The Rumour Thread

Apparently, from this video : 

Future 2018-2019 AOS releases may be : 

Moonclan, Slaanesh, Darkoath and some sort of "robot cog army" ; 

That would be something like the mechanic units mentioned (cog-haulers, cog-forts, mechanical striders) here alongside Free guilds : https://malignportents.com/story/iron-and-oak/ 

It would also fit the Ironweld Arsenals archetypes and "new normal but fantasy humans" demands for AOS ; maybe those guys in "bronze armor" facing the Darkoath are hints of this faction.  

ASO V2 Normal Humans ?.png

• Like 3

So, the photos from that new Death page on the new AoS website (https://ageofsigmar.com/factions/death/. Can't seem to link them but looks like there's another variant of that flail-ghost from the Nighthaunt video, one holding the flails/shackles down. Might still be a variant of the Spirit Torment? Seems to be wearing a lot less armour.

Also the mounted wraiths we saw at Warhammer Fest appear again, seemingly as individuals mixed in with a larger unit of hexwraiths. That, and the fact that there are only two of them, suggests that they might be characters. That'd bump the count up to eight non-special NH characters.

Nighthaunt pitched point list was leaked on the subreddit.

The yet-to-be-unveiled Nighthaunt unit is Reiknor the Grimhailer for 180 points  (sorry not Nagash on a mount).  Lady Olynder is 240 points.

Black Coach is 280 points, the most expensive Nighthaunt unit. I wonder if it will get a model update, and i wonder what the asterisk next to it means. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sorokyl said:

Nighthaunt pitched point list was leaked on the subreddit.

The yet-to-be-unveiled Nighthaunt unit is Reiknor the Grimhailer for 180 points  (sorry not Nagash on a mount).  Lady Olynder is 240 points.

Black Coach is 280 points, the most expensive Nighthaunt unit. I wonder if it will get a model update, and i wonder what the asterisk next to it means. 

We have already seen the new Black Coach model (it's great)

Asterisk means something has changed since the last time its points were published

https://ageofsigmar.com/factions/death/ 

Check this out! So in the Nighthaunt section, scroll through the pics, we see an alternative version of the "faceless ghost swinging bricks", which when we look @ the leaked points on reddit, makes me think that these are the Chainghasts as they come in a unit of 2, max 4.

Also I'm also thinking that the big ass Calvary are actually heroes, maybe the Dreadblade Harrow?  

Calling this as well:

Banshees with blade arms: Dreadscythe Harridans

Reapers with swords and chains: Bladegheist Revenants

Edited by Goodapollo4
more speculation!
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Goodapollo4 said:

https://ageofsigmar.com/factions/death/ 

Check this out! So in the Nighthaunt section, scroll through the pics, we see an alternative version of the "faceless ghost swinging bricks", which when we look @ the leaked points on reddit, makes me think that these are the Chainghasts as they come in a unit of 2, max 4.

Also I'm also thinking that the big ass Calvary are actually heroes, maybe the Dreadblade Harrow?  

well spoted.

I hope the death Pegasus is pretty. As I am not a fan of the bride, but I really want something in between the enormous black coach and the dozens of average size min and cavalry.  I prefer 2 center pieces in an army.

Edited by christophe
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Apparently, from this video : 

Future 2018-2019 AOS releases may be : 

Moonclan, Slaanesh, Darkoath and some sort of "robot cog army" ; 

That would be something like the mechanic units mentioned (cog-haulers, cog-forts, mechanical striders) here alongside Free guilds : https://malignportents.com/story/iron-and-oak/ 

It would also fit the Ironweld Arsenals archetypes and "new normal but fantasy humans" demands for AOS ; maybe those guys in "bronze armor" facing the Darkoath are hints of this faction.  

ASO V2 Normal Humans ?.png

Oh man i hope there is a 'cog robot' line - i dont play it, but ive always loved the warjacks from privateer presses game (heard model quality is an issue). Similar style for Age of sigmar would be ace. 

Only issue is Order gets all the best toys!

1 hour ago, Barkanaut said:

Robot cogs? Sounds like dwarves to me. Or humans. Can’t see much else with that level of tech. 

How about for destruction?  An idea:

In the absence of Sigmar and the Azyrite factions, the Cogswork Legions were constructed by a technologically advanced civilization to stem incursions during the age of chaos.  However, following the fall of their original creators, the coldly logical legions are now unable to distinguish between Chaos invasion and Order liberation.  Warbands of automatons operate around central, intellegent nodes, known as Cogsworth Princes, that seek to clear the mortal realms of Order and Chaos alike and return them to their natural state. Greenskins are considered flora and fauna, by the Cogsworth Princes. So, while other destruction forces are not allies in a traditional sense, they may be manipulated, herded and incorporated in their Cogsworth Legions.

9B0AA571-6EF6-493B-A4FD-1B91B733E807.jpeg

Edited by MightyMetro
Typo
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, MightyMetro said:

How about for destruction?  An idea:

In the absence of Sigmar and the Azyrite factions, the Cogswork Legions were constructed by a technologically advanced civilization to stem incursions during the age of chaos.  However, following the fall of their original creators, the coldly logical legions are now unable to distinguish between Chaos invasion and Order liberation.  Warbands of automatons operate around central, intellegent nodes, known as Cogsworth Princes, that seek to clear the mortal realms of Order and Chaos alike and return them to their natural state. Greenskins are considered flora and fauna, by the Cogsworth Princes. So, while other destruction forces are not allies in a traditional sense, they may be manipulated, herded and incorporated in their Cogsworth Legions.

9B0AA571-6EF6-493B-A4FD-1B91B733E807.jpeg

I have no idea what's going on but that sounds cool.

Regarding allies.  I heard from a guy who heard from a guy (!) that anything in your Allies does not count toward Battlefield Roles, either minimums or maximums.  In other words, they don't add to your miminum Battleline units, but they also don't count toward your maximum Leader, Behemoth, or Artillery limits. 

Take it for what you will - sounds unlikely enough that I really hesitated to post it, but it's from a friend who is normally very good at finding things out.

1 hour ago, amysrevenge said:

Regarding allies.  I heard from a guy who heard from a guy (!) that anything in your Allies does not count toward Battlefield Roles, either minimums or maximums.  In other words, they don't add to your miminum Battleline units, but they also don't count toward your maximum Leader, Behemoth, or Artillery limits. 

Take it for what you will - sounds unlikely enough that I really hesitated to post it, but it's from a friend who is normally very good at finding things out.

The core rules mentions that at some point, so it should be easy to verify.

Not by me though, I'm at work ?

6 minutes ago, Furuzzolo said:

Imagine if Ironweld Arsenal become some sort of 40k Knights.

With steam tanks, cogforts, steampunk shootink walkers on 2 legs...oh boys...

Would be great. But ykno, chaos because being edgy is cooler.

So do we think the goblins and darkoath will be the next releases?

Edited by Riavan

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/06/16/black-library-live-the-big-reveals/

New books!

Speaking of Stormcast Eternals, David Guymer is bringing his popular self-styled greatest of them all back in a full-length novel. Hamilcar: Champion of the Gods has the Astral Templars Lord-Castellant captured by skaven and desperate to escape and survive – and we finally get to see what Hamilcar looks like in some spectacular cover art.

Josh Reynolds is also returning to familiar servants of Sigmar in Hallowed Knights: Black Pyramid, a follow-up to Plague Garden which will see Gardus the Steel Soul and his warrior chamber taking the fight to Nagashin Shyish itself – which is certainly fitting with the Soul Wars beginning.

• Like 1