The Rumour Thread

+++ Mod Hat On +++
Okay folks can we get back to rumours. (Pretty sure we should see Maggotkin stuff soon)

Also, this is not the forum to discuss this at all. There is no tolerance for anybody who has these views on this forum and society.  Anybody who supports hate of anybody because of their race, Religious beliefs, who they love, how they look or if they have any disabilities, are not welcome here. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 5
  • LOVE IT! 3

15 minutes ago, Knopers said:

How legit previous rumors could be about OBR stuff ? Are we talking about 2022 release ? I have also read earlier about chariot and mortek Liege on foot but I feel like it was just wishful thinking

I wish we got a roadmap or at least some new lore development this way it is hard to guess. 

no idea what will be OBR doing without Nagash (for a while of course) how they get their new troops lore wise. 

I have no idea where are the united dwarves or malerion (shadow elves are at least getting a warband) 

33 minutes ago, Feii said:

I wish we got a roadmap or at least some new lore development this way it is hard to guess. 

no idea what will be OBR doing without Nagash (for a while of course) how they get their new troops lore wise. 

I have no idea where are the united dwarves or malerion (shadow elves are at least getting a warband) 

Well my friend that would require a bit of...transparency...from GW. 

Now lets all throw our heads back and laugh

45 minutes ago, Knopers said:

How legit previous rumors could be about OBR stuff ? Are we talking about 2022 release ? I have also read earlier about chariot and mortek Liege on foot but I feel like it was just wishful thinking

28 minutes ago, Feii said:

I think it's quite a safe bet to think that this Edition we may get Mortek Archers and then perhaps a new Hero model for the Bonereapers!!

11 hours ago, Maogrim said:

Yeah, what's wrong with Space ****** Übermensch Supersoldiers as the elite of a literally fascist regime being the good guys and justified in their hate crimes against their own people and 'alien races'? 

I really don't get why this might be problematic and inspire right-wing real world Fascists to identity with their said Ubermensch super fascist faction and recnnect those to more familiar fascist ideologies..

Oh. Wait. I do. 

Elves... always moaning.

Whereas we chaos dwarfs.. now we love a bit of life, love, and daemon infused artillery.

I mean look at the stinky chaos people, they're covered in flies and they don't sit there whining like an elf, and they have to hold their guts in with old baking trays and belts.

Angry chaos people - give them heads and skulls and red paint and they're happy - simple things. They'll even kill each other and smile.

Perfumed chaos people - give them a bottle of perfume and a mirror and they'll be your best friend, again hardly any whinging.

Arky's mortals - it's carnival every day at the eight points, spider outfits, comedy large weapons, gladiator outfits, cooking pots on their heads and dressing like a dead bird - happy, give them some glass beads and a comedy nest and they're happy and squawky.

See, us chaos... we're always happy, and we got a big dragon that looks the nuts even if it is 400 bones.

Destruction players... happy, smiley and always happy to show you their teef.

Dead blokes - happy, always grinning with a big smile.

Golden nuggets - happy - even the miserable ones are happy.

Elves... always moaning,

Got silly hats ... still moaning

Got stupid looking mounts... still moaning

and no big 400 bones dragon, just a walking rock with a silly hat... still moaning.

Moral of the story is Be happy.. don't be an elf

Join the chaos (bound daemon) train, heads by the pile, all with a smile. :)

Edited by Kaleb Daark
  • Haha 9

59 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

I agree. 

---------

What do you think we'll see tonight? 

Nurgle or dragons? 

A nurgle chaos dragon , none of that inside out dragon mallarky, just some spilled guts with a nurgling grinning through.

and an ikkle widdy bale tauro-magma-dragon to tease the upcoming non existent chaos dwarf release.

• Like 1

If we are getting more nurgle stuff I really want to see some pestigors. I hope they are a horde infantry unit to balance out the emphasis on elite small units in their current army. As for Nurgle dragon, I made a thread entirely dedicated to dragons so I am on board with that idea but would rather pesitgors as the omission of nurgle and khorne beasts is feeling more and more of a slap in the face.

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

15 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

If we are getting more nurgle stuff I really want to see some pestigors. I hope they are a horde infantry unit to balance out the emphasis on elite small units in their current army. As for Nurgle dragon, I made a thread entirely dedicated to dragons so I am on board with that idea but would rather pesitgors as the omission of nurgle and khorne beasts is feeling more and more of a slap in the face.

Totally agree as goats love a bit of stinky and bulls love a bit if blood greed

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

7 hours ago, Ogregut said:

What do you think we'll see tonight? 

Nurgle or dragons? 

They said that Nurgle would be out in December just in time for the grandfather to spread his gifts around the world. It was probably just fancy wording but at the time i figured it meant they'd be out just before Christmas, which would mean release on the 18th and therefore a preview on the 5th. I'd be more than happy to be wrong but that's what I'm expecting until proven otherwise. Plus if we get dragons today and they come out on the 4th it'd line up nicely to have Nurgle previewed that weekend.

Edited by Grimrock
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Grimrock said:

They said that Nurgle would be out in December just in time for the grandfather to spread his gifts around the world. It was probably just fancy wording but at the time i figured it meant they'd be out just before Christmas, which would mean release on the 18th and therefore a preview on the 4th. I'd be more than happy to be wrong but that's what I'm expecting until proven otherwise. Plus if we get dragons today and they come out on the 4th it'd line up nicely to have Nurgle previewed that weekend.

Mm, date-wise, that's a dangerous game tho.  There are so many shipping delays expected, if they have them available to release before the 18th, i would expect them to do it by the 11th.  Shipping is already a mess, and if people suspect they might not get items in time for the holidays they may not get it right away...  

7 hours ago, Malakithe said:

Well my friend that would require a bit of...transparency...from GW. 

Now lets all throw our heads back and laugh

Transparency in this case would risk a lot of blowback considering they probably don’t even know when they’ll have anything released. I’d rather they stick to releasing everything as they are with no defined dates, which has already caused issues for them with the fan base throughout the pandemic.

i realize they have a roadmap for 40K, but that is their flagship game after all and is understandably their top priority.

Edited by Vomikron
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fyrenn said:

Mm, date-wise, that's a dangerous game tho.  There are so many shipping delays expected, if they have them available to release before the 18th, i would expect them to do it by the 11th.  Shipping is already a mess, and if people suspect they might not get items in time for the holidays they may not get it right away...  

True, but keep in mind that the release is, as of now, extremely small. One model and a book. Even if they did somehow fail to ship by the 18th due to holiday issues the book is released for free to everyone on YouTube through reviewers. Really all that people would miss out on is a resculpt for a model most nurgle players already own.

Plus it was originally planned to drop in October but got pushed back. If an extra month and a half can't help them guarantee a release of this size then I don't think anything will help them. 

Edited by Grimrock

Massive week with loads of goodies! 

So this lot will be released on the 4th December which leaves 2 further saturdays before Xmas and we have the nurgle stuff, grey knight/genestealer box and Battleforces to come. 

I guess the Battleforces will be announced next week along with the 40k box which leaves the nurgle stuff to be released on the 18th.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

I'm supposed to be saving money right now but GW are not being cooperative. I might need a big red dragon in my life more than I need to make adult decisions and fiscal responsibility.

I seem to remember the big dragons are going to cost lots but have we had price leaks for the smaller 2?