The Rumour Thread

Interesting rumours with plausible theories. 

Dwarf Soup never did seem all that logical as a miniatures range, lore yes certainly, but not miniatures and model wise. Ossiarchs getting a bone dragon is a kind of dream for many and GW have hinted at bone construct dragons in Ghoulslayer. Again a lot of things there all sound plausible. 

Some are just fairly logical like Mortek Archers (we've got one in the Underworld Warband); or that Cities of Sigmar would need a big range update - though pairing it with The Old World release sounds more fan theory than solid GW style. 

We'll have to wait and see; in general big leaks like that are extremely rare, though we did have a pretty reliable big leak a little while back which has proven mostly true and sound (it also marks next year as a big year for Eldar)

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Copywolf said:

So take this with a bucket of salt but I saw on reddit a comment about a 4chan leak for some AoS future releases. I took a couple screenshots from Reddit.  Am I able to post those?

Edit: Read the rules and it seems to be okay? Mods, let me know if this is not okay.

Screenshot_20211119-120751_Reddit.jpg

Screenshot_20211119-115408_Reddit.jpg

This guy can not be trusted.

He did not mention the skaven even once!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Copywolf said:

So take this with a bucket of salt but I saw on reddit a comment about a 4chan leak for some AoS future releases. I took a couple screenshots from Reddit.  Am I able to post those?

Edit: Read the rules and it seems to be okay? Mods, let me know if this is not okay.

As much as I like the idea of having dwarves fix the broken realms after the elves got to it, I'm quite sceptical. It is quite incompatible with Whitefang's rumours, which we still rate quite highly, I think.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

As much as I like the idea of having dwarves fix the broken realms after the elves got to it, I'm quite sceptical. It is quite incompatible with Whitefang's rumours, which we still rate quite highly, I think.

Both man-things are wrong-wrong.

the didn’t mention the better-best race of them all.

I just cant trust 4Chan rumours unfortunately. 

The idea of Silent People as a Death Faction is interesting if true, I assume they're reanimated Husks? Or Husks brought back to life through nourishment. Though we know very little of them I would still assume if they are real they wouldve gone to Destruction. 

If true though thats fantastic news for Duardin, especially if Fyreslayers are getting Female sculpts and new kits!!

• Like 1

I'd love the Duardin rumours to be true, new female KO sculpts would probably force me to get into KO haha

But the rumours seem just a bit "too" good, you know? Maybe Dispossessed could become Reforged when TOW hits and duardin get new (old) units, but I somehow don't believe CoS BOTH gets new units and TOW overlap ones, as that would imply CoS stay with medieval germanic aesthetics instead of an AoS-ified look. Silent People also never seemed very Death-based, but what do I know? If these rumours are true it means Chaos Duardin are real so I'm going to share the screencaps and hype the imminent return of evil duardin.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

It's good that they reminded themselves and their players Space Marines are also supposed to be satire. That isn't in the recent depictions of them, making them just a glorification of space fascists.

As for the kitbash, one model is never a problem, it's doing that 40 times.

I dunno. Space Marines are cool. You can write a book about cool space monk knights being cool and it's not a glorification of space fascists. It's a book about cool space monk knights. 

6 hours ago, Sorrow said:

Years ago, I read a blog where one woman was writing a incredible lore for existing but also completely new daemons and mortals, with accompanying artwork for each hero, unit and monster. In her own words, she took a concept, in this case, the olfactory sense, and explored it in context of Slaanesh. I curse myself for not saving her lore and art, for she deleted he r blog and I was never able to find it again. Slaanesh is a deity of everything, for everything can be taken to excess. 

Sounds like one of the articles Ive read from Tankpot Zoe. Im pretty sure its not the same article since this one was posted this year but she also goes on the same direction of reimagining slaanesh as a deity of excess and proposes 2 cults to represent that: Cult of Perfection and Cult of Sensation.

Heres the article if you wanna take a look at it: http://tankpot.blogspot.com/2021/03/revisiting-slaanesh.html

4 hours ago, Copywolf said:

I would love to get all this destruction and death stuff so much i could only see this as wishlisting. I would buy multiple boxes of a spiderfang vs silent people box set!

Edited by Iksdee

6 hours ago, Copywolf said:

Rumours, in the rumour thread... I think you are in the wrong place my friend! 🙃

Joking aside I cannot tell how likely any of this is but the undead Silent People are making me excited about the possibility of a Hollow Knight styled faction and I am all about it!
hk_header_abilities.jpg
However, the amount of things in that post that feel like wish listing gives me serious pause.  I hope they are right as a lot of this sounds really cool... but I am hoping to see some level of evidence before writing a wish list of all my favourite undead bugs.

Tons of new kits for Disposessed, KO and Fyreslayers? That sounds very much like wishfil thinking. Also saying that Dawrf soup is illogical although Orruk Warclans, Ogor Mawtribes and arguably Skaven are all soup tomes and contain very different factions doesn't make much sense to me. 

And also there's no mention of the Tyrionic expansion for Lunineth, which is fine, but most importantly no mention of Malerion's 'Umbraneth'. And the latter I'd highly expect to make an appearance in the next 1-2 years. GW would probably sell more of those than of some weird undead insect people army that no one but the most faithful AOS followers know about.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

It's good that they reminded themselves and their players Space Marines are also supposed to be satire. That isn't in the recent depictions of them, making them just a glorification of space fascists.

As for the kitbash, one model is never a problem, it's doing that 40 times.

Pretty much this, it was so refreshing but widely inconsistent with recent narratives. I imagine some of the newer recent players must be astonished, given the recent heroic portrayals of the whole empire thing.

no bit of information whatsoever about kurnothi?

6 hours ago, Deepkin said:

I dunno. Space Marines are cool. You can write a book about cool space monk knights being cool and it's not a glorification of space fascists. It's a book about cool space monk knights. 

This is exactly the problem. In the beginning, Space Marines were the bluntest implements of fanatical, fascist and xenophobic empire. 

Now, they are portrayed as heroic and perceived as cool, but that original depiction from back when 40k was satire still remains. This means that GW is in an awkward spot where they want their washed space marines to be the good guys, but that just doesn't work without also glorifying that original fanatical, fascist and xenophobic empire, because it is still the same empire.

The only bit of writing that seems to keep that satire is the Regimental Standard, and it's the only bit of 40k writing I enjoy.

Plus, space marines being cool isn't an opinion I share in the slightest.

As for no female Fyreslayers, there is an intensely furious female Fyreslayer 2d artpiece that I would love to see in model form.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Joking aside I cannot tell how likely any of this is but the undead Silent People are making me excited about the possibility of a Hollow Knight styled faction and I am all about it!

As I’m playing through Hollow Knight with my son at the moment, this would be quite cool with a GW twist. The lore of the game is nice and grim and I think would be idea. Personally I would love something like the Guardians from Breath of the Wild crossed the Daleks but I’m hoping that’s more for Tyrion’s faction of Aelfs (something around restoring order no matter the cost like an opposite of Nagash by using living beings).

Anyway, that’s enough wishlisting which I kind of suspect those rumours are above. I’m sure the closer we get to Christmas (35 sleeps!!!!) we will see more and some announcements about what’s coming up.

• LOVE IT! 2

As soon as I read the part about Fyreslayers getting new stuff I was like 'Na nope that aint true..." 

And OBR getting more cavalry? Arent all cavalry pretty much elite? 

Try to imagine yourself at a flag post. Now like a mime move your hands as if you were raising a flag. Thats me raising the bull ****** flag

I think a big issue here is that whilst we had the big 40k rumour leak it started almost immediately. So it's easy to see how accurate it is because the only thing it got wrong was mistaking a fantastic conversion for an upcoming model. So with an AoS one of similar scope to be believable I'd want to see a timeline not just a mass of random ideas. But in the interest of tracking it we have from it:

Kharadon Overlords: Own battletome, female alt characters, new named character/leader

Fyreslayers: Own battletome

Cities of Sigmar: big updated including new kits for Dispossessed, renamed as the Reforged

Chaos Dwarves are on the way (but no name listed for the faction)

Silent People: Death faction

OBR: Mortek Archers, elite cavalry and Bone Dragon

Gloomspite Gitz: Spiderfang update

Seraphon: update in 2023

Codex Daemons: four combat patrols

I'm not sure about the bit about IJ, Kruleboyz, Thunderstrike and Maggotkin boxes. It sounds to me like those would be vanguard boxes but the fact they say Death will get nothing and like it for now when we're reasonably certain Nighthaunt are in the pipeline seems odd. If they mean the battleforces we know that's completely wrong.

1 hour ago, Gaz Taylor said:

As I’m playing through Hollow Knight with my son at the moment, this would be quite cool with a GW twist. The lore of the game is nice and grim and I think would be idea. Personally I would love something like the Guardians from Breath of the Wild crossed the Daleks but I’m hoping that’s more for Tyrion’s faction of Aelfs (something around restoring order no matter the cost like an opposite of Nagash by using living beings).

Anyway, that’s enough wishlisting which I kind of suspect those rumours are above. I’m sure the closer we get to Christmas (35 sleeps!!!!) we will see more and some announcements about what’s coming up.

And only 11 sleeps until the Advent Calender of Rumour Engines!!

christmas-is-awesome-christmas.gif

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, EntMan said:

I'm no lore expert (far from it) but I am really struggling to see insectoid Silent People in Death. Probably the last grand alliance I can mentally put them in actually.

Hoping the more Dwarves and them staying in Cities part of the rumour is right though.

I can sort of see how it could work but I agree. I feel that Silent People would belong in Destruction, the 'Neutral' Faction.

Yeah that "rumour" leak doesn't add up as much as I'd like it to. New KO and more dwarfs-yes please [although I'd like them out of cities]. It all doesn't quite sit right- like two much info. The big 40k leak was the exception, generally big leaks are bobbins..

Looking forward to the Advent rumour engines and the Christmas/new year reveals! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1