£30.00 – Immortis Guard/Necropolis Stalkers

£30.00 – Gothizzar Harvester

£50.00 – Mortek Crawler

£180.00

Last years more expensive ones where around the same £190 mark and cost £125

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Those boxes look pretty cool, they don't appeal to me, although the vamp one is a bit tempting.. 

Vanguard boxes.. look like a good set but not wild on that price point, but I guess it will depend on the contents of each box.

For now keeping my pennies for new dwarfs/squats ..[I live in hope!😇]

Interesting, not a single kit is from warhammer fantasy, these are all "brand new" AoS armies.

It's hard to judge if they are good value without knowing the price, each box has one or more units that don't see much play on the table (slaangors, Mortal slaanesh wizard, LRL banner dude, skeletons, Obr scyth hero, stalkers).

Hopefully the discount is high enough so that  it's not just about getting one of these to-be-shelved units for free.

LRL815.pdf

OBR1010.pdf

Slaanesh1070.pdf

Soulblight795.pdf  

Added the points in warscrollbuilder.

18 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

Soulblight Gravelords:

£39.50 – Vengorian Lord

£39.50 – Blood Knights

£69.00 – 2x Deadwalker Zombies

£36.50 – Deathrattle Skeletons

£184.50

Hedonites of Slaanesh:

£18.50 – Shardspeaker

£31.50 – Blissbarb Archers

£42.00 – Slickblade Seekers

£31.50 – Slaangor Fiendbloods

£73.00 – 2x Symbaresh Twinsouls/Myrmidesh Painbringers

£196.50

Lumineth Realmlords:

£34.50 – Vanari Lord Regent

£21.00 – Vanari Bannerblade

£31.50 – Vanari Starshard Ballista

£36.50 – Vanari Auralan Wardens

£36.50 – Vanari Bladelords

£39.50 – Vanari Dawnriders

£199.50

Ossiarch Bonereapers:

£17.50 – Mortisan Boneshaper

£17.50 – Mortisan Soulreaper

£35.00 – Mortek Guard

£30.00 – Immortis Guard/Necropolis Stalkers

£30.00 – Gothizzar Harvester

£50.00 – Mortek Crawler

£180.00

Last years more expensive ones where around the same £190 mark and cost £125

Edited by Iksdee
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

If someone is interested, here are how much points you can get with each box:

Slaanesh - 1020 ~1080

Ossiarch - 1140 ~1050

Soulblight - 875 ~ 880

Lumineth - 815 ~ 875

And here how much battlelines you can get with each box:

Slaanesh - 1 ~ 3 (need to get a Lord of Pain to get to 3)

Ossiarch - 1

Soulblight - 3 ~ 4 (4 needs the Kastelai sub allegiance)

Lumienth - 2 ~ 3 (need a Scinari hero to get to 3)

Edited by Arzalyn
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I love all of these boxes and I am very tempted by each one, but also I feel like I might take a pass for one reason or another.
thomas-elliott-thomas-elliott-blood-knig
Revenant Legion: This is a really awesome starter for Soulblight and an amazing looking way of getting into a cool army. It has a fantastic centre piece, blood knights and all the amazing new infantry models. I am going to bow out on this one though. It is fantastic but it is also my best friend's main army and for his own purposes he has all the relevant models that he needs.
OlHLrkRcuYBzR6AO.jpg
Sybarite Blade-Carnival: If it had a Keeper like last year's Tzeentch set with the Lord of Change, this would be an instant purchase for me. As it is it is still my personal favourite of the Battleforces, and with some help from my Slaves to Darkness it could be an easy 2000 points of Hedonites of Slaanesh. However, the lack of demons would require me to buy a Slaanesh start collecting box and the twins (discount Keeper proxy)...  for summoning purposes. Which would inflate this from being a cheap additional army into an expensive long term investment. My favourite chaos god is always just out of my undivided reach. 😭
JX7LPLnIIisQnhXM.jpg
Vanari Shining Host: Now this is what I am talking about, covers battleline and gets me some of the best looking units in one of my favourite factions. Just adding Teclis pretty much jumps it to 1700 points and also avoids the archer spam that makes everyone hate playing the faction (yes I know Teclis is a problem too but this is to keep my army small). Honestly I might take the plunge even though I do not really want to start a new Order army project after just investing in Stormcast.
jon-cave-bonereapers-ep3-frame1-final-v1
Mortisan Tithe-Echelon: Really great starting point for OBR. This is another contender but it is also an army played in my group of friends. I think my friends are all secretly agents of Nagash. It is strange as it really seems to have no themed focus and literally get you everything you will eventually want for OBR. I really like it but for my money I would have needed Nighthaunt or Flesh Eater Courts to not double on my friend's armies. Still tempting but less so then the Aelves and Slaanesh. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------
I might make one my big holiday purchase, or I could treat myself to Be'Lakor, Smiley the Dragon or some nice Varanguard. Who am I kidding my Ogors still need Emotional Support Gnoblar buddies!

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 4

50 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I'm really tempted to pick up two or three Beast Claw start collecting boxes while they are still around.

44 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Same, @KingBroddhow about you?

Also, I might be picking up two of the battleforce boxes this year: the Soulblight and Slaanesh boxes are just too good.

Yeah I'm definitely going to grab a SC BCR now!! I'd imagine the Vanguard for Ogors will be Gutbusters and whilst they are my Ogor army I think the Beastclaw SC is just too good a deal to pass up.

Not to mention I have a £35 voucher for GW to spend so its value for money is even better!!

23 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Kugath with his palanquin is perfect, just exactly what I was expecting. But N'kari design reminds me about Buu with horns from Dragon Ball. I prefer AoS's KoS design, it fit better with the Fantasy settings than the old Aenarion vs N'kari sketch.

I'm really tempted to buy Slaanesh battlebox. I still think that they need a unit of Blissbarb Lancers, but love their design even if I don't like how they play. Maybe in the next edition...

Edited by Beliman

1 minute ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Do we know if they are limiting themselves to pre-AoS stuff? Or are there already examples of models being back-ported?

Yes. They said that they are not going to touch AoS or End Times.

This argument is a bit missleading because GUO and Bloothirsters are using the new designs instead of the old dog-face demon or the green potato. And I'm pretty sure there are a lot more (ex: Arkhan). 

I assume that CA just pointed out that they are not going to follow AoS or End Times narrative and that's why they use some "updated" designs instead that the Fantasy ones.

• Thanks 2