The Rumour Thread

11 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

So what would y'all like to see in a new ardboyz kit?

I'd prefer a more Kruleboyz design, Murknob ardboyz. Ardboyz are not ironjawz but another breed altogether. This would definitely help unify the look if all orruks do continue to stay in the same book.

And hoping for many options when it comes to weapons; sword and board, duel wield and maybe one in five a two handed. 

Maybe a customizable kit that could be used to build standard Ardboyz, Savage Ardboyz, and Ardkruleboyz?

That would fit both your (very good) idea of a way to unify the army and give lots of weapons options.

• Like 2

Prediction time. 

100%:

The announced old world mini. Really needs to be in plastic. 

Cities. I really hope we see the full range reveal but I'm expecting to see the launch box with the full infantry unit being possibly the only new thing. 

Warcry starter set. 

Underworlds chaos warband probably Nurgle. 

Dawnbringers book 2 name reveal

80% The rumoured Troggoth. 

60% something for Ogors

More info about epic. 

Horus heresy assault marines

50% the next warcry warband 

20% Kurnothi I'm really not expecting them yet but it would be an awesome surprise. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Cities. I really hope we see the full range reveal (...)

Can't see that happening. Then they would have to go on the whole of the summer without anything to sustain the hype. They'll want to make sure that whatever they show there's still more of what they haven't, so that they keep people wanting more. If you answer all the questions three months before the release, people will just move on and start getting hyped on another thing.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, LordSolarMach said:

As Clan's Cynic mentioned, Chaos Dwarfs are still without an updated team. The other two waiting with them are Khemri and Vampires. (Edit: oh, and Slann/Kislev Circus.)

There's also the possibility of Slaanesh and Tzeentch teams (what with Khorne joining Nurgle this edition). Bretonnians could also do with a roster, though Imperial Nobility kind of stole most of their "thing".

Everyone forgets about High Elves as a team... Same for Bretonnians (they were in the Blood Bowl video game but idk about tabletop).

6 hours ago, Kronos said:

With Chakax/ Eternity Warden and the Temple Guard still “Old” within the Seraphon range I strongly strongly believe both of these will come via a Warcry Update. Like Chameleons.

Please don't make temple guard an upgrade sprue to the existing Saurus kit. That's all I'm asking.

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite

16 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Everyone forgets about High Elves as a team... Same for Bretonnians (they were in the Blood Bowl video game but idk about tabletop).

Please don't make temple guard an upgrade sprue to the existing Saurus kit. That's all I'm asking.

Bretonnia is the Imperial Nobility team and the Kislev team is the Slann team.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Dawi not Duardin said:

Maybe a customizable kit that could be used to build standard Ardboyz, Savage Ardboyz, and Ardkruleboyz?

That would fit both your (very good) idea of a way to unify the army and give lots of weapons options.

I'd honestly hate that. Would make the three armies not stand out from each other anymore since the kits would be inherently similar, and that's exactly why I hate souping so much. Ironjawz have a perfect aesthetic, muddling it with something else would be a disservice to it.

I'm hoping it's an Ardboyz refresh and the first step to desouping Ironjawz. If they're their own force, guaranteed to get some releases and not at risk to be forced to run other orruks (of which I don't vibe with the aesthetics at all) to be viable I'd start an Ironjawz army in a heartbeat. Now, they just make me sad. They've only lost lore focus and rule variety since the souping, and their coolest character gets constantly pushed to the side in favour of other stuff.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I'm really happy they're doing this, even though I am sure there's a subset of 40k players who will moan about it (an even bigger subset of Space Marine players probably).

I am a little disappointed it didn't include Kill Team, but I'd guess that'll be included in the post Ogram preview fur 40k.

40 minutes ago, Snarff said:

I'd honestly hate that. Would make the three armies not stand out from each other anymore since the kits would be inherently similar, and that's exactly why I hate souping so much.

Yeah but one of the principles of Bonesplitterz lore is that every Orruk, no matter is kultur, can become a Bonesplitter. And that'll be a great way to finally distinguish them from WFB savage orcs. A bunch of Orruks ("classic" and lanky KBs) with a similar aesthetic to the Bonesplitters underworlds band would be a banger.

An orruk does not choose to join the Bonesplitterz, but instead is chosen. Sometimes, when the spirit of Gorkamorka gets into a greenskin's head, it just refuses to leave. This drives the orruk into a feral frenzy as the god's energy rattles around his skull. Other Orruks find these manic boys strange and unsettling because of how they're always talking to themselves or hitting other Orruks with rocks in which they claim to have seen the face of Gork.[3a]

In time, they either wander off or are violently kicked out of their warclans. After leaving their old tribes and bosses behind, portents and signs sent by Gorkamorka guide these savage Orruks to the nearest Wurrgog Prophet. Under the leadership of these shamans, the boys become Bonesplitterz and set out to spread the power of the Waaagh! across the realms.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chikout said:

Cities. I really hope we see the full range reveal but I'm expecting to see the launch box with the full infantry unit being possibly the only new thing. 

My guess would be a large but partial preview like Seraphon got initially. Perhaps the contents of their army set plus a band character or something like that?

2 hours ago, Snarff said:

I'd honestly hate that. Would make the three armies not stand out from each other anymore since the kits would be inherently similar, and that's exactly why I hate souping so much. Ironjawz have a perfect aesthetic, muddling it with something else would be a disservice to it.

Same. I already hate that they've souped orruks, and am hoping they'll unsoup then once the three currency armies get enough minis. I don't they'll change the lore behind them, but personally I'd prefer it if Ard Boyz dropped the whole other orruks who admire Ironjawz and just became younger Ironjawz, with the same aesthetic etc. When an Ard boy is around for long enough, they grow into a brute or, if they like pigs, a gore grunta, then they eventually grow big enough to become a megaboss etc.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, PJetski said:

I suspect Seraphon in the new Underworlds Core box, it would satisfy this Skink-y rumour engine

2023-01-10.jpg

While this is probably wishful thinking on my part, this pot with smoke seems to fit more with the Arabian nights aesthetic of hedonites, potential with some kind of ~~daemon~~ "genie" summoner?

11 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Underworlds... I dunno, a Hashut-worshipping Ogor-team?

You say this jokingly, but I'd be all over this! 🥰

• Like 2

I swear if we get one more Unit that alludes to Hashut and the Chaos Dwarfs without it actually being a Chaos Dwarf Imma be quite cross (a scowl at most being realistic).

I yearn to see what they do with Chaos Dwarfs, and Fyreslayers, And Dwarfs. I also really miss Dwarfs being carried, on Shields, on Thrones, inside mechanical Suits and on Bulls. 

• Like 6

some GHB rumours collated

battle tactics:

1. more friendly units wholly outside your territory than friendly units within your territory
  2. kill a unit that destroyed a friendly general earlier in the battle
  3. pick a unit bonded to an endless spell or incarnate, succeeds if you kill the unit, make the incarnate wild, make the endless spell wild, make the endless spell controlled/ bound to a friendly unit
  4. cast 1 or more spells and ensure NONE of your spells were unbound
  5. kill a nominated unit with damage from a spell or endless spell
  6. retreat with 2 or more units, charge with 2 or more units
  7. make a charge with 1 or more friendly heroes and 1 or more friendly battleline and at least 1 of those units is still within 3" of an enemy unit at the end of the turn
  8. pick 3 different friendly units on the battlefield, complete the tactic if each of those units is wholly within 6" of a different board edge and 2 or more of those units are wholly outside your territory

Geminids is gross again

No commands till end of turn

Unbind range is now done to spell portal not to hero for spellportal

primal dice:
Start of each turn both players roll a dice. For each 4+ rolled both players get a primal dice. (if both players roll a 4+ both get 2 dice). Then when casting after you have made the casting roll but before any rerolls (cant be used with a reroll) you can add a primal dice in to your CV and roll for the result. You can do this as many times as you like.

Then your opponent rolls their unbind and can do the same thing

if double 1 is rolled in any combination for the cast it does a big miscast which is

3+D3 to the caster and D3 to every other unit within 3. If 2 6s are rolled the spell cant be unbound and both players get another primal dice

• Like 7

59 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

I'd say the Imperial Nobility team is, well, Empire Nobility.

Much more central Europe renaissance than Anglo or French medieval.

More in mechanics than theme, I assume Nezzhil meant.

Bretonnians (as created by Cyanide for the video game) had three positional players:

• Linemen - cheap and bad, but with Fend
  • 0-4 Blitzers - solid, with Block, Catch, and Dauntless
  • 0-4 Blockers - solid, with Wrestle

Imperial Nobility was then created for the current edition of Blood Bowl, with the roster of:

• Retainer Linemen - cheap and bad, but with Fend
  • 0-2 Thrower - solid passer
  • 0-2 Noble Blitzer - solid, with Block and Catch
  • 0-4 Bodyguard - solid, with Stand Firm and Wrestle
  • 0-1 Ogre - Ogre

So if you wanted to implement a Bretonnian team in Blood Bowl you couldn't just lift the video game's version, as Imperial Nobility kind of cribbed from them.

//

On the other hand, as mentioned before, I forgot about High Elves. And they exist alongside Elven Union, despite being fairly similar (the former has a bit better Linemen and Throwers, and the latter has a bit better Catchers and Blitzers). 

Edited by LordSolarMach
  • Like 2

The Harbingers Path To Glory Battlepack has a preview.

While the Harbingers quest and scheme, Grandfather Nurgle’s Shudderblight plague is sweeping through the realms, inflicting a terrible toll on combatants fighting under the pall of this soul-sickness. At the start of every game, the winner of a roll-off determines which malady affects the battle, adding one to the roll for each player with an outpost – because no news travels as fast as misery.

7xj4isq6Gopv9Fwp.jpg

Outposts allow players to receive messages from nearby settlements for a chance to receive Alliance Points, which can then be spent on requesting support. Before deployment, players can spend an Alliance Point to request aid from a faction of their choosing in their army’s Grand Alliance, rolling a dice and adding 1 if the faction being petitioned is listed as an ally in the army’s Pitched Battle profile. On a 3+, the request is granted.

Order armies can make use of the extensive networks of Shadowy Agents maintained by the Daughters of Khaine to issue a free command ability once per battle, while Death armies can get schooled in Defensive Discipline by the indomitable Ossiarch Bonreapers, and unleash All-out Defence without it costing a command point or counting as being issued.

WwrKNqXdwluzpO4z.jpg

7QrCGpO0tkewlC6Z.jpg

Also the Path To Glory rules from the Core Rulebook can be found separately

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Thanks 1

Once per game roll a dice and on a 3+ (2+ if that faction is an ally) you get to issue a command ability?

I've never played Path to Glory but that sounds pretty terrible. The perfect mix of weak effect that is unnecessarily complicated and  involves unnecessary bookkeeping.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JerekKruger said:

I'm really happy they're doing this, even though I am sure there's a subset of 40k players who will moan about it (an even bigger subset of Space Marine players probably).

I am a little disappointed it didn't include Kill Team, but I'd guess that'll be included in the post Ogram preview fur 40k.

Considering that they are doing HH reveals I bet you that Space Marines will have more models revealed than Old World and yet they will still be salty!

Just now, KingBrodd said:

Todays RE is 40K.

ZdNFAF0p7IGVEfAW.jpg

Either it is 40k or Choas Dwarfs are using much more advanced weaponry than their Hobgrot allies. 

14 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Once per game roll a dice and on a 3+ (2+ if that faction is an ally) you get to issue a command ability?

I've never played Path to Glory but that sounds pretty terrible. The perfect mix of weak effect that is unnecessarily complicated and  involves unnecessary bookkeeping.

The bonuses don't tend to be amazing I suspect because they don't want the one player to runaway early in the campaign and increasingly 'out-power' other players on upgrades. 

12 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Todays RE is 40K.

ZdNFAF0p7IGVEfAW.jpg

Probably new Ratlings, judging by the pie and grenades. 

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 minute ago, Clan's Cynic said:

The bonuses don't tend to be amazing I suspect because they don't want the one player to runaway early in the campaign and increasingly 'out-power' other players on upgrades. 

Or this year's Christmas mini.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Its probably scenery or a scenic base for a special release miniature. Between he turkey and the meat pie mixed in with the grenades, I wouldn't be surprised if its part of a new red gobbo christmas miniature.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

Its probably scenery or a scenic base for a special release miniature. Between he turkey and the meat pie mixed in with the grenades, I wouldn't be surprised if its part of a new red gobbo christmas miniature.

I think its AOS turn for a Christmas mini. Then again its 40K Edition sooooo...

• Like 1