The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, sandlemad said:

I don't think there's anything that's particularly implausible about that WHU lineup. Some of those warbands are basically just filling out the gaps in the for WHU range so far. Zombies are perfectly likely for the reasons @Neil Arthur Hotep suggests and skaven, as an army with four distinct subfactions, are crying out for a new warband to add onto their S1 version.

Some of them are tied to the Ulgu underwater setting, maybe even too much? You have some obviously bestial gangs come in in Beastgrave but I don't think any of them were quite as particular to the setting as pirates or Ulgurite elves.

I dunno, I think if someone did compile a 'best guess' list it would probably look like largely like this (besides chaos dwarfs because the daemon-powered hype train knows no breaks). But then if they did compile a list like that, it would be because these guesses are genuinely plausible and five seasons into WHU there's some obvious gaps to fill.

Could go either way really.

Yes. One of the less appreciated bits when speculating on Underworlds rosters is keeping in mind that every GA always has a least one warband/season, and none of them ever have like 5/8. This is the real reason Warclans and Gloomspite have so many warbands, (Destruction is literally 3 factions with SoB out of scope) and why a Zombie warband is plausible. They have to do something for Death and there's not a lot of armies and subfactions in that GA that haven't already been covered.

7 hours ago, Kaleb Daark said:

it's something much much deeper than all of the above.

When the pandemic hit production in nearly all walks of life stopped, and so it did for raw materials as well. Plastics, metals, everything.

What everyone thought was that it was a blip of a few weeks, almost like a factory summer shutdown, not something that would run for over a year.

The byproduct of that is nobody stockpiled anything.

the byproduct of that is that suddenly demand for such things went through the roof - mainly due to production stopping but people finding that they had the time for activities and projects that otherwise would not have happened and in so doing the stock that was there was depleted overnight, whereas the companies themselves thought that demand would be low to non existent.

Leaving out brexit, haulage crisis etc, what you have is a situation where when the world, not just the Uk, but the world woke up, everyone wanted everything right now or yesterday at the same time.  It's like everyone on the planet switching on their lights at the same time - there's just not enough electricity to cope with the demand.

So it is with production of material goods.

That raw material asset wasn't being produced during lockdowns, so the reserves got depleted to nothing.  Now, that has meant that any forcasting or forward planning has gone out of the window as even had you got your chaos dwarf release made, there's no guarantee there's a single shipping container free till next year, where you were guaranteed a dozen every three months before.

look at the auto industry, perfect example, if it's not the materials to make the bodywork it's the materials needed to make the semiconductors in the control circuits on some of the electrical components.  That's why used cars that should be half the price of a warlord titan are selling for a king's ransom at the moment.

Then you top that off with the small detail of the logistics and distribution chain.  You have suppliers who cannot promise a lead time on an item because they themselves don't know if they can make it in the guaranteed promised timeframe. Currently we're working on things that should only take a month to get to us and we're being told realistically (safety margin) possibly march to June next year, go figure. 

Until everything evens itself out you've got another year if not two of this fun and games to look forward to not just in gaming but across all walks of life.

Wow - a great summary. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Also solves that one rumour engine that we thought might have been Dawnbringers or something Death related:

40k Grimaldus Sep27 Image2

These actually look like a great source of bits for AOS! Is this what Space Marines look like under their armour? It is a much cooler aesthetic than the armoured look in my opinion and could lead to much more crossover with AOS bitz. 

19 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Thank you King, and everyone who's allowed me to hype. Know its not Age of Sigmar related and off topic but appreciated being able to share it with people ❤️

That's the beauty of TGA. At the end of day, regardless of any possible differences we're all Warhammer fans and hobbyists. It's a beauty to see a fan excited and getting their wishes become a reality, and one of the strengths of TGA is the wide breadth of fans; meaning always someone gets their time in the sun. Be it gargants, Lumineth, Idoneth endless spells, Chorfs or 40K's Black Templars - someone gets to hype and spread their joys and hopes to others. It's one of the reasons I end up coming back, the love for the hobby is infectious in a way I haven't really felt elsewhere (even if other platforms are excelling in other aspects of the fandom!).

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 5

27 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Thank you King, and everyone who's allowed me to hype. Know its not Age of Sigmar related and off topic but appreciated being able to share it with people ❤️

No thanks needed mate, everyone should be able to enjoy their hype and seeing others happy is the main reason I come to TGA. Inbox me pics of your painted beauties when they are finished mate!!

• LOVE IT! 1

17 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

These actually look like a great source of bits for AOS! Is this what Space Marines look like under their armour? It is a much cooler aesthetic than the armoured look in my opinion and could lead to much more crossover with AOS bitz. 

No, those are servitors. Brainwashed humans that are used as workers by space marines for basically everything. Reloading guns, carrying things around, etc.

• Thanks 1

Well 40K got some rumor about the new Eldar and CSM stuff. While not much of it is related to AoS, there is been speculation that finally a new Avatar of Khaine will come out. Unsure if it will be like Be’lekor and useable in AoS but the avatar does exist in both system and lore

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Not sure if these have been mentioned but as there is an explosion of actual rumours, here’s some off Twitter from @Jabber_AOS from Reddit/1d4chan. Lots of salt but Oathbreakers sounds an ace name 😁112F5089-9FCD-4E23-AE76-64C3350575F5.jpeg.7455a7ee3ada05c6d5cf0ed107272ec8.jpegFE9A7C81-0E09-4EA9-A276-82BE7F72BB10.jpeg.39ffc344bbb3c510aea181cd3b503fdf.jpeg

Seems another mixmatch of previous "4chan and not" rumors...
New parts are the Lumineth "update"(please no GW don't do it now but wait),the name for the chaos dwarves (but i remember some theories) and the Ogor new hero.
Umbraneth was a fake pic from a warcom article(photoshopped), chaos and Ossiarch updates are more like ideas from what we've seen or waiting(multipart chaos knights\warriors and ossiarch archers like the warband).
Also i don't get why everyone's assuming dawnbringer crusades will be a new faction and not "an army composition idea" for cities.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Like 3

I believe most of those rumors where tie to “and also Grey Knight where getting new true scale model in the next boxset” which did not happen.

my personal doubt came from the composition of the boxset and GW would put the old janky spider rider kits next to a lot of new models on BoC side

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, novakai said:

I believe most of those rumors where tie to “and also Grey Knight where getting new true scale model in the next boxset” which did not happen.

my personal doubt came from the composition of the boxset and GW would put the old janky spider rider kits next to a lot of new models on BoC side

Yes, this seems a slight update to that previously debunked rumor with the bits that were already provably wrong removed.

Banking on Umbraneth/Ulgu Aelves is a pretty safe bet as Malerion will sooner or later get an army of their own. I'd also expect Dawnbringers to be a part of CoS - maybe like Witch Hunters/Zealots of old - rather than a new army. But the rumour DOES promise Chorfs so guess I have to hope its true 😉

(Although I think 'Furnace Kings' sounds way cooler than 'Oathbreakers', as the latter sounds like what a vanilla!Duardin would call my sweet evil masterminds rather than their own name - Furnace Kings sounds what they would call themselves!)

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Not sure if these have been mentioned but as there is an explosion of actual rumours, here’s some off Twitter from @Jabber_AOS from Reddit/1d4chan. Lots of salt but Oathbreakers sounds an ace name 😁112F5089-9FCD-4E23-AE76-64C3350575F5.jpeg.7455a7ee3ada05c6d5cf0ed107272ec8.jpegFE9A7C81-0E09-4EA9-A276-82BE7F72BB10.jpeg.39ffc344bbb3c510aea181cd3b503fdf.jpeg

I love the idea of a new Ogor Hero model but do hope there is more to the Mawtribes release this Edition otherwise it's exactly the same as the last with a new Hero.

19 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Imagine if Umbraneth was a troll, but then GW decided to use it anyway. 🤣

At least it will match with the Lumineth....but it would be still lame.
@Public Universal DuardinIDK Oathbreakers is not that bad while too "biased form the order Dawi point of view", i like to some extent, Furnace Kings also seems vanilla on the other hand(still good tho).
Considering the whole "sorcerer\priests of Hashut controls the society" i'd prefer something more "religious" like "Hashut Ashspeakers" or "Ruingineers of Hashut" ....mirroring also the other chaos gods that contains the god name in the faction.

• LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, novakai said:

Well 40K got some rumor about the new Eldar and CSM stuff. While not much of it is related to AoS, there is been speculation that finally a new Avatar of Khaine will come out. Unsure if it will be like Be’lekor and useable in AoS but the avatar does exist in both system and lore

New eldar rumor? Link?

I like the Oathbreakers name! That's an exciting list of rumors, though I'd much prefer Dawnbringer Crusade be part of Cities and not its own thing. There are already so many factions that feel too thin and in need of a few extra kits. A little add-on to Cities to freshen up the range would be cool though.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, novakai said:

The Eldar rumor is believable because they didn't mention the aspect warriors (assuming jetbikes are a new units and not Shining spears) for once...lol.

• Sad 1

It's about time 40K got some love as well. I think since Domimion there were only new Grey Knights, Orks, Thousand Sons and Black Templar, as well as new Kill Team and Necromunda stuff...while AOS players get something unspecified with Chaos and spiders to look forward to.

• Haha 10

Yeah, the majority of that rumour seems to be based around existing rumours. I am interested were the original rumours disproven? I personally like this rumour, particularly as it doesn't squat Beasts of Chaos. I also find it funny that all rumours for AOS and 40K involve Chosen.

It seems like it isn't a rumour unless Chosen are involved. 
53783905.jpg