/2018/08/20/warhammer-fest-europe-2018-part-2/

I don't know if you read the previous posts, but people isn't actually cheering from happiness with the AoS (lack of) reveals. That's a bit like rubbing salt in the wounds just to get publicity for your blog.

I know that's not your intention, but that's how it came to me.

• Haha 2

Aye but these events are way more than just the reveals (though such viewpoints do tend to dominate in the rumours thread - perhaps we just need a general Warhammer fest thread to share about the other things - heck the winner of the Sigmar event is right here on the forums! Won with Daughters of Khaine

• Like 2

I don't think we will see Chaos Dwarves.

Those 4 characters for Malign portents are imo what the  army releases will be for 2018. Thus I think  that Grots and Darkoath will see an army release before christmas or worst case scenario: Grots between september and Christmas and Darkoath as a late january 2019 release.

Still four months to go for 2018 and it's already a record year for fantasy.

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, blueshirtman said:

I play beast claw riders.

??? Now I don't know what is the definition of imminent, but when was the last time BCR or destruction got anything updated? I know that BCR are, baring GW messing up some rules, will never be the best army. That spot will always be reserved for armies with much bigger number of models. I am ok with that. But I don't think it is ok to design factions with them missing important parts of the game. Specially as at the same time as the new edition came, they brought out the General Handbook. Would it have been such a huge problem for GW to remove the shoting option from the huskard, something all other players seem to hate, and turn them in to a priest or wizard?

I don't get the easy to play comment. GW itself gave the recipe for playing BCR, it is charge and get good rolls. There is no army with a more simple game play in the entire game. But simple does not equal good. The good armies often have a skill cap, that is not trivial or at least requires to learn what to do what unit to activate when you charge with your blob of evocators. I am sure a lot of BCR, or even destruction players would welcome such level of difficulity.

But no is saying that AoS got nothing. there was a new edition for example. They did update two armies, even if those were the armies that they just updated in 1st ed, but there was new stuff. Again I have no problem with other people getting stuff for games they play. But I don't understand why people who do not play w40k or necromunda should be happy about those. Or is it being happy that others get stuff? If that is the case, then ok. If people like me are suppose to be happy, that someone gets stuff for his necromunda, then they should, or at least I am assuming they should, understand that destruction not getting any updates in like a year and a half may make some people unhappy. It should work both ways.

But it seems like the only accepted thing is to be happy all the time about everything, and any discontent is being viewed as you want GW to die, AoS to flop hard and probablly Trump win a second term.

If you want to take this too another thread I'm happy to discuss.

• Like 1

Might as well throw this out there.

The flaming bull spell is for the beastmen, they're getting a couple of others and a book (similar to how legions of nagash allowed the various subfactions into one alliegance again I believe) , nothing else sadly. 

As far as I am aware,  this is due this year, might even be the next thing released.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 9

5 minutes ago, Moonstone said:

The flaming bull spell is for the beastmen, they're getting a couple of others and a book (similar to how legions of nagash allowed the various subfactions into one alliegance again I believe) , nothing else sadly. 

As far as I am aware,  this is due this year, might even be the next thing released.

Sounds interesting :) is this from a source or is it speculation? 

9 minutes ago, Moonstone said:

Are the other spells more monsters and half monsters, because I could live with that if there arent gonna be any actual model releases.

Edited by Kronos

It can be interesting. But I'm doubtful about the success of this tome if GW doesn't build up some bundles. One of the main things that lead to a great success of LoN was its numerous bundles and 3 (yes 3) start collecting boxes!!! I think there were 5 bundles. You could get a nice army with just those bundles mix/match. That's a great way to start an army which is often populated by horde like units...

I don't see this for beasts unfortunately....except if GW rebox them (with proper bases and nice bundles/start collecting)

If the Beastmen rumours are true, I hope this signals the start of more battletomes that focus on bringing a faction up to date. Unfortunately GW doesn't have the time/resources/schedule to have big releases for every faction, so it would be nice to see the factions that don't have much planned for them get something sooner rather than later. 

• Like 2

A lot of 40K armies got nothing with their new codex. Even some things that almost seem to be 100% certain to be done have not been done (eg a combined biovore/pyrovore kit in plastic for Tyranids). In the end I think battletomes are great news. First up they bring a sense of support and life to a faction - once you've got a Battletome you know that GW has at least some long-term interest in the army hanging around. 

Secondly GW is still underproduction pressure and they won't have their new factory finished for a while - until that happens there is a limit on how much they can add to their already under pressure production system. There's thoughts that  wave of new "direct order only" models were added just to help reduce the overhead of stock GW has to produce for shelf stacking/storage in their own and 3rd party stores.

• Like 3

I would like to see the beastmen joined in with Darkoath. Both tribal barbarians living in the shadow of Chaos.

All GW needs to do is create a few Darkoath units, fold in the existing Bray/Warherd units, then they have a new, decently sized faction, without having to devote large amounts of resources to a full new line like Deepkin.

Seems the smart way to go.

Edited by Mr. White
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Aryann said:

Releasing battletomes without new models for pre-AoS armies years after the launch is a misunderstanding. I love GW's work with AoS but that rumoured beastmen release is disappointing at best. 

It's better than nothing at all.

Here's my hierarchy in order of preference (using Skaven as an example):

Best option: Keep current separate Skaven factions, with new model releases for each (e.g. Eshin, Skryre, etc.).

So-so option: Uniting the Skaven via LoN-style Skaven book (perhaps without Pestilens), but with no new model releases.

Worst option: Keep current separate Skaven factions, but no new model releases (i.e. the current situation).

So, whether a new LoN-style book is better for Beastmen, Skaven, Ogres, (etc.) depends 100% on whether anything is planned for the micro-factions, and how far in the future that would be (i.e. a LoN-style book could serve as a place-holder for a year, before the factions are split up again with new release(s)).

I liked the concept of Death much better when it was armies of just ghosts, just skeletons, just zombies, just ghouls, (etc.) more than the current Vampire Counts-style mish-mash, but, FEC aside, the ranges were just too small to make them viable. Therefore, I hope Soulblight, Deathwalkers and Deathrattle are eventually split off from each other again if/when their big release(s) arrive.

Edited by Kyriakin
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr. White said:

I would like to see the beastmen joined in with Darkoath. Both tribal barbarians living in the shadow of Chaos.

All GW needs to do is create a few Darkoath units, fold in the existing Bray/Warherd units, then they have a new, decently sized faction, without having to devote large amounts of resources to a full new line like Deepkin.

Seems the smart way to go.

I hope there would be options for keeping them separate within the book, though.

I'd feel sorry for those who specifically like the Beastmen theme/aesthetic being railroaded towards having to add human Barbarians into their army and diluting its flavour.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Kyriakin said:

I hope there would be options for keeping them separate within the book, though.

I'd feel sorry for those who specifically like the Beastmen theme/aesthetic being railroaded towards having to add human Barbarians into their army and diluting its flavour.

It depends, they could make it similar to legions of nagash where you have different subfactions with their own rulesets. One of them can be an alliance between Darkoath and beastmen, while others can be pure Darkoath or pure Beastmen.

• Like 3

@Kyriakin Skaven are too important and unique to Warhammer to be abandoned. Maybe they will get similar to LoN book but I guess they will get some full releases when the time comes. Separately Skyre, Eshin. Just like dwarfs were split up. GW gave us so many releases we can't complain. Some factions just need to be last in the queue. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nos said:

Beastmen desperately need new models mind. The majority of the current batch were poor even when they were released Years and years ago.

Hmmm, some of the older non-plastic stuff like the chariot for sure but the Ungors, Gors, Bestigors, Brayshaman, Cygor, Ghorgon and even the Jaberslyth are really quite nice models (in my humble opinion). I agree though that a couple of new models would be great though.

Edited by Greyshadow
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kugane said:

It depends, they could make it similar to legions of nagash where you have different subfactions with their own rulesets. One of them can be an alliance between Darkoath and beastmen, while others can be pure Darkoath or pure Beastmen.

Honestly this makes the most sense to me. Fingers crossed they go this route and that they spice up the low effort, boring, often redundant and lacklustre buffs of rerolling 1s or failed charges. 

Some ideas for you, GW ?;

2 wound gors, 3 wound bestigors.

+2 move for slaanesh

+1 armour for nurgle

+1 attack for khorne

wizard keyword for tzeentch heroes

Named characters.

Non-conditional rend for elite units...

Edited by Waiyuren
  • Like 2