The Rumour Thread

52 minutes ago, Overread said:

Honestly I really wish Warcry would stop including Chaos stuff. Or at the very least I hope the new warbands are for the Chaos Demon armies rather than for Slaves to Darkness - because darn it that army is almost all going to be Warcry Warbands in model range. Which are fantastic models, but also quite similar in stats and style in what role they fill kinda. 

Great models, but spread the love out GW! Spread it out! 

The cynical part of my brain tells me if we weren't getting unique 'cultist' warbands, it would be like Kill Team and instead it'd be one team consisting of new models and another which is just an upgrade sprue for a existing one.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Sounds about right.

Might be the new stuff is in a Versus box ALA Sylvaneth vs Skaven, which will be soft confirmation of another Battletome (probably Khorne or Slaanesh).

Yeah that would make sense. At least one of the releases for Spring have to be a stand alone release, so maybe they do it for Seraphon if they end being the largest one?

I found pretty strange they didn't do a duel box for Gitz and beasts, as they were released together after all. Maybe they ae finally moving way from those boxes?

20 hours ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Don't want to be petty or ungrateful but it annoys me sometimes.

my stance on this part is that we were told to be hyped for "The Era of the Beast" -- so are we really being ungrateful when basically all of the Beast-factions have gotten pittances? S2D got more beasts than BOC like... we can only hope we see the damn Centurion Marshall in the new BOC book I guess? Seraphon are looking like the only (existing) beastly faction that's going to see a real release after Kruleboyz got introduced.

"Due to unforseen delays we are sorry to announce the Era of the Beast has been less beastly than we were hoping" feels like such an easy thing to say. I don't think wanting serious communication is being petty or asking for too much.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Gitzdee said:

This! (Dont have any more likes for today) I am also really starting to get into Warcry more and more as its way easier to invite friends over for a game, even on workdays. Correct me if im wrong but i think Seraphon is the first Warband to be included in a boxed Warcry set? And next up could be Soulblight so it might be heading in a good direction.

Edit: If i remember correctly other non-chaos warbands used to be just reboxed older models too.

The Daughters of Khaine Warcry band were the first non-Chaos warband in a boxed set, if that’s what you mean. 

Like others, and based on the New Year's videos, I want to bet we'll 100% get : 

• AOS : Seraphon (Slann, Saurus, Skink Riders, maybe more / Battletome cover ?)
  • WHU : Arenai Aelves (or Malerion's or Belakor's)
  • Warcry : at least 2 models from Bloodhunt (looking forward to the scenery if any)
  • 40k : Primaris missile guy and Arks Of Omen IV : Farsight / T'au something
  • KT : Soulshackle box (Arbites & doggo ❤️ vs Dark Eldars)
  • HH : moar tanks and space marines I guess ? Maybe DAEMON ASSASSIN :P

Honestly, I'd be happy with more Battletome previews, maybe another Season / Incarnate, even some Freeguilders / Dawnbringers mock-up (apparently there is some cool fluff about them in Black Library : Godeater's Son !) but we are already full with that schedule...

• LOVE IT! 1

My guess is:

• AoS: Seraphon reveal
  • WHU: Final Gnarlwood warband
  • Warcry: Bloodhunt full reveal
  • 40k: Farsight or Dante
  • Kill Team: Soulshackle full reveal
  • Land Raider Cerberus (with the assassin being revealed on the Thursday before and the librarian from the teaser being revealed next week)
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

3 minutes ago, EonChao said:

My guess is:

• AoS: Seraphon reveal
  • WHU: Final Gnarlwood warband
  • Warcry: Bloodhunt full reveal
  • 40k: Farsight or Dante
  • Kill Team: Soulshackle full reveal
  • Land Raider Cerberus (with the assassin being revealed on the Thursday before and the librarian from the teaser being revealed next week)

This is pretty much what I’m expecting. Just covering stuff we will see over next few months. I’m quite excited for the Seraphon reveal though but I’m thinking more about what we might see at Adepticon and Warhammer Fest

8 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Or evidence they are working on Epic:Horus Heresy…. 😉

Oh yeah I am 99% sure that Epic is being worked on, though undoubtedly completely wasting its potential by being Horus Heresy and ruling out non-Imperium stuff. Though that's a another day's issue 😂. It just had probably always been the least supported system by GW (at least since I got back into WH in late 2019) and kinda concerned support is being dropped and it might just be rolled into epic and cease as a standalone game. But who knows, it might be a quiet period before a new edition drops with several new Titans or something - ideally a new race like Eldar but doubt that would happen.

1 hour ago, Overread said:

I keep hoping it means they are saving up all the slots for a mega "10 Chaos Titans and Knights over 3 months release wave" type deal. 
I'll also accept xenos

Yeah an official Imperator class titan would be awesome, and it is rather conspicuous that in the Traitor (and I assume Loyalist) Legios book the Imperator as well as a load of other Titan types like the Rapier, Nightgaunt and Carnivore (though I think the last at least is a Reaver variant) are namedropped many times and really obviously, which does give me hope for the system.

Yeah Xenos titans, with perhaps there own independent functionality (in terms of their command terminals and such) would be awesome.

5 minutes ago, Swamp Trogg said:

"AoS: Seraphon reveal" 

Weren't the two chaos battle tomes programmed to get out before the order one in the schedule that we got? 

If so, I expect some Khorne and Slannesh reavels (with one character on both sides and maybe a little bit more for Khorne). 

No, Order first, then Chaos

• Like 2

It seems that Gloomspite still have the same warscrolls, even the Loonboss with Giant Cave-Squig (skarsnik). The new model model has their own warscroll (squigboss w. Gnasha-squig). Snarlfangs riders are folllowed by Rippa's snarlfangs, so just a unit addon for Gitz.

Beast of Chaos seems to have the same (with slaangors and tzaangor variants). Btw, spawns have two warscrolls: chaos spawns and mhorgurite chaos spawn.

Edited by Beliman
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

Would be fantastic if we got a warcry band in the gitmob aesthetic like some nasty skulkers to go along with these fantastic sculpts Cant wait to get some myself. Im even looking into armoring up some rockgut to match. 

This is just a little mock up of my idea. We'll see if i go through with it. 

Screenshot_20230123-094022_Gallery.jpg.9b9eb43a119c7e10b3c674f354ec1bad.jpg

Im really hoping that Gloomspite is the Warband at this point and that we will get a new Troggoth within it!!

6 hours ago, Overread said:

Honestly I really wish Warcry would stop including Chaos stuff. Or at the very least I hope the new warbands are for the Chaos Demon armies rather than for Slaves to Darkness - because darn it that army is almost all going to be Warcry Warbands in model range. Which are fantastic models, but also quite similar in stats and style in what role they fill kinda. 

Great models, but spread the love out GW! Spread it out! 

Give us some Destruction and Death Warbands!!

5 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

my stance on this part is that we were told to be hyped for "The Era of the Beast" -- so are we really being ungrateful when basically all of the Beast-factions have gotten pittances? S2D got more beasts than BOC like... we can only hope we see the damn Centurion Marshall in the new BOC book I guess? Seraphon are looking like the only (existing) beastly faction that's going to see a real release after Kruleboyz got introduced.

"Due to unforseen delays we are sorry to announce the Era of the Beast has been less beastly than we were hoping" feels like such an easy thing to say. I don't think wanting serious communication is being petty or asking for too much.

Completely agree mate. Though part of me now hopes Era of the Beast will be heavily tied into the next Narrative event!!

• Like 2