The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Gaz Taylor said:

No idea about any leaks but I’m expecting around £100 for the big boys and around £50 to £60 for the riders. 

Oh wow, not surprised but that's more than I'd hoped. £50 of my limited hobby cash will get me more hours of gluing and painting hobby time via a start collecting Stormcast box instead. 

I always think that they release the battleforces too late. In theory they would make great Christmas presents, but they are always released so close before Christmas that no one I know asks for them/buys them as gifts. Basically all the gift buying has to be done around now, which is too early for the boxed sets. Unless a lot more people leave things to the last minute than it seems, 18th of December would be ridiculously late to guarantee anything!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gaz Taylor said:

No idea about any leaks but I’m expecting around £100 for the big boys and around £50 to £60 for the riders. 

£100 is a bargain for those beasts. I assumed they would cost the same as the Mega Gargant at £120, but then again I still feel that my Gargant lads are overpriced.

On 11/9/2021 at 1:35 PM, Sigmarusvult said:

IMG_20211109_132731_BURST001_COVER.jpg

Thanks to the Christmas brochure, we already know that the price of the big dragon kit is  £95, which is a good price compare to most kits of the same height.

I wish Mega Gargants were the same price given the fact that you need to buy more than one for most lists.

Edited by Sigmarusvult
  • Like 8

On 11/20/2021 at 6:07 AM, EonChao said:

I think a big issue here is that whilst we had the big 40k rumour leak it started almost immediately. So it's easy to see how accurate it is because the only thing it got wrong was mistaking a fantastic conversion for an upcoming model. So with an AoS one of similar scope to be believable I'd want to see a timeline not just a mass of random ideas. But in the interest of tracking it we have from it:

Kharadon Overlords: Own battletome, female alt characters, new named character/leader

Fyreslayers: Own battletome

Cities of Sigmar: big updated including new kits for Dispossessed, renamed as the Reforged

Chaos Dwarves are on the way (but no name listed for the faction)

Silent People: Death faction

OBR: Mortek Archers, elite cavalry and Bone Dragon

Gloomspite Gitz: Spiderfang update

Seraphon: update in 2023

Codex Daemons: four combat patrols

I'm not sure about the bit about IJ, Kruleboyz, Thunderstrike and Maggotkin boxes. It sounds to me like those would be vanguard boxes but the fact they say Death will get nothing and like it for now when we're reasonably certain Nighthaunt are in the pipeline seems odd. If they mean the battleforces we know that's completely wrong.

whoa, does this mean that they are consolidating daemons in AoS the same way they are consolidated in one book for 40K? Or do we think this is referring to the 40K book?

9 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

£100 is a bargain for those beasts. I assumed they would cost the same as the Mega Gargant at £120, but then again I still feel that my Gargant lads are overpriced.

I think bargain is pushing it. As you say, the Gargants are overpriced, so these are less overpriced than those, but they’re still a lot of money. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, Still-young said:

I think bargain is pushing it. As you say, the Gargants are overpriced, so these are less overpriced than those, but they’re still a lot of money. 

Agreed. Could buy 2 start collecting boxes for that kind of money. Thats almost a full army in some cases.

Do we have an juicy rumours for destruction going on? Its way to quit for the era of the beast...

16 minutes ago, Iksdee said:

Agreed. Could buy 2 start collecting boxes for that kind of money. Thats almost a full army in some cases.

Do we have an juicy rumours for destruction going on? Its way to quit for the era of the beast...

1 hour ago, Still-young said:

Very true guys.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Charleston said:

Euro prices: Big Dragons 120€ and little ones 85€. Dungeon Bowl 125€

Btw prices can be checked at https://trade.games-workshop.com/resources/ under guidance documents>order formular. For whatever reason there are no GBP prices included

It‘s the same price as the Alarith Spieit of the Mountain  for the small dragons - 68GBP or 85€

19 minutes ago, Charleston said:

Euro prices: Big Dragons 120€ and little ones 85€. Dungeon Bowl 125€

Btw prices can be checked at https://trade.games-workshop.com/resources/ under guidance documents>order formular. For whatever reason there are no GBP prices included

It‘s the same price as the Alarith Spieit of the Mountain  for the small dragons - 68GBP or 85€

5 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

I don't know if it is true

#MaggotkinRumours

Reveal hidden contents

d50835b3-78e8-4474-b9ac-711560454381.jpg.8c3983cdf709f936d26a632309f10347.jpg

Seems believable, but it's missing a lot of interesting info. Like, if Gnarlmaws don't give run and charge anymore, what do they do now? Just cause mortal wounds if you are near them?

And what about the Locus of Fecundity they mentioned in the Warcom preview?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

I don't know if it is true

#MaggotkinRumours

Hide contents

d50835b3-78e8-4474-b9ac-711560454381.jpg.8c3983cdf709f936d26a632309f10347.jpg

Seems fine but I suppose that Plaguebearers are going to lose some abilities.

6+ save with a ward5+, 2 wounds,  -1 to be hit, a bit of mortal wounds, Locus and they can be summoned, for just 110 points seems to be a bit too much.

Just now, Beliman said:

Seems fine but I suppose that Plaguebearers are going to lose some abilities.

6+ save with a ward5+, 2 wounds,  -1 to be hit, a bit of mortal wounds, Locus and they can be summoned, for just 110 points seems to be a bit too much.

The army lose the run&charge ability of the trees. The rumours said that the army is slower than before.

The Artifact with the anti CA Aura sounds damn fluffy: An Aura of Despair which makes your foes struggle so much that they don't care for orders due to their own misery. Damn thats dark, putting literal depression on an artifact, but it is so fluffy. I love it!

Nurgle beeing slower but also more resilient is also nice fluffwise, but may be a big tradeoff in competetive terms. Getting a bit faster on an objective is usually worth more than beeing more resiliant, especially with some Deathstars remaining that can onehit any unit in the game (looking at you Fulminators)

2 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

The army lose the run&charge ability of the trees. The rumours said that the army is slower than before.

And even that, for just 110p, they are really, really good. Look at my poor Guttrippaz, 180p for a bit more dmg they lose 3/4  of Plaguebearers abilities.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Sigmarusvult said:

I like most of it except for the allegiance ability which sounds like you have to keep track of lots for just doing MWs.

Its an interesting rule in theory. While I don't like the prevalence of mortal wounds in the game and this let's everything in Nurgle deal mortal wounds, the cap of 7 means you can't rely on those mortals alone to burst things down. If you load up a unit with 7 tokens it will still likely only take 3-4 mortal wounds that turn, which can then potentially be countered with heroic recovery/rally/etc. It also means if you're relying on those mortals things will get a chance to swing back in combat before they die. Pretty cool actually from a mechanic standpoint and very thematic. But from a bookkeeping standpoint yes it sounds like it will be a bit of a nightmare to track and remember. It just has to be 7, one more than could be tracked on a D6!

Edited by Orbei
  • Like 2