The Rumour Thread

The ork is fine, I guess? Fits into this recent trend of limited edition minis being slight variations on existing ones (which is good in the sense that it makes them less 'essential') but it's nowhere near as distinct or striking as e.g. the cool vampire mini.

Not sure why it's getting put out specifically as a festive mini though, not like there's anything all that christmassy about an ork/gobbo team who kill skaven.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 2

I really like the model, it is a fun but unnecessary hero choice. But the only thing about it is that it reminds me how much less interesting and  hegemonist the old orc design is to me... I would know this was a hero only from the size of the base. I like that goblins and orcs are becoming more associated again. If I played Orruks I would get one for the sake of having a different hero... but that's about it.

10 minutes ago, Archibald said:

Why is nobody talking about the missing rules previews for Nurgle? Custodes and GSC got theirs last week besides the fact, that they are released next year...

I want an extremly vague and very limited WC-glimse at what is to come.😄

This is likely because Custodes and Genestealer Cults were suppose to be out before Nurgle. As such the articles were written and released in a set order.

I would expect they get spoilers this week and start of next week. 

42 minutes ago, Archibald said:

Why is nobody talking about the missing rules previews for Nurgle? Custodes and GSC got theirs last week besides the fact, that they are released next year...

I want an extremly vague and very limited WC-glimse at what is to come.😄

This! I've been refreshing like crazy all day hoping for... anything really. I'm finally ready to jump on the hype train after a 2 month delay and I get nothing. I know we'll see the whole book on Saturday, but come on GW. I've waded through all the lame articles for ages and now that I'm actually excited about something you can't even give me a 'Nurgle sorcerers through the ages'? A 'Community paints our models for us so we don't have to bother but look how cool they are'? Not even a 'Nurgle lore you all know already but let's repeat it because it uses up an article for the day'?

Edited by Grimrock
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, EntMan said:

Because it's wearing a red outfit?

That's kind of just an after-the-fact paintjob, isn't it? It's better in the sense that it's more widely usable than e.g. a christmas-themed version of the Red Gobbo but feels they just picked an alt-sculpt off the shelf and told the 'eavy metal crew to jolly it up.

10 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

That's kind of just an after-the-fact paintjob, isn't it? It's better in the sense that it's more widely usable than e.g. a christmas-themed version of the Red Gobbo but feels they just picked an alt-sculpt off the shelf and told the 'eavy metal crew to jolly it up.

That's kind of in pattern with last year's boxing day figure, Gorzag, nothing especially festive about it, just a very cool model for people to pick up and paint.

10 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Yeah, it really feels like another promo model, repainted red+green to fill in for a holiday mini

4 minutes ago, EonChao said:

That's kind of in pattern with last year's boxing day figure, Gorzag, nothing especially festive about it, just a very cool model for people to pick up and paint.

Yeah fair, forgot about that mini. Though (and this might just be personal preference) that dude was a charming remake of a classic Gorkamorka nob/the old ork codex whereas this guy is something you could pretty much convert yourself with a random brute and some skaven bits. Glad for those that are happy to see it though.

2 hours ago, Indecisive said:

Guess this is further confirmation about the production issues
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GD4n-PDexE

I know a bunch of people were quick to comment "oh mine is fine though" when I saw this posted to reddit, but in the video's comments Duncan says his studio bought a second after they found the issue with the first... and that second kit also had the same issue. Which means GW either missed a lot of the problem kits or didn't bother?

What's so disappointing, yet again, is that GW could have easily gotten ahead of this and said "hey we had some mould issues, if you get one don't worry--Sigmar has authorized us to send you a proper dragon prince" or whatever. I haven't heard anything about SDG so I guess we'll find out if they got a similar mould problem.

edit: specified who "they" is

Edited by CommissarRotke
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Indecisive said:

Guess this is further confirmation about the production issues
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GD4n-PDexE

I'm quite shocked that they have decided to carry on and sell a product that might be faulty. We are talking about sth made in the UK from high quality plastic, sold at a luxury price range (£95 RRP!).

This is not acceptable imo and GW should at least made an announcement on warco and in their stores,  so people can check and change their Dragon for free, if it is faulty, before Christmas.

• Like 4

They should probably make an announcement 

Though GW are usually slow on announcement but it also not something they would say on a Monday when the product was officially release last Saturday and the if they where unaware of the Mold problem to begin with and the problem only recently surface.

Edited by novakai
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Sigmarusvult said:

I'm quite shocked that they have decided to carry on and sell a product that might be faulty.

FWIW (and I've told this story here before), they did a similar thing when I was working at US HQ. 

We did a check on the new (at the time, decades ago) Space Marine Dreadnought. Every box we checked was missing the sticky banner that was listed as included. We told the head of sales that we had identified a mispack and suggested a few solutions that all included getting the banner put in or with the box.

The boss said to ship them all out without taking any action to fix them. He said that if anyone called in, we could send them a banner.

So, he chose to intentionally ship a product with known issues in every single box, shorting all customers an item to which they were entitled and only fixing it for those who had the nerve and wherewithall to contact us.

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 9