The Rumour Thread

6 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

MWs are determined as normal damage with the new core rules.

Maybe I'm wrong, but this doesn't change the skewered mechanic. 

1-Calculate your dmg characteristic (Max 12 bc. Skewered).

2-On a 6 to hit (5+ with seampcalla) do their dmg characteristic as mortal wounds.

I think that's a good mechanics, que could see more warmachines to counter all this Tankcrushas, Nagash, etc... Gotrek will still be annoying but I'm pretty sure  he will take a big hit (soon).

1 hour ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Anyone else think it might be problematic for one shooting unit to put out 12 damage shots?

I know mega gargants are a bit silly but…

I think it really depends - if they're like a canon and hitting on 4s and 2s with a single shot, they'll be too swingy to be amazing. Whereas if they have multiple shots or are super cheap, they're going to be a pain.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I think it really depends - if they're like a canon and hitting on 4s and 2s with a single shot, they'll be too swingy to be amazing. Whereas if they have multiple shots or are super cheap, they're going to be a pain.

We know their hit too if they don't move:

Man-skewer Boltboyz and Beast-skewer Killbows both have a range of 24”, and they hit on a 2+ if you don’t move. If you choose the Big Yellers warclan, you get to add 3” to that range.

• Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Beliman said:

We know their hit too if they don't move:

Thanks, I missed that :)

Number of attacks is the biggest one imo - one attack, even on 2s and 2s, is very swingy. That said, they don't look too hard to counter (just put some chaff into them) so not certain they'll be a problem. 

1 hour ago, Enoby said:

Thanks, I missed that :)

Number of attacks is the biggest one imo - one attack, even on 2s and 2s, is very swingy. That said, they don't look too hard to counter (just put some chaff into them) so not certain they'll be a problem. 

THey'll probably be a moderately high point value, which will be annoying and make large blocks of them unfeasable. 

On the other end of the spectrum, a few brought in as allies on an ironjawz list, or in a big Waagh would be interesting. Especially if the WAAGH! ability adds additional attacks to them. 

Only tangentially related to AoS, but a chap over on Bolter & Chainsword who's source of rumours/leaks was accurate about Kill-Team/Death Korps/Cadian upgrades as far back as November has said that, among the huge list of 40k leaks, new Daemons are 'in the pipeline'.

World Eaters were also mentioned, that does make me wonder if they'll be for Khorne in a similar vein to the Death Guard's launch seeing a wave of Nurgle Daemons not long after. 

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • LOVE IT! 1

15 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Only tangentially related to AoS, but a chap over on Bolter & Chainsword who's source of rumours/leaks was accurate about Kill-Team/Death Korps/Cadian upgrades as far back as November has said that, among the huge list of 40k leaks, new Daemons are 'in the pipeline'.

World Eaters were also mentioned, that does make me wonder if they'll be for Khorne in a similar vein to the Death Guard's launch seeing a wave of Nurgle Daemons not long after. 

Would be interesting to see what could be done with daemons, it's not like they're particularly badly off. Good range of units, a bunch of greater daemons, tons of special characters in plastic.

I could see a bunch of 'variant heralds' for Khorne or Tzeentch to match Nurgle's Bilepiper or Slaanesh's Enrapturess. Maybe a plastic generic herald for Slaanesh. The Bloodletters and Daemonettes are getting on a bit in years, possibly they could do with a refresh.

• Like 1

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Would be interesting to see what could be done with daemons, it's not like they're particularly badly off. Good range of units, a bunch of greater daemons, tons of special characters in plastic.

I could see a bunch of 'variant heralds' for Khorne or Tzeentch to match Nurgle's Bilepiper or Slaanesh's Enrapturess. Maybe a plastic generic herald for Slaanesh. The Bloodletters and Daemonettes are getting on a bit in years, possibly they could do with a refresh.

Possibly a new plastic daemon prince? or could GW expand beyond lesser/beasts/greater, such as something like the Brutes or Behemoths from the Ruinstorm list? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

An actual Rumour!! New Daemons are welcome indeed.

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Can you copy and paste or link?

1 hour ago, SunStorm said:

Possibly a new plastic daemon prince? or could GW expand beyond lesser/beasts/greater, such as something like the Brutes or Behemoths from the Ruinstorm list? 

Oh good point. I have my doubts about GW proper ever doing anything as brilliantly freeform and old school as the Ruinstorm list but we can live in hope. Plastic daemon prince would be very welcome.

As an aside, looks like the rumours have been taken down from B&C and Dakka. Interesting stuff, I suppose we'll find out if there's any basis to them in a month or so.

EDIT: and seemingly some of it has been either repeated or mentioned from another source by Valrak. It actually dovetails fairly well with a good few rumour engines.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

13 hours ago, Beliman said:

@yukishiro1

Completely agree but that's exactly why I expected that too. If WAR40k has Secondaries, at least to me was clear that AoS could have something like that too. Maybe not a copy&paste, but I expected diferent ways to earn victory points for each faction and after reading about Battle tactics and Grand Strategies, I assumed that the first battletomes would have their own. Btw, the generic ones are really boring.

But, AoS 3.0 presentation pointed out that Warscroll Battalions had some power-creep discrepancies between battletomes and they fixe'd that with Core Battalions for everyone (even if they are seasonal like GHB's ones). That was their main selling point... until now.

That's why I didn't expect SoB Core Battalions, but as I said before, I will wait until I play some games before I start complaining.

If we just want to point out that GW games are not balanced, yes, totally agree. 

9 hours ago, mojojojo101 said:

I think the battalion issue is as much a communication problem as anything else.

They gave the impression (deliberately or otherwise) that faction specific battalions were irretrievably broken and that core battalions available for everyone would be the answer to that.

Except, while GW was telling us that, they have been designing the game to have faction specific battalions as a significant part. I feel like I'd be totally on board if they had just described it as a reworking of the whole system from the get go, but the get rid of it then immediately add it back thing is kinda frustrating.

Faction specific strategies and battle tactics are less of a problem but I still think it adds to a general bloat of information you need to know and understand to do well. I'm not all that bothered, but I could see why more competitive players would find that frustrating.

With faction specific core battalions now, there was literally no reason to get rid of warscroll battalions. They could've easily rewritten the rules around them to give less free benefits (like artefacts, dropping together, and the CP), and they easily could've written generic warscroll battalions that any army could take. Plus axing warscroll battalions didn't actually make the game more balanced, it just shifted things around. The new system will actually be more prone to breaking things, since the unit compositions are more flexible, and there are no point costs involved. They've already shown they're willing to use unique effects with the GHB ones too.

When they first announced core battalions that's what I had hoped they did, warscroll battalions that any army could take like:

• 1 hero with 7 or less wounds + 1 battleline unit of 3 or more models, if the hero is within 3" of the unit they get a retinue shrug
  • 1 hero + 2-3 non-hero monsters: commands issued by the hero of this battalion can affect units within the range of the command ability, instead of wholly within
  • etc....
  • Like 4

56 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Oh good point. I have my doubts about GW proper ever doing anything as brilliantly freeform and old school as the Ruinstorm list but we can live in hope. Plastic daemon prince would be very welcome.

As an aside, looks like the rumours have been taken down from B&C and Dakka. Interesting stuff, I suppose we'll find out if there's any basis to them in a month or so.

EDIT: and seemingly some of it has been either repeated or mentioned from another source by Valrak. It actually dovetails fairly well with a good few rumour engines.

Could this be to do with the October Battletome? Maybe a STD release with a bunch of new Daemons models or updated models for the Big 4?

Would be cool if the demons were more open to design options so they each have distinguished individual traits, I personally enjoy how individual chaos is all about, each mundane sculpt can tell more than 1 story for the hobbyist' to manipulate. 

Edited by Blood0Tiger

11 minutes ago, Blood0Tiger said:

Would be cool if the demons were more open to design options so they each have distinguished individual traits, I personally enjoy how individual chaos is all about, each mundane sculpt can tell more than 1 story for the hobbyist' to manipulate. 

A new Daemon prince is long overdue tbh

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Could this be to do with the October Battletome? Maybe a STD release with a bunch of new Daemons models or updated models for the Big 4?

I saw a screenshot of the post, says daemons are "without a specific date but in the pipeline", which means almost definitely not October.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

While I love a new rumor, I’m a bit disappointed that it’s not Emperor’s Children next. I’m happy for the World Eaters fans, but I want to field an army of Mad-Max Doof Warriors in space!

3 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

An actual Rumour!! New Daemons are welcome indeed.

I agree with his royal Swoleness, new daemons(especially daemon engines) are always welcome.

4 hours ago, Scurvydog said:

Showing up happy with Sons of Behemat to an event.

Opponent places down 6 of these things:

image.png.7872cf658175ecf4ce31bbd0889d745d.png

Nod in understanding and concede 😛

*reads rules, puts aside Tomb Kings flavored Gatebreaker Mega-Gargant conversion for a later date.*

Sorry, @KingBrodd, it looks like Kruleboyz are your new enemy.

Edited by Loyal Son of Khemri
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

While I love a new rumor, I’m a bit disappointed that it’s not Emperor’s Children next. I’m happy for the World Eaters fans, but I want to field an army of Mad-Max Doof Warriors in space!

I agree with his royal Swoleness, new daemons(especially daemon engines) are always welcome.

*reads rules, puts aside Tomb Kings flavored Gatebreaker Mega-Gargant conversion for a later date.*

Sorry, @KingBrodd, it looks like Kruleboyz are your new enemy.

Mate I'm gunna need to see that conversion ASAP!! 

Kruelboyz throwing spears and other stabbaz is not very Gork of them. The Big Ladz will take the brunt of the pokers whilst the Hungry Boyz move in for the kill.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Mate I'm gunna need to see that conversion ASAP!! 

Kruelboyz throwing spears and other stabbaz is not very Gork of them. The Big Ladz will take the brunt of the pokers whilst the Hungry Boyz move in for the kill.

When I finally work up the courage to buy the thing, I’ll notify you immediately my internet companion! But for now we must prepare for the monster hunting meta-game with lore inspired lists!!! Besides, it’s clear the Kruleboyz are Mork’s creatures, all cunning and no brutality.

• Like 2